cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've yet to see the 5.0 swap completed, the OP has had plenty of time to finish.
Last I heard this swap was abandoned because it is not physically possible to fit the Coyote into the Bronco frame, at least not without serious frame modifications because the coyote is too long. However, the Bronco DR has the coyote so who knows? I haven't followed it much, but since the DR isn't street legal Ford doesn't have to conform to federal safety standards with crumple zones and whatnot.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last I heard this swap was abandoned because it is not physically possible to fit the Coyote into the Bronco frame, at least not without serious frame modifications because the coyote is too long. However, the Bronco DR has the coyote so who knows? I haven't followed it much, but since the DR isn't street legal Ford doesn't have to conform to federal safety standards with crumple zones and whatnot.
Where did you see they officially gave up, they pretty much just disappeared on all their social media pages. Last video they posted was Dec of 2022

Last edited:

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you see they officially gave up, they pretty much just disappeared on all their social media pages. Last video they posted was Dec of 2022
I heard that somewhere on this forum ;)

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have many ideas, but no $$$ to test or do. I need a sponsor. ;)
All I can currently upgrade to is a slotted, self cooling hamster wheel with hamster. LOL

71+wR1QcaAL.jpg

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont want to sound like a debbie downer, but I dont think the real hurdle with any of these swaps is the fitment in the body and the frame. Sure that takes work, but if thats all it was, it would have been done by now.

The problem is integration of the electronics, and assuming the OEM wont hand out solutions/files/cals (why would they) there's really only a handful of groups in the world that could get everything running happy, and they won't do it cheap.

Its really hard to just force a swap with something like a crate motor too, sure the motor will be happy to run on its own, but now your brakes and steering will be throwing a fit forever. Only way to run a crate motor is with some smart can box that can translate or spoof all the signals the vehicle needs to be happy.

I know Roush is one of those groups that can pull this off, but I havent heard back from them, they probably want to hear from established customers or businesses rather than a random enthusiast.

AGTengineering (Australia) thinks they can do it for $$$ but admit its unfeasible for a one-off

Ive sent messages to a few others to investigate but havent heard back. I've been looking into diesel swaps, but the problem is the same, getting the PCM to send and receive the right signals with all the OEM vehicle modules.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont want to sound like a debbie downer, but I dont think the real hurdle with any of these swaps is the fitment in the body and the frame. Sure that takes work, but if thats all it was, it would have been done by now.

The problem is integration of the electronics, and assuming the OEM wont hand out solutions/files/cals (why would they) there's really only a handful of groups in the world that could get everything running happy, and they won't do it cheap.

Its really hard to just force a swap with something like a crate motor too, sure the motor will be happy to run on its own, but now your brakes and steering will be throwing a fit forever. Only way to run a crate motor is with some smart can box that can translate or spoof all the signals the vehicle needs to be happy.

I know Roush is one of those groups that can pull this off, but I havent heard back from them, they probably want to hear from established customers or businesses rather than a random enthusiast.

AGTengineering (Australia) thinks they can do it for $$$ but admit its unfeasible for a one-off

Ive sent messages to a few others to investigate but havent heard back. I've been looking into diesel swaps, but the problem is the same, getting the PCM to send and receive the right signals with all the OEM vehicle modules.
That's pretty much what I have heard/read/learned. When it comes to swapping a modern engine into a modern vehicle(especially Ford for some reason) getting ALL the electronics to work the way they are supposed to is the big issue. It's not like back in the day where if it fits it works. Will someone eventually get it done, I am sure.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's pretty much what I have heard/read/learned. When it comes to swapping a modern engine into a modern vehicle(especially Ford for some reason) getting ALL the electronics to work the way they are supposed to is the big issue. It's not like back in the day where if it fits it works. Will someone eventually get it done, I am sure.
The question is what is the most effective way to expedite this inevitability?

i'd love to find a partner that can essentially guarantee a solution, provided they have time and access to a Bronco. Could a large enough group of us throw deposits together to get a specialty shop a dedicated swap/troubleshooting Bronco?

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question is what is the most effective way to expedite this inevitability?

i'd love to find a partner that can essentially guarantee a solution, provided they have time and access to a Bronco. Could a large enough group of us throw deposits together to get a specialty shop a dedicated swap/troubleshooting Bronco?
Think America's Most Wanted 4x4 would ever venture outside of Jeep? They've been doing successful swaps for over a decade. If anyone could do it right, I would bet it'd be them.
Sponsored