Sponsored

Mismatched trim panel from factory

• Thread starter Deleted member 49144
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Message sent. I’ve contacted the salesman already, who has been very helpful through the whole purchase process.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Okay so I finally got this off today, wasn’t hard at all. The fenders are a bit finicky but just have to give it a small tug. Anyways, I really don’t think you can paint this panel without getting paint everywhere else. It looks like this outer piece is glued to the plastic frame. So there is no way to detach it so it can be painted separately. At this point, should I just have them order another piece. This piece looks like it already comes painted.

A61978A7-3F4F-405F-ABBD-0179787F2C92.jpeg

E111CDD0-4AAF-49FE-BAD5-7D752F990742.jpeg

198A44EA-8147-457D-84F3-A59EFB0257EB.jpeg

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Following.

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Morning update:

I spent about an hour at the dealership this morning. All I can say is, this is just crazy over a stupid panel like this. I went to the parts department, and they are saying this part comes in a black primer and has to be painted. You can’t even pull it apart, it is indeed plastic welded in 3 places along the backside.

the body shop is going to try and tape it off and paint it. Why does Ford have to make things harder than they have to be 😠. All this for a $65 part.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Final resolution: I picked up the part from local ford dealer by me, after re paint, and they did a phenomenal job. Looks like it came straight from the factory. I wouldn’t purchase a car from this dealer, due to past mishaps, but their body shop has my business. They even waited 10-15 min after 5 until I was able to get there from work.

Installed everything and made sure everything was lined up best I could. Could have been much worse as well. Very happy with outcome 😁😁

Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory IMG_6525

Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory IMG_6522

Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory IMG_6521

Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory IMG_6520

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need to change your username now :ROFLMAO:

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Final resolution: I picked up the part from local ford dealer by me, after re paint, and they did a phenomenal job. Looks like it came straight from the factory. I wouldn’t purchase a car from this dealer, due to past mishaps, but their body shop has my business. They even waited 10-15 min after 5 until I was able to get there from work.

Installed everything and made sure everything was lined up best I could. Could have been much worse as well. Very happy with outcome 😁😁

That’s great to hear!

eaburke80221

Badlands
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve owned this vehicle for about 3 weeks now, I love the vehicle and this wouldn’t really deter my opinion of that…but

I just happen to be walking around the vehicle and noticed this. The pictures are two of the right side and one of the left. The right side is clearly carbonized gray metallic, my car is silver. Anybody ever seen anything like this? I’ll tell you what though, whoever did this deserves the “not my problem” of the year award lol.

As a Ford franchise sales manager, you wouldn’t believe half of the mistakes and mis-built vehicles that come in fresh off the truck.
Two weeks ago we had a rather expensive ($89k+), customer ordered F-150 arrive with a mirror cover in Oxford White. The truck was a Platinum painted Avalanche with the Black Appearance Pkg.
I’ve also had vehicles arrive with mismatched internal headlamp housings (i.e. black internal housings for Focus ST), different colored leather on center console covers, side mirrors missing turn signals…

I love Ford. I truly do. They’ve taken care of me for years. And, they take care of customers (eventually), but sometimes the obvious manufacturing flaws are downright laughable.

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

As a Ford franchise sales manager, you wouldn’t believe half of the mistakes and mis-built vehicles that come in fresh off the truck.
Two weeks ago we had a rather expensive ($89k+), customer ordered F-150 arrive with a mirror cover in Oxford White. The truck was a Platinum painted Avalanche with the Black Appearance Pkg.
I’ve also had vehicles arrive with mismatched internal headlamp housings (i.e. black internal housings for Focus ST), different colored leather on center console covers, side mirrors missing turn signals…

I love Ford. I truly do. They’ve taken care of me for years. And, they take care of customers (eventually), but sometimes the obvious manufacturing flaws are downright laughable.
Yeah , this was a great way to put it to be honest. Ford runs in the family, my grandfather is a retiree. I suppose it would be more understandable if I knew how the actual process works and how this could potentially come about in the first place. On the other hand, why not take care of it then and there, instead of making more work for themselves later.

someone WILL notice it, it’s just a matter of time, and then you’re going to have to fix it again. I’d be more than willing to have a week delay to have it come the way it should, rather than have to deal with it after the fact.
Sponsored