TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I prefer the round look better, does the majority like the squared off look?
I think the squared off fenders match the squared off body lines for the rest of the car, like the fender ridges on the hood and the windshield slope. It also harkens back to the 60's design which I'm a huge fan of. I think the design goal of the round wheel arches is that it sort of blends into the shape of the tires a bit more seamlessly, so from certain angles it looks like the wheel arches aren't even noticeable, but that only works if you have 35"+ tires and no lift to fill out the wheel well, otherwise the wheels just look proportionally tiny.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I prefer the round look better, does the majority like the squared off look?
I originally was against the idea of square, but I will admit it looks better with a lift than round does.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if it will be 2024 or not, but I think Ford is already showing us part of the next update with the squared-off fenders. They can now stamp these in 4DR and 2DR. No reason to keep it relegated to limited editions moving forward.

1674483852894.png
Is it just the fender flare that is different? Or is the sheet metal fender different as well? Looks great

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it just the fender flare that is different? Or is the sheet metal fender different as well? Looks great
Different sheet metal.

Reactions: Fly

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both are different. I'll give Ford credit for not taking the cheap route with it.

Sponsored

4x4fun

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Both are different. I'll give Ford credit for not taking the cheap route with it.
Yea they are just taking the cheap road with the interior fit & finish. And totally skipping quality control 😂
Go back and look at some 21 orders that were delivered. Mismatched front seats, inside of tailgates not painted, major pain imperfections.

Mismatched seats: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mismatched-front-seats.27975

paint issue:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-paint-from-the-factory-pic-attached.39612/

unpainted tailgate & fuel door:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-with-unpainted-tailgate-and-fuel-door.29333/

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only issue with the 2.3L is/was it being DI only. I also want a MT and the 2.7L with DI & PI doesn't have a MT option.

So my only hope appears to be @Ford Motor Company putting the 2.3L DI/PI in the Bronco so that I can get my DI/PI/MT.

It's also a much more likely it will happed vs. mating a MT to the 2.7L (which I'd like even more).

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A year ago, the topic of a refresh was discussed. Most of the discussion seemed to focus on a PHEV or BEV, but I don't think that will be seen until the 7G. (@Administrator You may want to consider merging that old thread with this one to consolidate the discussion.)

In this thread, there are some good ideas with the unifying of square fenders/flares on all trims. The dual injection 2.3 seems like a logical next step. Expect improvements such as rear console A/C vents, lane centering and true ACC. I would think more trickle down options on the BD/BB such as optioning the 12" screen without the 360 cameras. The Everglades has already proven there is no restriction. With the Everglades being discontinued, perhaps the BD and BB would be able to pay for the upgrade infotainment screen along with Signature Lights (BB already can option them).

I would like to see the mod top being available on other trims including the body-color mod top on the OBX as was originally planned at launch. To add to that, the mysterious HLIP should be made available on the OBX and higher trims. They need to differentiate the interior on the higher trims other than different vent color tabs and a 12" screen.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. But there are always minor changes year to year.

Given how badly their supplier for wheels has screwed up, I'm actually shocked that Ford didn't change the stock Sasquatch wheels already.

I can also see them discontinuing the Everglades, since the take rate was abysmal.
yea the idea is great I guess but its the heaviest stock bronco with the smaller engine. I think that put a lot of people off. Also the huge sticker on the sides ugly IMO.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its supply chain problems. I assume the wildtrack is the first to go as its only options with SAS and a hardtop. The hardtop's they are short on. The SAS from what I have leanred is limited due to tire stock. I guess the same tires are used on a few other vehicles and the non branded "wrangler" on the side makes it harder to get. Lux its 100% lack of chips for the additional things needed for the fancy cruse control thing whatever its called and th e heated wheel. DO i know any of this for a fact no. but it seems to be what I have gathered after talking to several dealers across the country. ( and I called like 60 dealers in the past two weeks looking for a bronco) found mostly what I wanted if your wondering. 2023 wildtrack! build date 2.27.23 dealer said its the last one hes allowed to order for the year. I would go BL with SAS or even BL non SAS if it was avaible in the 2.7 with hardtop not at a dealer markup or with "dealer addon" garbage like the plastic body armor or second top thats overpriced and nothing I want.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its supply chain problems. I assume the wildtrack is the first to go as its only options with SAS and a hardtop. The hardtop's they are short on. The SAS from what I have leanred is limited due to tire stock. I guess the same tires are used on a few other vehicles and the non branded "wrangler" on the side makes it harder to get. Lux its 100% lack of chips for the additional things needed for the fancy cruse control thing whatever its called and th e heated wheel. DO i know any of this for a fact no. but it seems to be what I have gathered after talking to several dealers across the country. ( and I called like 60 dealers in the past two weeks looking for a bronco) found mostly what I wanted if your wondering. 2023 wildtrack! build date 2.27.23 dealer said its the last one hes allowed to order for the year. I would go BL with SAS or even BL non SAS if it was avaible in the 2.7 with hardtop not at a dealer markup or with "dealer addon" garbage like the plastic body armor or second top thats overpriced and nothing I want.
Is the dealer charging markup on the WT you found?

