Sponsored

D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The MOD top should come with sound deadening
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the Model be changed before production begins after the order has been submitted?
Technically you can change until they have created the VIN. But a smart dealer would not tell you that. You've seen how paralyzed some people are with being able to design their own and making 600 iterations. It got to be a giant PITA for a dealer to make a change after the order is submitted.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no way I would trade in a paid off car to go into debt for another. I could easily shave a big chunk off my order from trading in a very low mileage car I just paid off a year early but there is no way in hell I would do it.
I'm in this situation too. I'm trying to find a way to keep my 2013 F150 and get the Bronco.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FORD PRESS RELEASE, March 19, 2021

Due to overwhelming demand Ford is extending the Bronco ordering deadline until April 1, 2021.
Not funny.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the sound deadening headliner only for the MIC top or can it be added to the MOD top as well?? I thought it was MIC only but now I'm second guessing myself
The MOD top should come with sound deadening
Yeah its on my order sheet. Both shiny top and the headliner with it

Ford Bronco D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating? Screenshot_20210315-105457_OneDrive

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you have a good credit rating and sufficiently funded (i.e. make a decent living), money is dirt cheap right now, there's no reason to shy away from a car loan. Not sure what the issue is.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically you can change until they have created the VIN. But a smart dealer would not tell you that. You've seen how paralyzed some people are with being able to design their own and making 600 iterations. It got to be a giant PITA for a dealer to make a change after the order is submitted.
Also, I would expect the more significant the change (i.e. trim level changes), the more churn in the actual build scheduling. After being given an estimated production/delivery time in May, I wouldn't expect to get to keep that estimated delivery time no matter what changes I make to the order. I have no connection to the auto industry, but I have worked in planning and scheduling maintenance for a very large refinery. Every resource (people, equipment, materials) is allocated and load balanced to make the most use of said resources. This is precisely what Ford is doing by gathering all of our orders up to March 15th, to plug those variables into the equation. Once estimated deliveries are given, that is all based on original orders at the time of the snapshot. Change your order, expect the algorithm to churn out an altered delivery time. And I wouldn't expect to be updated in real time what that new delivery time is. They aren't going to rerun all the numbers because you changed color choice, you just won't know what impact your change made.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received this email from Ford for my 2nd reservation. I already have an order in for reservation #1. Just letting reservation #2 sit around.

It’s time to order.
To say we’re excited would be an understatement. Like you, we CAN’T WAIT to see Bronco™ SUVs hitting the trails soon. If you haven’t already placed your order, please contact your dealer to convert your Bronco Badlands 2 Door reservation into an order soon. Don’t wait! To secure your estimated delivery window in May, your order must be finalized by Ma‍rch 1‍9.​

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you wanna go fast, or do you wanna go offroad?

Or both?

I think the answer to those questions can help you there on the trade/keep Mustang question
I have a Mustang Convertible (6 Cylinder/Manual Transmission).

Bronco Advantages:
1. Winter driving
2. Off road (mostly dirt trails not rocks)
3. Can handle Michigan pot holes better

Mustang Advantages:
1. Smoother on regular roads.
2. I can switch to a Convertible Mode during a red light (20 seconds). I don't need to store heavy tops/pieces, and worry about parts/bolts/bags etc.
3. Faster, though I cruise more with the Mustang than go super fast.

Bronco can pretty much replace my Mustang. Rational decision is to just trade it in. Not sure if I will make a rational decision though.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Mustang Convertible (6 Cylinder/Manual Transmission).

Bronco Advantages:
1. Winter driving
2. Off road (mostly dirt trails not rocks)
3. Can handle Michigan pot holes better

Mustang Advantages:
1. Smoother on regular roads.
2. I can switch to a Convertible Mode during a red light (20 seconds). I don't need to store heavy tops/pieces, and worry about parts/bolts/bags etc.
3. Faster, though I cruise more with the Mustang than go super fast.

Bronco can pretty much replace my Mustang. Rational decision is to just trade it in. Not sure if I will make a rational decision though.
Ah makes sense. Yes looking at your use case, the Bronco can certainly replace your Mustang. But I think you're emotionally tied to your 'not-old-at-all' Mustang. And if the Bronco in the real world has any headaches arise, say with taking the top off... that's where you'll begin to miss the ease of use your Mustang had converting to the open air experience.

Put it this way. Unless you're 75 years old or something, this likely won't be your final vehicle purchase....
Who knows what will come around in 7, 8 years from now that catches your eye all over again

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MIC Hard Top is all you can get for 2021.
Black Shadow Modular Top is available for MY21, but is "late availability."

Is the sound deadening headliner only for the MIC top or can it be added to the MOD top as well?? I thought it was MIC only but now I'm second guessing myself
Yes. It can be added. Tops are shaped the same... the difference is what the exterior material is made out of (and the differences in finish as a result... and the removable windows, etc.).

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Should be available at Home Depot
Ford Bronco D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating? Screenshot_20210315-105457_OneDrive
I used this paint last summer on old previously painted cabinets from the 1920s (which I spent a month sanding and prepping). very easy to work with, it has mostly held up well so far but there was a bit of sticking and a chip on the inset cabinet frame right away. Probably my fault for not prepping the cabinet frames well enough. Avoiding sticking is really tough with inset doors.

I have also painted other finished cabinets with Benjamin Moore alkyd paint and they've held up very well for 4+ years so far. alkyd wasn't as easy to work with.

RE the Bronco - I am glad I made my reservation so late, January 2021. I placed my order, but fully expecting it not to be built so I will really have until '22 order banks open to waffle.

I went for the roof rack but not the headliner. Even though I know I will ultimately want a headliner, I want to have the ability to paint the inside of the top if that becomes something I want to do. Adding a headliner later sounds like an easy enough DIY for me.

Parting with my 1996 Explorer is going to be TOUGH. I love her, and really hope I'll be able to find someone else who will appreciate and care for the old girl as much as I do.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an August reservation. There's like zero chance I'm able to get a 2021.

I procrastinated during the reservation period, so I'm forced to procrastinate now.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. It can be added. Tops are shaped the same... the difference is what the exterior material is made out of (and the differences in finish as a result... and the removable windows, etc.).
Thanks. Just talked to dealer. The reason I can't add it is because it will cause the Bronco to immediately fall over on its side after blowing out all the springs and shocks.
Sponsored