Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a way to have your AUX lights come on when you turn on the Ford Pass "zone lighting" in the app?

For example, if I want my light bar to come on with "all zones" activated, can I do this somehow? I tried it tonight by leaving the AUX switch activated, but it didn't turn on the lights when I activated Zone Lighting. I tried various AUX switches and lights, but still nothing.

Am I out of luck, or is there a way? I realize it'd drain my battery faster, but I can combat that by remote starting the Bronco as well.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a way to have your AUX lights come on when you turn on the Ford Pass "zone lighting" in the app?

For example, if I want my light bar to come on with "all zones" activated, can I do this somehow? I tried it tonight by leaving the AUX switch activated, but it didn't turn on the lights when I activated Zone Lighting. I tried various AUX switches JKU and lights, but still nothing.

Am I out of luck, or is there a way? I realize it'd drain my battery faster, but I can combat that by remote starting the Bronco as well.

Thanks!
Aux switches are tied to ignition power which is not active until the start/stop button is pressed. Remote start won’t turn them on….

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aux switches are tied to ignition power which is not active until the start/stop button is pressed. Remote start won’t turn them on….
Dang - Well, looks like I'll just have to leave the vehicle running if I need the extra lighting in the area.

Thank you.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to have AUX switches turn on lights, even when the vehicle is fully off?

Electrical is not my thing at all. I also know this could drain my battery, but I’m not worried about that for the limited time I’d have lights running for.

Just curious if this is possible or not.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there a way to have AUX switches turn on lights, even when the vehicle is fully off?

Electrical is not my thing at all. I also know this could drain my battery, but I’m not worried about that for the limited time I’d have lights running for.

Just curious if this is possible or not.
Anything is possible with the creativity and money to do it...

I'd say yes, thought it may take some additional wiring/rewiring to accomplish this. Is it easy? Not sure...

Adding additional switches is also possible, but they'd be independent of the AUX switches. I have a light bar setup this way (with its own switch, wired to battery).

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything is possible with the creativity and money to do it...

I'd say yes, thought it may take some additional wiring/rewiring to accomplish this. Is it easy? Not sure...

Adding additional switches is also possible, but they'd be independent of the AUX switches. I have a light bar setup this way (with its own switch, wired to battery).
Hmm… I have my ARB compressor under the hood on a separate rocker switch, connected to the battery. Maybe doing something separately on its own switch is the way to go - Thanks!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm… I have my ARB compressor under the hood on a separate rocker switch, connected to the battery. Maybe doing something separately on its own switch is the way to go - Thanks!
If you don't mind drilling into your plastic panels... I recommend a nifty place for a switch. It's in the recessed space above the parking brake. That's where I put mine. I'll take a picture and share tomorrow when I get a chance. It's actually a 2 pole switch so technically can control 2 items. In my case, it's the main light bar (white light) and the RGB part of that same light bar.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would imagine there's SOMETHING in FORSCAN that can be used for this. The Aux switches being tied to ignition is only because it's programmed that way.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't mind drilling into your plastic panels... I recommend a nifty place for a switch. It's in the recessed space above the parking brake. That's where I put mine. I'll take a picture and share tomorrow when I get a chance. It's actually a 2 pole switch so technically can control 2 items. In my case, it's the main light bar (white light) and the RGB part of that same light bar.
A picture would be great - thank you!

I would imagine there's SOMETHING in FORSCAN that can be used for this. The Aux switches being tied to ignition is only because it's programmed that way.
That’d be even better - then I don’t need to re-wire anything. Any FORSCAN experts out there? @Ducati1098 - you’re pretty smart. Is this possible?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’d be even better - then I don’t need to re-wire anything. Any FORSCAN experts out there? @Ducati1098 - you’re pretty smart. Is this possible?
Unfortunately I don’t think any method of forscan is a possibility, at least not that I’m aware of.
The aux switches receive power from the accessory delay relay in the BCM. I highly doubt there would be any forscan programming option to power the switches at all times as this relay also sends power to other interior things when energized.

You would need supply power to the switches your own way instead of using the accessory delay relay.

(I think this would work, but hard to say for sure without actually trying it)
The easiest way would be to remove the pin on the aux switch side of connector C206, before it splits off to the feed the switch pack, and splice in your own fused power circuit straight from the battery.

Ford Bronco Zone Lighting + AUX Lighting ? IMG_2590
Ford Bronco Zone Lighting + AUX Lighting ? IMG_2594
Sponsored