Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't really crank the music up in the Bronco so I don't really want to put an amp in it. I put Hertz components powered by an Arc Audio amp on my Harley since I have to overcome the road noise to hear it. If I enjoyed taking the top off I might look at an amp.

I might replace the speakers eventually. I did in my ranger an all it really did was allow me to crank it up more before it distorted. I may look for some 2 Ohm speakers to see if they respond to the stock system a little better without adding an amp.
An Amp isn't all about making it louder, especially when you upgrade the speakers.

Without the amp, aftermarket speakers will tend to sound tinny because they can't get enough power to reproduce the sound well. They will still get "loud", but it will be like trying to hear the loudspeakers in a stadium and not like listening to a hi-fi stereo system. Power gives the speakers enough range to be able to make the sounds distinct and legible through all the wind / road noise, and especially topless, without needing to be overly "loud".

Aftermarket speakers tend to start at 50W rating, and work their way upward from there (and it isn't about producing decibels, it's about having the power to accurately produce the range and distinction between various sounds). The factory head units are usually rated for about 15-20W max.

It's all your preference though - and if you are ok without it, more power to you.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
An Amp isn't all about making it louder, especially when you upgrade the speakers.

Without the amp, aftermarket speakers will tend to sound tinny because they can't get enough power to reproduce the sound well. They will still get "loud", but it will be like trying to hear the loudspeakers in a stadium and not like listening to a hi-fi stereo system. Power gives the speakers enough range to be able to make the sounds distinct and legible through all the wind / road noise, and especially topless, without needing to be overly "loud".

Aftermarket speakers tend to start at 50W rating, and work their way upward from there (and it isn't about producing decibels, it's about having the power to accurately produce the range and distinction between various sounds). The factory head units are usually rated for about 15-20W max.

It's all your preference though - and if you are ok without it, more power to you.
I tend to treat lightly on some mods. Now if someone trades in a Bronco an sells their amp at a deal on here I might revise my thoughts an go for it. There's other stuff I want ahead of this, that's all.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed Mabett pods over the summer. Just noticed they are loose now. Anyone else have them loosen up?

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed Mabett pods over the summer. Just noticed they are loose now. Anyone else have them loosen up?
Try some lock tight this time.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Try some lock tight this time.
yup thanks..added the orange gel version to the side bolts but the tops are a pain because the MIC is on...I just tightened for now but I guess if it happens again I'll pull the bolts and try to add some there too. surprised how loose they were.

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
yup thanks..added the orange gel version to the side bolts but the tops are a pain because the MIC is on...I just tightened for now but I guess if it happens again I'll pull the bolts and try to add some there too. surprised how loose they were.
No problem...I ordered a set for mine and will use some lock tight when I put them in because you said yours were loose. Thanks for the heads up!

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No problem...I ordered a set for mine and will use some lock tight when I put them in because you said yours were loose. Thanks for the heads up!
First time I saw the gel version..much nicer to use!

OP
OP

Pask2155

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For all who care… I did the EQ to flat and the rears to speaker and speaker tweeter…

end of the day… the front and overall sound IS impacted by all of this and the overall sound is TERRIBLE! So I’m reverting back to stock and now I have expensive speakers that really do nothing. Lol

I suppose the next step would be to get the kicker key?!?!? Or just deal with crappy sound.
Sponsored