Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will give them more credit than that.... There are some pretty experienced drivers at the Off Rodeo. They do have to toe the company line though if they want to keep their job.... Which in my opinion would be a pretty sweet set up.... I would toe the company line to keep that job.

"taking mechanical advice from the parts guy at Napa"... I mean come on, that is pretty rough.... 😆
Lol better than using AutoZone as a reference I guess lol. Our local NAPA still has a small machine shop in the back.
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lol better than using AutoZone as a reference I guess lol. Our local NAPA still has a small machine shop in the back.
Good point....

I remember the days of the independent parts stores when they were run by the guys that built and raced.... And yes most had a machine shop in the back.... They would do a valve grind or a bore right there.... Now the guy at the counter is often the guy that was selling you sunglasses last week.... There are a few exceptions but they are hard to locate.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree the snarky comments are not necessary. I’m also glad Snack is testing the limits on these parts, and I have a non-SAS Black Diamond on order. It’s nice to learn whats what from someone’s real-world experience not just internet speculation. Those of us who aren’t made of money and actually work on their own stuff can upgrade a little at a time.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will give them more credit than that.... There are some pretty experienced drivers at the Off Rodeo. They do have to toe the company line though if they want to keep their job.... Which in my opinion would be a pretty sweet set up.... I would toe the company line to keep that job.

"taking mechanical advice from the parts guy at Napa"... I mean come on, that is pretty rough.... 😆

You should see some of the Napa employees around here. :rolleyes:

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the 190 the front diff?
Does that mean that the gears stripped out in the front diff?

Thanks!

Wild Video! Glad you didn't get hurt, and congrats on finishing in 2WD.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is the 190 the front diff?
Does that mean that the gears stripped out in the front diff?

Thanks!

Wild Video! Glad you didn't get hurt, and congrats on finishing in 2WD.
Actually he broke both left and right axles.... And yes the M190 is the front drive unit..... The housing, deferential gears, Axles, the whole unit..... the CVs are a part of that. The Axles that broke are the solid bars that are inside the housing.

If you listen to the reverberating "poing" sound.... (that is how I describe it ....obviously)...

To me it sounds like a bar in torsion giving way/failing.... then vibrating after the torsion is released. Easy for me to say that after the fact of pics being posted... But that is actually what I thought when I heard that in the video.... I was not quick enough to think of axles before I saw the pic.... I can be a little slow and methodical sometimes.... Okay all the time. ;)

Last edited:

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Holy shit dude... that was pucker factor 5 sulu on the slide back..... good on you from keeping it off its lid..

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was 2 footing it coming off the brake and onto the throttle. Then bang, some intense steering and both feet on the brakes(grew up driving a 63 Studebaker so it's a natural panic move). Listen to the noise as I was in drive and it sounded like I went into park. Not sure what is actually broken as it's dark and I have a few Dos Equis in the blood stream. Made it off the trail in 2wd without a tug! Didn't realize it made the noise till I watched the video while we had
I’m happy you’re safe. And I know the Snack Bronco will return better than ever.

How were the tacos?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do people not go to Off Roadeo or do they just ignore everything the instructors say?
We ignore everything the instructors say...

To be honest, my instructor said, "dude, sorry that there's nothing for you here, you're way beyond anything we're teaching today". Although I still picked up a few things.

Thankfully, I was there so my girlfriend would learn stuff. The Off-roadeo is a great opportunity for newbies but it's seriously not for anyone who has any previous experience/training.

The instructors at Off-roadeo weren't the problem, they were great, but had to stick to the curriculum (mostly). My instructor had a lot more experience to offer, but liked having a job.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get some of these responses.... Snark, sarcasm what ever... Snack deserves some of that, he dishes it out too....

But a couple of these responses obviously do not know Snack..... He is going to take things to the limit and when they break he will replace it.... And now we all benefit by knowing how far equipment can go before it breaks.

If you have not followed Snack... That 190 has gone a long way. Pretty impressive to me.

Asking for it??? I guess. I think, more than anything, testing it's limits. At least that is my take on Snack.... That is a neat group that rolls together.... Impressive knowledge base with that group.

I have been reading a lot of posts.... That group has my respect. Not because of the wheeling but because of the developed and acquired Knowledge.
Not snark, for me, more like, "tell us more!" I learn more from the more experienced crawlers if I know more about the upgrades and the tires, etc, especially since most of the failures come from upgrades which can make the OEM parts the weakest link. Sharimg the "aquired knowledge!"

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not snark, for me, more like, "tell us more!" I learn more from the more experienced crawlers if I know more about the upgrades and the tires, etc, especially since most of the failures come from upgrades which can make the OEM parts the weakest link. Sharimg the "aquired knowledge!"
John,
you asked questions... That seems appropriate....

My snark comment is If I said I am going to 40 inch tires..... There is always someone that will come into the conversation and say "but you will break a tie rod kid".... without asking "so I know the steering is a weak link, are you not concerned? have you addressed it? if so how?"

You are right... Ask questions... That is how we all learn. I spend a lot of time just reading the conversations between these guys..... I learn from that as well. Hell, I even learn what questions to ask.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do people not go to Off Roadeo or do they just ignore everything the instructors say?
Our Moab Off Roadeo instructor said he wouldn’t do any of the optional obstacles on Hell’s. Not very adventurous over there (at least while in the official capacity as an instructor). None of the obstacles in the course are very difficult.

Off Roadeo is designed to give introductory instruction to offroading and familiarize participants with the features and capabilities of the Bronco. All of the drivers in our group (my wife was driving) were new to off-road driving.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Moab Off Roadeo instructor said he wouldn’t do any of the optional obstacles on Hell’s. Not very adventurous over there (at least while in the official capacity as an instructor). None of the obstacles in the course are very difficult.

Off Roadeo is designed to give introductory instruction to offroading and familiarize participants with the features and capabilities of the Bronco. All of the drivers in our group (my wife was driving) were new to off-road driving.
Did a blue tour at Merus in September and talked the guide into taking us on the harder blues/easier blacks (more like yellows or reds, 7/10ish). Personally crushed my plates on a black.

Then on the way back, hey let's take Middle Earth backwards! Then a Braptor flipped and our day was over after we fished them out and helped the guide flip it over and drive out.

The Off Roadeo is not for putting yourself in difficult circumstances, it's for learning basics and how to use your Bronco.

Let's never forget, you can get hurt or even killed, sometimes just barely missing the drop, driving onto a small ledge, tilting then flipping because the tires going the other way have washed out the surface and it drops another foot or so. As it happened to the Braptor. 💩 happens.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands