First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I want to start by saying I have enjoyed this community and everyone's insight. My Bronco was reserved 7/28 with order placed on 1/21/21 for a BB/4D/2.7/MID/MIC. Since I have no VIN/build date I have continued to waffle and keep thinking about switching to the BD. I love the optional wheels and the simplicity of the grill on the BD (love the BB as well) but since I will not be going hardcore off-roading I am concerned the gearing and body armor might be overkillā€¦plus I have an 80 pound dog and wonder if the MGV seats would tear easily as Iā€™ve seen a post describing the material as thin. I would most likely have to build out a 4D BD with soft-top and 2.7 and thatā€™s allā€¦the 2.3 would be financially more responsible but I just canā€™t pull that trigger. I know I could get seat covers for the dog issue but I keep thinking about the Big Bend grill whistle issue and fear a new seal wonā€™t fix it. On the flip side I worry the modular bumper on the BD will make my wait even longer even if I choose the soft-top. I live in a small town which makes it difficult finding demo Broncos anywhere near for me to do my own investigation so any insight from the community on the MGV would be greatly appreciated as well as thoughts on if you would spend the $3000 difference between the BB & BD. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I switched from 2.3 non SAS Badlands to a SAS Black Diamond. I wanted the manual with 4.7 gears and could only get the Badlands with that. After doing the ride along in Moab back in April in a SAS Badlands I knew I would he happy with a auto and the 2.7 power was impressive. Loved the stance of the 35s over the 33s. The stay bar disconnect is a cool feature but not needed in my opinion. I changed to a Black Diamond 2.7 SAS With MIC, Hardtop and tow for the same price I was going to spend on a 2.3 manual badlands with a high package.

Build date next Monday. Hopefully

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched from 2.3 non SAS Badlands to a SAS Black Diamond. I wanted the manual with 4.7 gears and could only get the Badlands with that. After doing the ride along in Moab back in April in a SAS Badlands I knew I would he happy with a auto and the 2.7 power was impressive. Loved the stance of the 35s over the 33s. The stay bar disconnect is a cool feature but not needed in my opinion. I changed to a Black Diamond 2.7 SAS With MIC, Hardtop and tow for the same price I was going to spend on a 2.3 manual badlands with a high package.

Build date next Monday. Hopefully
So hopeful Monday IS your build date!

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your build is the same as mine. Like you, I will not be doing any hardcore off-roading, hence the reason I didn't see the need to spend extra money on something that I don't need. The fabric seats in the BB are pretty nice and I don't have to worry about them getting too hot or too cold....like leather or MGV will.
As far as the whistle.....IMO, its being blown out of proportion....based on my experience. The only time I heard a slight whistle was with the top off, windows down, and radio off. And with the road noise you experience under those circumstances.....it's really not a big deal.
The BB really pulls everything together nicely. The grill matches the wheels and are pretty close to matching the MIC.

Ford Bronco Would Like Community Input. passenger side.JPG

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stick with the BB and save the money. With the money savings, you can buy the Heritage grill (or any other that you want). No need to haul body armor and rails if they are never needed.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you really need to figure out where your priorities are.... nobody else can tell you what you like. go on the build and price part of the ford site and start from scratch and order what you will best use. would you actually take a stranger's advice on who you are to marry? , so why would they have the insight to tell you what to drive....

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go BB. If you hate the bumpers or seat covers they can be changed easily. From your post I donā€™t think you will notice either after you get your bronco.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you really need to figure out where your priorities are.... nobody else can tell you what you like. go on the build and price part of the ford site and start from scratch and order what you will best use. would you actually take a stranger's advice on who you are to marry? , so why would they have the insight to tell you what to drive....
I know my post was long and probably a little misleading on what Iā€™m asking but really Iā€™m just looking for insight on the MGV seats as well as if the $3000 increase is worth the hardware it brings. Believe me Iā€™ve spent way too much time on the build and price website, lol.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your build is the same as mine. Like you, I will not be doing any hardcore off-roading, hence the reason I didn't see the need to spend extra money on something that I don't need. The fabric seats in the BB are pretty nice and I don't have to worry about them getting too hot or too cold....like leather or MGV will.
As far as the whistle.....IMO, its being blown out of proportion....based on my experience. The only time I heard a slight whistle was with the top off, windows down, and radio off. And with the road noise you experience under those circumstances.....it's really not a big deal.
The BB really pulls everything together nicely. The grill matches the wheels and are pretty close to matching the MIC.

