Sponsored

My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached)

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So like the title says. I watched my truck come off the truck at the dealer yesterday, and noticed a paint issue. The paint on the doors do not match the sides of the Bronco. I also found window glass pieces on the inside. The seam sealer on both doors appear to be factory gun applied, but the paint is way off. Has anyone else had this happen? It's VB and there was a 2 month period that it was in production. Any advise is welcomed.

Edit - top pic shows is most realistic to in person viewing, the bottom pic is least noticeable.

Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) IMG_8970

Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) dooroutside
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So it came with BFG tires?

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t accept that. It is noticeable. I would have dealership repaint the rear fender and blend with door. The front fender and door match. Is the driver’s side the same?
Actually, the door is off, the fender\quarter are matched fine. The Drivers side is less noticeable but it has the same issue.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wouldn’t accept that. It is noticeable. I would have dealership repaint the rear fender and blend with door. The front fender and door match. Is the driver’s side the same?
i agree, but something is up especially if he found glass inside. I’d want someone to answer some questions.

Did you put new tires on it already? Or did Ford start putting BFG’s on Broncos and I missed it? (I know raptor has BFG)

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands always came with BFGs guys. It's not Sasquatch, those are the upgraded wheels.

Since 2dr VB BLs happen to be the best looking configuring in my opinion, I've seen a lot of pictures of them. I've never noticed mismatched colors til now. Something happened for sure. What's odd is that both doors are off.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands always came with BFGs guys. It's not Sasquatch, those are the upgraded wheels.

Since 2dr VB BLs happen to be the best looking configuring in my opinion, I've seen a lot of pictures of them. I've never noticed mismatched colors til now. Something happened for sure. What's odd is that both doors are off.
Are you saying that mine is the first one like this, or you started seeing others like this as well recently?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VB was a close second. And yes, the Optional wheels are the best.

Bronco at Dealer.jpg

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow….. There is an interesting story here I’m sure, but the terrible thing is that Ford let this be delivered.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it look different in all lighting conditions? If not, it could the be flop of the metal flakes is different on the doors. This happens if a respray is not done properly, and has to do with static electricity from what I’ve been told (I’m not a painter). I had a repair done on my ST years ago and it took three trips back before they got the flop right.

This could explain the glass as well. Have an accident with the door, take it off for repair and a respray in a different shop…

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

i didn’t know that and never noticed it.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it look different in all lighting conditions? If not, it could the be flop of the metal flakes is different on the doors. This happens if a respray is not done properly, and has to do with static electricity from what I’ve been told (I’m not a painter). I had a repair done on my ST years ago and it took three trips back before they got the flop right.

This could explain the glass as well. Have an accident with the door, take it off for repair and a respray in a different shop…
This is exactly what I think is going on. Yes, different at all angles\lighting.
Sponsored