First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen this on other pictures too. I'm a bit concerned it will be like that on mine. That's insane for a vehicle that is designed to have the doors removed...

Any owners care to take a look on theirs?
It will have this unpaint part for sure. It's not a quality issue, It's a process issue that need to be addressed but it will take a while to change the process IF they want to change it.

I remember few years ago, to reduce costs, Ford and others companies stopped spraying clear coat inside the vehicle, and people started to complain about why they didn't have clear coat inside the engine bay or inside the trunk and they thought it was a quality issue. Now that is standard on most of the vehicles nowadays and people doesn't even pay attention to this anymore. I could bet that anybody on this forum didn't realize of this before on their vehicles.

I'm not saying that this should be the standard, but I just wanted to point it out the difference between quality issue and process issue.
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This unit probably wasn't run on the assembly line. This is a prototype unit that is assembled by few engineers and general labor. You can see internal mounding panels are prototypes as well, completely smooth and shiny.
Agreed, but it shows that it can be done, so I would def raise a stink with Ford if my OB shows up missing paint in those areas.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else had issues where the door jam is missing paint?
The drivers and passengers front fender area is not painted.
Tesla says it's normal.

Ford Bronco Missing paint in the door jam IMG_20210713_115909

Yep!! That’s a Ford thing my 11 Raptor had the same issue.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look at it from the other direction. The orange is “ over spray”. If left black it wouldn’t stick out.

Sponsored

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone else had issues where the door jam is missing paint?
The drivers and passengers front fender area is not painted.
Tesla says it's normal.

Not an issue.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happened to my Badlands. Built 8/26/22, took delivery 9/15/22. Riata Ford is covering it under warranty, but it's insane that this was allowed to pass QC. Ford's new manufacturing quality czar says improvements should begin in about six months. Can't be an easy job, but the fact is that Ford let things get this bad. My windshield washer also doesn't work - at all.

Toyota would never let something like this roll off one of their lines. My 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro doesn't have a single rattle, sqeuak, or worn out part 60,000 miles in.

The Bronco is way more fun, but that's a rationalization, rather than a justification, for sloppy work.

PXL_20220916_192017158.jpg
Sponsored