Sponsored

D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating?

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order the Base (sweet build) Worry about accessories later. Keep the Stang. Sub out the electrical and plumbing for the kitchen remodel, do your own drywall, Instal the cabinets and trim carpentry yourself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Order the Base (sweet build) Worry about accessories later. Keep the Stang. Sub out the electrical and plumbing for the kitchen remodel, do your own drywall, Instal the cabinets and trim carpentry yourself.
Wow! You solved all of my problems in less characters than a tweet. Thanks!

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll potentially save you some more moola.
I recently learned that there is paint designed specifically for cabinets. It kind of bonds with the surface. So if your cabinets are a nice style, repaint, add new hardware and pocket the difference in both moola and time.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no way I would trade in a paid off car to go into debt for another. I could easily shave a big chunk off my order from trading in a very low mileage car I just paid off a year early but there is no way in hell I would do it.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You win the "answered the question completely" award, and I like how you did it with such certainty. Sincerely, this is not a knock. ;)

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll potentially save you some more moola.
I recently learned that there is paint designed specifically for cabinets. It kind of bonds with the surface. So if your cabinets are a nice style, repaint, add new hardware and pocket the difference in both moola and time.
What paint? I worked in residential for 20 years but have since shifted away from that side of the business. My wife desperately wants me to paint our beautifully lacquer finished stained cabinets something like gray but I didn't want to have to prime and run all that oil if I don't have to but still want a smooth finish.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This has been pure torture lol. The way the packages and interiors are designed is sooo frustrating. I originally ordered a 2 dr, badlands, high package, 2.7, auto, I finally just made my final decision and changed to 2 dr black diamond, mid, SAS, 2.7, auto, hitch.

I decided I really didnt need the big screen. The way its designed the space is wasted anyway. I did not like the orange interior, no need for disco sway bar and I would rather have sport mode than Baja. Of course it also means no sig headlights but hoping after market figures something out and will probably swap for a badlands grill.

Overall this will be WAY more vehicle than i need but thought it might be better to just have the factory SAS over putting together bits and pieces aftermarket.

Also just sold me truck today on Vroom for a pretty penny so time to start banking that down payment And hope i get it this summer sometime.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You win the "answered the question completely" award, and I like how you did it with such certainty. Sincerely, this is not a knock. ;)
Hopefully the walls are square, plumb, and flat (i.e. plane in the horizontal). ;)

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought the hard top on the base delayed it anyway... but I’m usually wrong... so

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no way I would trade in a paid off car to go into debt for another. I could easily shave a big chunk off my order from trading in a very low mileage car I just paid off a year early but there is no way in hell I would do it.
My Mustang is worth $17K... which means my loan would only be about $15K if I sold it and used the money on the Bronco. Financially, it makes sense. But emotionally, not sure about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thought the hard top on the base delayed it anyway... but I’m usually wrong... so
MIC Hard Top (Grey) is all you can get for 2021, at least on a Base Bronco.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was set on getting a Base Bronco, 2-Door, Manual Transmission, Anti-Matter Blue with the switches (see pictures). I got my reservation the night of the reveal.

I am treating this deadline like Tax Day (April 15th) because I wonder:

1. Should I get the roof rack in my order, or wait, so I can use FP Rewards Points on it? Also, maybe they don't have the roof racks ready for my build (which may delay the build)? Will roof racks be more expensive as an accessory later?
2. Should I get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top for $500? That seems expensive. Should I do it on my own? That seems like a pain to figure out.
3. Am I too cheap to get anything else? Should I do B&P a bit more and "upsell myself" on something else? What would that be?
4. Will I be able to give up my 2016 Mustang that I love and paid off? Can I keep it? What about the re-doing the kitchen? Where will the money come from for all this?

Any advice would be appreciated, and if you are procrastinating, please let me know why, so I know that I am not alone.

Canoe Front.png

Bronco No Doors Roof.png
That headliner will add only 5 or 6 dollars a month to your payment, depending on how long your loan is
Do you perpetually trade in cars before they're paid off?

My car has been paid off for some 5 years now (its a 2011). It's getting up there in age. And it also smells. I might need to change the filter lol. But unless I go grab a used sub $10k car, I can't avoid a new car payment

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Mustang is worth $17K... which means my loan would only be about $15K if I sold it and used the money on the Bronco. Financially, it makes sense. But emotionally, not sure about it.
Do you wanna go fast, or do you wanna go offroad?

Or both?

I think the answer to those questions can help you there on the trade/keep Mustang question

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What paint? I worked in residential for 20 years but have since shifted away from that side of the business. My wife desperately wants me to paint our beautifully lacquer finished stained cabinets something like gray but I didn't want to have to prime and run all that oil if I don't have to but still want a smooth finish.
Should be available at Home Depot
Ford Bronco D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating? 1615819612927

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the headliner on my buildout until I saw the photos of it posted, which IMO didn't look like it was worth getting. I removed it and plan to order from Hotheads as soon as they're able to produce one for the Bronco.
Is the sound deadening headliner only for the MIC top or can it be added to the MOD top as well?? I thought it was MIC only but now I'm second guessing myself
Sponsored