Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How fucking old are you people, why do so many people have vehicles that are over 30 years old.

Ya'll better get the running boards or else your gonna break a hip getting in your badlands I tell yah
Uhh, I'm 31 and have had a '78, 79' and 92'. The '79 was my first car, bought at 15 in 2004

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dad had a Bronco II until I was about 3 or 4 years old, when it was replaced by a ā€˜95 explorer. (Theyā€™ve had explorers ever since.)

Other than that.... I honestly havenā€™t even spent much time in Broncos. My buddy has a 94 or 95 that Iā€™ve been in a few times but Iā€™ve never even ridden in a Bronco other than that one in 10+ years, Iā€™ve just always loved them.

Sponsored

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be my 1st to own. Grew up riding in my cousins lifted Bronco. Great memories in it. Knew I was buying a 4 door the second I saw the pre reveal. Really looking forward to getting into the off-roading and trail community.

OP
OP
Chuck_Ruck

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How fucking old are you people, why do so many people have vehicles that are over 30 years old.
First, I'm about to be 35 in two weeks, and second, I grew up without money. I have never owned a car/truck newer than 10 years old(Motorcycles are a different story). This has a benefit of previous owners selling at a ridiculously low price because they are tired of throwing money at a losing battle. When you are young and grow up poor, you learn how to make something from nothing. Shade tree mechanics are probably the most creative people you could ever meet.

This 2021 Bronco will be my first brand new truck, and the most money I will have spent on one vehicle too.
Anyone else get sick to their stomach plinking down cash on anything more than $5k? I told the wife I might piss/puke/pass out when the check is removed from my hand.

Freezing0K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV (I just like Broncos Ok?)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First, I'm about to be 35 in two weeks, and second, I grew up without money. I have never owned a car/truck newer than 10 years old(Motorcycles are a different story). This has a benefit of previous owners selling at a ridiculously low price because they are tired of throwing money at a losing battle. When you are young and grow up poor, you learn how to make something from nothing. Shade tree mechanics are probably the most creative people you could ever meet.

This 2021 Bronco will be my first brand new truck, and the most money I will have spent on one vehicle too.
Anyone else get sick to their stomach plinking down cash on anything more than $5k? I told the wife I might piss/puke/pass out when the check is removed from my hand.
I hope I didn't hurt your feelings haha, I just meant it as a joke, In hindsight I may have been a bit rude ? sorry.

OP
OP
Chuck_Ruck

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings haha, I just meant it as a joke, In hindsight I may have been a bit rude ? sorry.
No blood, no foul. I grew up poor. Cant be mad about stuff you have no control over. But even though I'm not considered "low income" any more, doesnt mean that frugal mindset has gone away. I still seem cheap as hell to my wife at times, but that savings cushion grew enough where we can buy my Badlands for cash.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First Bronco, always wanted an EB, or a Defender 90. Managed a couple Ford Mustangs, first was a 74, current '06. Had a few 4x4 T-100, and currently a 95 2 door Tahoe. Finally hedging in to that 2 door 4x4 goodness in the 2021 Bronco ?

It'll be my first. Older Broncos just got too damn expensive when I finally started having the income to spend on them.
Exactly this, every time I would start earning enough to afford an EB that was more than a rolling rusty parts bin the goal posts would move. Finally got to where I couldn't justify the cost unless it was new, all these years later I'm so close lol.

100% feel you on the new car nausea lol, I'll be 49 by the time mine possibly rolls off the line. Honestly I've never entertained buying new because it's such a loss in value. I was torn getting the '06 Mustang, and that was "only" 16k, will have it 12 years by the time I part with it though so overall not bad. But, mid life crisis is kicking in and I don't want to die before I own a Bronco :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My First Bronco but own a F-150 4x4

CraigB

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first car was a ā€˜74 Bronco. I didnā€™t think I could afford the $1.29 gas and sold it. Bad move.

88B2

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first car was an 88 Bronco II that my dad gave me. Couldnā€™t pass up the opportunity to get another bronco.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you own an older model? Or its smaller sibling the Bronco II?
I had a 1990 Bronco II in high school, it was probably my favorite vehicle I ever owned. Can't ever find another one in decent condition. Image isnt mine, but it looks just like mine did.

Ford Bronco Your first Bronco, or repeat offender? FB_IMG_1611333862430
My brother had an identical Bronco II in Ford Blue. We were big time Bigfoot monster truck fans, still are actually! This will be my first Bronco, so I went with Velocity Blue to sort of pay respects in a way to his old Bronco. That thing was driven HARD and didn't break a sweat. I shall drive mine in the same manner!
Sponsored