BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely a sequencing issue from the supplier but Ford QC should have definitely caught this.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, it's not that, but really, this should have been caught by "QA". Seriously, that's an issue, and when it comes to the suspension or software for occupant classification (to protect passengers during an accident) - It becomes a safety issue as well.

I don't care that some MAP employee missed putting the wrong seat in the Bronco. That kind of stuff happens, but when it's missed by a QA process that can impact safety, that's a serious problem.
Straw man. You made up a fictional scenario to knock it down. But I’ll bite anyways. Nothing here indicates that suspension is a problem and for all we know there isn’t a secondary QC check after suspension parts (like springs) are installed and could just be mechanic’s verification of correct assembly or controlled through upstream processes. I don’t know Ford’s production or verification systems and neither do you.

As for the seats, I wonder if the seats come covered in opaque plastic and, if so, when it gets removed. Perhaps it is during PDI, perhaps much future upstream.

I don’t work for Ford but I would hope that there is an RCCA exercise going on to address these kinds of errors.

Overall, should this have been caught by QA before it hit the dealer lot? Yes. Was it? No. Is the sky falling? Also no.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Straw man. You made up a fictional scenario to knock it down. But I’ll bite anyways. Nothing here indicates that suspension is a problem and for all we know there isn’t a secondary QC check after suspension parts (like springs) are installed and could just be mechanic’s verification of correct assembly or controlled through upstream processes. I don’t know Ford’s production or verification systems and neither do you.

As for the seats, I wonder if the seats come covered in opaque plastic and, if so, when it gets removed. Perhaps it is during PDI, perhaps much future upstream.

I don’t work for Ford but I would hope that there is an RCCA exercise going on to address these kinds of errors.

Overall, should this have been caught by QA before it hit the dealer lot? Yes. Was it? No. Is the sky falling? Also no.
I will accept that yes, the situation could be considered a straw man. However what is not a strawman is that if the QA process is not robust enough to catch an obviously mismatched seat; what would make you think that it is good enough to catch mismatched suspension components?

You're absolutely correct, I don't know their production or verification systems, but what I do know is that they delivered thousands of vehicles with defective tops to customers, they have had quality control issues with the active shutters that they have been avoided any transparency on (and have likely delivered thousands of defective harnesses/units) which will need replacement, and even something as simple as ensuring that hoses are secured in a way that they aren't destroyed by rotating engine parts, have not been addressed.

Like everything in the vehicle, they scan the parts into the system, especially parts with AIRBAGS, like the seats!!!

You know, on further reflection... yep, none of this is a problem... It's all good. It's perfect just the way it was delivered and I am sure that any other concerns I had are completely unfounded. This is fine...

Last edited:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will accept that yes, the situation could be considered a straw man. However what is not a strawman is that if the QA process is not robust enough to catch an obviously mismatched seat; what would make you think that it is good enough to catch mismatched suspension components?

You're absolutely correct, I don't know their production or verification systems, but what I do know is that they delivered thousands of vehicles with defective tops to customers, they have had quality control issues with the active shutters that they have been avoided any transparency on (and have likely delivered thousands of defective harnesses/units) which will need replacement, and even something as simple as ensuring that hoses are secured in a way that they aren't destroyed by rotating engine parts, have not been addressed.

Like everything in the vehicle, they scan the parts into the system, especially parts with AIRBAGS, like the seats!!!

You know, on further reflection... yep, none of this is a problem... It's all good. It's perfect just the way it was delivered and I am sure that any other concerns I had are completely unfounded. This is fine...
Yep. That is exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I slept with my wife’s sister they look a lot alike, AND she did pass QC. So yes mistakes can happen
A wise man once told me you turn them upside down and they all look like sisters

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

e4sxas4e1ny71.jpg

Why does the top of the center console appear to match the trim of that passenger seat? It's supposed to be black, like the middle of the driver's seat.

I've learned to never judge based on someone elses photo. Have ya'all never been on a dating website? :ROFLMAO: Geesh!

Could this just be a really bad shadow? Like from a building or maybe just a really big person standing outside the driver's front quarter panel (sun behind) leaning over the windshield casting a diagonal Shadow across the center console and passenger side as the person was taking the picture could do that.