First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone else had issues where the door jam is missing paint?
The drivers and passengers front fender area is not painted.
Tesla says it's normal.

213878168_10223270147234349_4662990382316097410_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.55.14 AM.png
Yeah, the door jamb on this one looks well painted, starting at 6:15 when he pulls the driver door off. I'd be all over Ford to make that right!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yet, another reason to go 2 door. Less missing paint!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
beautiful. Love the color, the wheels. Excellent choice!

Sponsored

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, look at the front door jam
Front door jamb is perfect - You are trying to find a problem where there isn't one. It is tiresome for the rest of us so you might want to give it a break.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologists and fanboys are hilarious. “We expect crap, and damn it, we like it!“. Its a shame their expectatations are so low. I don’t get it, but they seem pretty content, so more power to them.
No apologist here - just a realist looking at a real video of a real Bronco and not seeing the problem you evidently want to see.

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Their construction and assembly is completely different between Jeep and Ford.

IMG_0925_0[1].jpg

3d179c7f-0778-4ff2-b656-7122ca4ab403.medium[1].jpg

Their painting is not.

I think what you're trying to argue is that Jeep, in it's infinite wisdom and nearly a hundred years of experience, does a full frame-off complete bespoked paint job of each panel and frame individually.

Yes? Ford does shitty painting of the body as a partially assembled unit. Jeep does bespoked painting and protection.

This would, as you're attesting, make Jeeps completely rust-proof. Right, that's where you're going with this?

Just want to know if the argument of yours i've presented above sounds as stupid to you when you read it as it does to me.

Perhaps you're boiling down your argument to: "Jeep builds their body panels differently and uses nylon for door straps and nylon to protect the door wiring, everything must be external as they provide an un-reachable location to rust through from the inside out, where as Ford has easily replaceable panels in a completely different methodology and with different methodologies for metal preservation, however, I want the best of all worlds and the damn thing better be in my price range or i'll be pissed!"?

And this just happens to be the ant hill you've laid your cross upon.
My man, you are quite possibly the biggest dick on this forum. And for what exactly? For someone expecting some semblance of attention to detail on a vehicle they're waiting possibly years for, and that they're spending 60k+ on? Heaven forbid they expect the same paint quality as a direct competitor that also has removable doors and top. I'm beginning to think yours may be a Jim Farley burner account as defensive as you get when someone dares criticize the overlords. 🙄

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My man, you are quite possibly the biggest dick on this forum. And for what exactly? For someone expecting some semblance of attention to detail on a vehicle they're waiting possibly years for, and that they're spending 60k+ on? Heaven forbid they expect the same paint quality as a direct competitor that also has removable doors and top. I'm beginning to think yours may be a Jim Farley burner account as defensive as you get when someone dares criticize the overlords. 🙄
I'll take some of that heat, so bring it on. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other manufacturers design their door stop mechanisms to be installed after paint. This allows the robots in paint to open the doors wider than normal and paint the jambs correctly and thoroughly.

Last edited:

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, the door jamb on this one looks well painted, starting at 6:15 when he pulls the driver door off. I'd be all over Ford to make that right!
This unit probably wasn't run on the assembly line. This is a prototype unit that is assembled by few engineers and general labor. You can see internal mounding panels are prototypes as well, completely smooth and shiny.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yet, another reason to go 2 door. Less missing paint!
Actually, the only part where the robot can't reach is the front door because the door cover the hinge when you open it. The robot can reach both sides of the hinge on the rear door as it can do it from the front jam door and from the opening of the rear door.

Therefore, 4 doors and 2 doors has the same unpainted part.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope, they're painted with the doors off
I'm not sure if they pain them on or off, but I don't think it will be necesary for them as the hinges on the Wrangler are outside of the door, meaning that when you open the door, the robot will have full access to the entire jam of the door. On the Bronco, the hinges are inside (obviously) and the door covers them.

The only solution for Ford is to paint with the front doors off and I believe that is feasible as they need to take the doors off anyway for the sub-assembly of the doors. They just need to design a new ski that hold the front doors during the paint process. Not sure what others complication could this carry during the painting process.

I think the process engineers didn't think about it as this is the first vehicle where you can take the doors off in many years for Ford.

I hope they can address this issue soon because it doesn't look nice specially in darker colors. Shadow black and Antimatter blue should look really noticeably.
Sponsored