First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed my Harken hoist yesterday. I'm sometimes inpatient with things that can tangle, straps and ropes, but I managed it and it is a pretty slick system. My two door roof is hanging from the garage ceiling now!
I noticed that using the straps on the roof is a bit of a pain to do alone and I think it would be a whole lot easier to use hooks like the one here. I'm thinking of 4 of these, one for each rope and hoist it with one of these in roughly the 4 corners of the roof. The bottom of the roof looks like something like this would work well. At 80 lbs or so, there would be about 20 lbs on each hook and at each of the 4 hoist points of the roof.
Just wondering, is there a big reason not to do this?
Ford Bronco Would hooks be ok for hoisting? 1652443413618
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think the hooks would break, but I would worry a bit about them slipping off. In my opinion, stick with the straps.

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think the hooks would break, but I would worry a bit about them slipping off. In my opinion, stick with the straps.
You know what I might try is to lift it off the bronco with these hooks and with it in the air, snap straps on for safety.
Sponsored