Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right along with phones, city cameras, city bus's, cop cars, your home security system as well as your neighbors. If you exist, people with money always know what you are doing. Not saying I agree with nor like it, but it's true.
The new Ford insurance system even requires your vehicle be connected at all times with the onboard tech built into the cars, or the OBD dongle if its not connected. I'm glad I switched off it a few years ago when they wanted to inspect my the Montero I bought (used) when I was honest and told them there was a dent on the plastic bumper cover, even though the cost was insanely low for full coverage on a brand new Focus ST when I bought it. Like 600/year cheap.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As I said in the thread I started yesterday

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-do-we-turn-off-data-sharing.90084/page-2#post-2180009

I don't give a rats ass about privacy, unless you move to North Dakota to live off grid you have none. I do care about my pocketbook. Ford, GM, and others have exhibited exceedingly poor judgement in selling information about their customers that gives them minimal financial upside but costs them years of trust. They could have had my driving data to train software for improved fly by wire controls or future autonomous driving. Now they will never get another bit out of me.

F@@k you, Ford.

This is one of those rare occasions where being a resident of CA has tangible benefits. You get to completely opt out of future data collection and can force them to delete whatever data they have on you.

Last edited:

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Boy, they'll share your info with their clients IMMEDIATELY, but if you want that info .... snail mail.

I'm glad 35's on a vehicle that thinks it's on 30's makes it think I drive really slowly!

WOW , LOOK, He NEVER exceeds the posted speed limit!!!

LOL! :devilish:
But wait, I gets better. You have to FAX the other guys

https://fcra.verisk.com/#/

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have to opt in to share that stuff.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly from what Iā€™ve read I would prefer this. Itā€™s opt in to share and it solves one of my biggest issues with all these ā€œdrive safe and saveā€ programs that insurance companies are doing which is they require unfettered access to way too much phone data.

Granted, I probably still wonā€™t opt in because my driving style, while it *knock on wood* hasnā€™t caused any accidents, is not what they consider ideal for discounts. :cool:

Honestly the data sharing that irks me more than anything is how all the maintenance shops and dealers share/sell the info gathered whenever they work on your car.

Sponsored

bronco_tim

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting article in the news today about how much data your car is sending to data brokers and how that is used for insurance and tracking (not specific to Bronco). You can check the info for your vehicle here: https://vehicleprivacyreport.com.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
this shouldnt be a shock to anyone...nearly all connected devices send data, listen in to conversations, watch your browsing and shopping habits..it's the world we live in. Read the "terms and conditions"...this website is also likely gathering data.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Who cares šŸ¤£. 21st century. All the automakers are doing it
Sponsored