Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do we have any idea what kind of of HP/TQ gains this would give, if they decide to produce it?

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not at the moment. I just spoke with Ford Performance and it's still in testing/development.

Once I have some better news I'll be sure to share it with the group.

Thanks!
If it’s in testing and development, I assume they have decided to move forward with it unless there are unexpected issues that arise. Is that correct?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it’s in testing and development, I assume they have decided to move forward with it unless there are unexpected issues that arise. Is that correct?
I don't think there was ever a moment where they scrapped the program. It's been in the works since I spoke with them back at PRI last year. It's possible that someone spoke to a rep on the Ford Performance tech line that wasn't fully aware of what was going on and got the incorrect info on it.

With that said it's still in process and I'll update you guys with any other info I receive on it.

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Called ford performance and was told the engineersare spending their time working the dark horse mustang, bronco is at the bottom of the list.....

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You would think that they would be so embarrassed about how poorly the Sport mode downshifts that they would have fixing it near the top of their list.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it’s all relative. The downshifts in the BRaptor remind me of my old 997s in Sport Plus mode. Very aggressive downshifts with corresponding blips of the throttle for rev match. Yes, they are aggressive but to me that’s provides a clear difference in using Sport Mode. For anyone that hasn’t driven a high-performance car with similar Sport+ modes then it probably feels unrefined.

Having said that, I’ll still be first in line if/when ProCal for BRaptor/3.0 is made available. Because POWER.

Sponsored

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it’s all relative. The downshifts in the BRaptor remind me of my old 997s in Sport Plus mode. Very aggressive downshifts with corresponding blips of the throttle for rev match. Yes, they are aggressive but to me that’s provides a clear difference in using Sport Mode. For anyone that hasn’t driven a high-performance car with similar Sport+ modes then it probably feels unrefined.

Having said that, I’ll still be first in line if/when ProCal for BRaptor/3.0 is made available. Because POWER.
Great analogy and spot on. It IS very reminiscent of my old 997 4S in sport plus.

I've never found it to be an issue either. I like that its got some teeth and you know its different.

Also in for more power.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I’ve been driving BMW M Performance vehicles for over a decade, they know how to program downshifts and rev matches. This Ford shit is amateur hour. A very large swing and miss. Hard to believe that anyone is defending this and it is not how a correctly mapped engine acts like.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve been driving BMW M Performance vehicles for over a decade, they know how to program downshifts and rev matches. This Ford shit is amateur hour. A very large swing and miss. Hard to believe that anyone is defending this and it is not how a correctly mapped engine acts like.
Agree to disagree. Comparing BMW M to Porsche PDK isn't exactly Apples & Oranges.

I've owned a 2013 e90 M3 w DCT and a 2018 BMW f85 X5M as well as a 2009 911 C2S PDK (launch version), 2010 Panamera S and 2011 911 C4S PDK. Without stealing this thread to debate BMW M DCT v Porsche PDK I'd just say the two are not comparable.

Also note that I specifically called out Porsche Sport+ and not just Sport. Sport+ has VERY aggressive downshifts and rev matching, which is how I perceive the BRaptor Sport mode. It might be too much for most people to use in regular driving but I kind of think that's the point: a very specific and very aggressive driving experience. So specific in fact that I rarely use it as my driving tends to become too aggressive when I put it in Sport.

Instead of remapping the Sport mode I'd be interested in Ford adding some options for individual programming that help bridge the gap between Normal and Sport. Or maybe even create an additional mode to get a Sport/Sport+ option. Items such as Throttle and Downshift options besides the exhaust, steering and suspension options. Don't mute the current Sport mode for those of us that enjoy that overly aggressive experience from time to time but also give us something that can be used on a more frequent basis.

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agree to disagree. Comparing BMW M to Porsche PDK isn't exactly Apples & Oranges.

I've owned a 2013 e90 M3 w DCT and a 2018 BMW f85 X5M as well as a 2009 911 C2S PDK (launch version), 2010 Panamera S and 2011 911 C4S PDK. Without stealing this thread to debate BMW M DCT v Porsche PDK I'd just say the two are not comparable.

Also note that I specifically called out Porsche Sport+ and not just Sport. Sport+ has VERY aggressive downshifts and rev matching, which is how I perceive the BRaptor Sport mode. It might be too much for most people to use in regular driving but I kind of think that's the point: a very specific and very aggressive driving experience. So specific in fact that I rarely use it as my driving tends to become too aggressive when I put it in Sport.

Instead of remapping the Sport mode I'd be interested in Ford adding some options for individual programming that help bridge the gap between Normal and Sport. Or maybe even create an additional mode to get a Sport/Sport+ option. Items such as Throttle and Downshift options besides the exhaust, steering and suspension options. Don't mute the current Sport mode for those of us that enjoy that overly aggressive experience from time to time but also give us something that can be used on a more frequent basis.
Agreed! To each there own and let everyone have what they want with some more individual options on transmission/throttle.

I like a lil stupid baja feel to my sport plus mode for the road. I don't always want silky changes that numb it all, I want to feel nice and special with some hard changes.

So let's have some more config options for everyone added with the eventual FP Tune. Maybe even give us the option at the tune front to select different mappings if they don't/can't add it in OTA style.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Add me to the (prior) M-DCT and (current) PDK owners club. Great tastes guys, continuing here with the Bronco Raptor ;). I think they are comparable but the Porsche has somewhat better software and better auto modes (it's really all about the software in such transmissions).

I've not yet driven a Bronco Raptor, so I'm anxious to see/feel it, including this often complained about shift.

The transmission likely has the hardware capability to shift faster than the 2017-ish Porsche PDK (as I posted about here on this forum).
Sponsored