Ford Bronco Would Like Community Input. passenger side.JPG
Your Big Bend is a good looking rig and youā€™re right the only differences I went with is Area 51. I do think Iā€™m going to put 33s on though to give it a bit more of an aggressive stance if I donā€™t go to the Black diamond that is.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know my post was long and probably a little misleading on what Iā€™m asking but really Iā€™m just looking for insight on the MGV seats as well as if the $3000 increase is worth the hardware it brings. Believe me Iā€™ve spent way too much time on the build and price website, lol.
How will you use the vehicle? Do you wheel, camp? That helps to determine if any of the other bits on a higher trim may be of value to you.

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the optional wheels and the simplicity of the grill on the BD (love the BB as well) but since I will not be going hardcore off-roading I am concerned the gearing and body armor might be overkillā€¦plus I have an 80 pound dog and wonder if the MGV seats would tear easily as Iā€™ve seen a post describing the material as thin.

... if you would spend the $3000 difference between the BB & BD.
If I were constrained by a budget then I would stay with the BB. the vehicle is modular and you can probably find someone who has a BD and wants a BB grille. Or you buy from Ford or aftermarket. Many of us will change out our grilles over the years. Wheels are a relatively cheep upgrade. You will definitely be able to get those BD wheels or something similar either as people change our their wheels or you can go aftermarket. If you got a new grille and new wheels you will have some money left over from that $3K to get some pet accessories for your "man's best friend!" šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How will you use the vehicle? Do you wheel, camp? That helps to determine if any of the other bits on a higher trim may be of value to you.
This will be my daily driver and I will take it camping and some very light trails. Thatā€™s why I probably will stick with a big bend but thatā€™s Also why Iā€™m asking for people who might know more than me on the BD so I can weigh all the options.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I based my decision on how I will use my Bronco and my budget. I was late to the game with my reservation, but initially wanted a BL. I've researched every trim, package and option. Although the multiple trim levels made my decision more difficult, I think it's great that Ford has created models for almost anyone's needs and budget. I finally decided on the BB. It will be a daily driver for me. I don't do any off-roading, hauling or towing. Although it is not as capable off-road as the BL I thought I wanted, it's $10K cheaper. Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I were constrained by a budget then I would stay with the BB. the vehicle is modular and you can probably find someone who has a BD and wants a BB grille. Or you buy from Ford or aftermarket. Many of us will change out our grilles over the years. Wheels are a relatively cheep upgrade. You will definitely be able to get those BD wheels or something similar either as people change our their wheels or you can go aftermarket. If you got a new grille and new wheels you will have some money left over from that $3K to get some pet accessories for your "man's best friend!" šŸ˜‚
You bring up a good point as I always forget that the truck is modular so I could switch out the grill down the road. I know the first upgrade besides tinting the front windows will be putting 33 ATā€™s on her.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You bring up a good point as I always forget that the truck is modular so I could switch out the grill down the road. I know the first upgrade besides tinting the front windows will be putting 33 ATā€™s on her.
Yup, so I say put your money toward things that cannot be reasonably upgraded later.

Nearly impossible to upgrade (realistically):
4dr vs 2dr
2.7 vs 2.3 (if that matters)
4x4 Automatic vs Part time select
Auto vs MT

Upgrades possible but less likely and costly:
Mid vs Standard Package
Front/Rear lockers vs Rear only locker vs No locker (Sas vs BD vs stock BB
Leather vs MGV vs Cloth (there are always seat covers so this matters less)
MIC vs Soft top

Easy Upgrades:
Wheels
Tires
Lift
Grille
Bumper
Lights
Speakers
Stereo
Fenders
Badging

I say focus on everything in the first list. Once you get all of what you want out of that list then you will have your trim and build based on what you can afford. If money is left over then move to second and third lists. Anything that doesnt fit in budget goes on your Christmas or birthday list
Sponsored