Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Broncos, F250, E350, D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see the crawler. 😁

BTW looks like they just bend up some tube and welded it to the OEM rock sliders. Kinda like what @Tricky Dick did with his.
I tried to post, not sure if it worked I’m not good at this stuff
If this works well for you as a step but looks this minimal PLEASE share details. I love the look.
it was a custom build.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The body mounts are actually pretty impressive. Like I said I’m not going to hammer it on the rocks. I have other toys for that

D9D59D11-3322-4F31-89E3-819FCEAB2147.jpeg

7B91351D-1EE5-486F-B495-FFE925FFFE0E.jpeg

Nice!!! (y)(y) KOH 23 less than three weeks away. 😁

Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders 1673225516151

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are in Hammertown stop by the 4WP race semi and say hi, ask for Carey

Sorry, East Coaster here. Not gonna' make KOH but I will be watching my Ultra4 premium feed on the big screen. 😁

I did see that the Ultra4 schedule brings them to Pottsville Pa this year. Trying to make it to that race but some events have come up lately making it a bit harder. But I am trying.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ve been dwelling on what to do also once my BL shows… thinking similar “extension” to BL factory rails and plating the tubing in to keep mud off doors, rockers and also give a step into rig. Would think the tube extensions would also protect doors from damage.

I’m not a big fan of mud flaps so this type of extension and plate would eliminate that need.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love those but they aren't aluminum and they don't fit with the rock rails. I REALLY like the look of the factory rock rails.
I mainly got them for the occasional rock, or tree trunk slip on the trail. And parking lot door ding-bats! And they make a good step

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are these holding up? Couldn't get the stock rails on my Wildtrak but seeing OEM take off's going for $100 locally. Going to do the same for the errant stump/branch/rock. I have my Tacoma for the really dumb shit but this will get me by for a year or two till I get Metal Techs.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice for what you need. I don't have the same skills or I would love to fab up my parts.

With sliders, I do look for the following:
How HD is it for bashing on rocks as I spend much time there
Can it double as a step
Does it stick out just far enough to keep door dings off it if it happens to be in a parking lot

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are these holding up? Couldn't get the stock rails on my Wildtrak but seeing OEM take off's going for $100 locally. Going to do the same for the errant stump/branch/rock. I have my Tacoma for the really dumb shit but this will get me by for a year or two till I get Metal Techs.
I did the same sometime in the last year or two. Been a while.
Held up fine.
Function as a "Step"? Mostly. Better than no step or ones that clamp on and hang down a lot.
Function as a slider? Yes. I've had the weight of the Bronco on them.
Function as a "pivot off O' that yonder tree?" Affirmative.
Function as a "Dangit, Bobby I slid off of that ledge and hit the slider on a rock."? Yessir.

YMMV. I do not trust them for high speed crashing, pivoting around Redwoods at 50mph, or anything else that may be or viewed as illegal in 39 states.
But for a slider/step/door-ding stopper-getter? A-ok.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very nice for what you need. I don't have the same skills or I would love to fab up my parts.

With sliders, I do look for the following:
How HD is it for bashing on rocks as I spend much time there
Can it double as a step
Does it stick out just far enough to keep door dings off it if it happens to be in a parking lot
Yeah I have a hard time trusting anything body mounted to be honest. I know a lot of other companies sell theirs similar to the ford setup and stick with the OEM mounting locations but I have seen my welded on sliders on my other truck flex enough to contact my pinch weld over time with just it getting beat on, I can't imagine something slowly tearing at the body. Also IMO good rock sliders will angle up to protect higher on the sill too without blocking the door. Also ideally a kickout would be at the end to pop whatever you are sliding against enough so your tire can also go in line with the slider path.

I did the same sometime in the last year or two. Been a while.
Held up fine.
Function as a "Step"? Mostly. Better than no step or ones that clamp on and hang down a lot.
Function as a slider? Yes. I've had the weight of the Bronco on them.
Function as a "pivot off O' that yonder tree?" Affirmative.
Function as a "Dangit, Bobby I slid off of that ledge and hit the slider on a rock."? Yessir.

YMMV. I do not trust them for high speed crashing, pivoting around Redwoods at 50mph, or anything else that may be or viewed as illegal in 39 states.
But for a slider/step/door-ding stopper-getter? A-ok.
Great to know. Got any pics of how far you came out with the tube? I am probably going to copy Tricky Dicks setup like below:

Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders 277437017_4951674794914507_842166361458727718_n

But obviously 2 steps vs 1 and maybe a single connector in the middle as well like @#1Broncogirl did. I have spare 3/16 sheet laying around so I just need a stick of tube and some dimple dies and I'm looking at a set of sliders for $300 all in. Things I am taking into consideration of course are I doubt Ford had engineered these mounts to deal with the extra leverage bumping this slider out will cause so I likely won't be pivoting off these often. But if it saves a rocker from a drop off I may not have seen or just makes me feel better about taking this truck into rockier stuff I think I'll be happy with it. Plus anytime I bust out the welder I am enjoying myself.

I def won't be doing this kinda stuff that I do with the Tacoma with these:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to know. Got any pics of how far you came out with the tube? I am probably going to copy Tricky Dicks setup like below:

277437017_4951674794914507_842166361458727718_n.jpg
I pretty much did what Tricky did.
Mine are angled down ever so slightly.
Enough that you can tell it when stepping on it with slick shoes in mud.
In retrospect I should have angled up.

I bought a set of 4dr weld on tubes for a JK and made my own dimple die plates, welded everything on, epoxy primer and Raptor Liner.
pretty pleased so far. They’ve done their job and when they no longer do I’ll fab up something heavier duty.

Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders IMG_6093

Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders IMG_8599

Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders IMG_6836

Last edited:

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mainly got them for the occasional rock, or tree trunk slip on the trail. And parking lot door ding-bats! And they make a good step
This was my same thinking when I made these up
Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders 20230825_153441
Ford Bronco Fabricated own rock sliders 20230825_153454

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I pretty much did what Tricky did.
Mine are angled down ever so slightly.
Enough that you can tell it when stepping on it with slick shoes in mud.
In retrospect I should have angled up.

I bought a set of 4dr weld on tubes for a JK and made my own dimple die plates, welded everything on, epoxy primer and Raptor Liner.
pretty pleased so far. They’ve done their job and when they no longer do I’ll fab up something heavier duty.

Got a link to the tube? Would be easier for me to just get it and not hit up my buddy with a bender, but if it's more than like $200 I might as well just go buy the stick. That's exactly how I'll be doing it too but with two separate steps.
Sponsored