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the dealer charging markup on the WT you found?
MSRP only. I basically went on cars.com, filtered by lowest nationwide and called every dealer that listed broncos on their site for a discount or msrp. I honestly have called 60+ dealers over the course of two weeks. Theres a decent amount of dealers selling for msrp they jsut dont have cars to sell you. They never have any in stock but thats why you call to see what they have coming in and if you can reserve it. 500-1000 over the phone and thats all it takes to reserve it. And its refundable atleast in all the dealers I found so far. This is actually my 3rd dealer ordered reservation I got. Just kept looking and looking till I got 90% of my wants with no bloat addons or msrp.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LOL at no time did I say a MY03. My G6 F150 I picked up in 2003 is still going strong, it looks a lot better than when they switched to the stupid looking triangle headlights and taillights, then again when they raised the hood and grill a couple inches, every refresh keeps looking worse and worse. At the end of the year I can put collectors' plates on mine, while the F150 design team is still sleeping at the wheel for 2 decades.
Seriously?

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Refresh? 1674586718070

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Refresh? 1674586728556

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Refresh? 1674586739710

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Refresh? 1674586748312

That is what the the F-150 looks like after four generations-there is only so much you can do with the overall trucks shape...but the details are completely different

2024 seems like it's very soon for a refresh, but the Bronco was delayed by several years coming out of the gate and 2024 is when they're going to start building the 2nd Gen Ranger, so it probably makes the most sense for them to retool the entire factory all at once.
I hate to to tell you this, but the 2024 Ranger is the 2021 Bronco under the skin. The Ranger currently in production is warmed over/slightly refreshed ROW Ranger that has been in production for years with some minor differences like the 2.3L gas engine with the 10 speed.

The Bronco was baked in with the new Ranger with its updates and the US market got more input into the Ranger and should have the 2.7L V6 in it this time around.

The plant isn't going to shut down to retool for the Ranger...they are basically making it already with the Bronco and it should launch late Spring/Early summer this year.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to to tell you this, but the 2024 Ranger is the 2021 Bronco under the skin. The Ranger currently in production is warmed over/slightly refreshed ROW Ranger that has been in production for years with some minor differences like the 2.3L gas engine with the 10 speed.

The Bronco was baked in with the new Ranger with its updates and the US market got more input into the Ranger and should have the 2.7L V6 in it this time around.

The plant isn't going to shut down to retool for the Ranger...they are basically making it already with the Bronco and it should launch late Spring/Early summer this year.
Key word being under the skin, the Bronco is probably going to remain largely the same mechanically, but the body panels and the tooling for them are going to have to be replaced, both for the Ranger and the Bronco. It looks like the '24 Ranger is starting production in mid-July, if that's the case, and the Bronco production line is going to be updated concurrently, that would explain Ford's desperation to convert remaining orders for this year, because they're only going to have seven months of production for the '23 MY instead of ten or eleven.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Key word being under the skin, the Bronco is probably going to remain largely the same mechanically, but the body panels and the tooling for them are going to have to be replaced, both for the Ranger and the Bronco. It looks like the '24 Ranger is starting production in mid-July, if that's the case, and the Bronco production line is going to be updated concurrently, that would explain Ford's desperation to convert remaining orders for this year, because they're only going to have seven months of production for the '23 MY instead of ten or eleven.
No that is not the case at all...Ford has had reservations since June 2020 and just wants to clear the books out so they aren't beholden to them going forward. I wouldn't expect any major changes for another couple years.
Sponsored