Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll definitely be interested in how that turns out. I'm not much of an off road designer, so a lot of this stuff takes me a while to figure out. If you do get what you're after and show how you got there, I might very well follow you.

Have you checked out APG's long travel and midrunner suspension kits?
Midrunner, yes. Long travel, not really because I have OCD and would have to buy the Spicer Ultimate Dana 60 for the track width. I feel like I could get away with the midrunner and spacers in the rear, but I could be wrong. I like the boxiness of the Bronco and shy away from the rounded extended fenders. Again, personal choice. I really like the looks of the old International Scout and OG Broncos.
Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with you there on those trailing arms and track bar from Core4x4! I got them book marked, just have not pulled the trigger yet.
Ditto, I am going to be in hot water if I spend any more on my vehicle this month. Crawl series upper and lowers with track bar are bookmarked and next up. The wall thickness is superior to RockJock and just about anyone else that I have looked at.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Midrunner, yes. Long travel, not really because I have OCD and would have to buy the Spicer Ultimate Dana 60 for the track width. I feel like I could get away with the midrunner and spacers in the rear, but I could be wrong. I like the boxiness of the Bronco and shy away from the rounded extended fenders. Again, personal choice. I really like the looks of the old International Scout and OG Broncos.
RE: I also like the boxier Broncos. I like the APG carbon fiber fenders look-wise, but I just would never go there. I'm not super flashy. I think I could go APG midrunner if it didn't destroy road driving (I don't know if they do). I'm guessing those prices are per axle, too.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ditto, I am going to be in hot water if I spend any more on my vehicle this month. Crawl series upper and lowers with track bar are bookmarked and next up. The wall thickness is superior to RockJock and just about anyone else that I have looked at.
I am obviously a little less worried about the cost, I just like the value proposition. You can not make a "better" arm than the crawler series. You can make "prettier" with the billet.... at 4 times the price. Is prettier worth that much more, especially something that is going to be banged on? I guess if you are not "banging" on it, yes??? But they have the same johnny joints at each end so they do not articulate any better.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am obviously a little less worried about the cost, I just like the value proposition. You can not make a "better" arm than the crawler series. You can make "prettier" with the billet.... at 4 times the price. Is prettier worth that much more, especially something that is going to be banged on? I guess if you are not "banging" on it, yes??? But they have the same johnny joints at each end so they do not articulate any better.
Even the 7075 arms that presumably have a little give?

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Even the 7075 arms that presumably have a little give?
7075 is a phenomenal aluminum... Used on the rear arms would their be a benefit over the thick steel tubing from Core4x4? Maybe.... but how much? at what cost? The billet cut stuff is prettier, no doubt. but how much prettier? at what cost? I am just thinking about cost vs benefit.... How much benefit is there at what cost? Everyone has a different answer to that question with every single thing you can do to a Bronco. For me the real cost benefit lies with the johnny joints.... If they only way to get those was with a billet arm then I would probably go with Billet. But I think these oversized steel arms with Johnny joints at each end seem to be a better value proposition. The billet will not increase the articulation.

Everybody has different priorities. Sometimes my own choices contradict themselves. For the most part though I think I have been fairly consistent with my values on most of the big ticket items.... Not all... My KC lights contradicted my own value priorities... overly influenced by aesthetics.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7075 is a phenomenal aluminum... Used on the rear arms would their be a benefit over the thick steel tubing from Core4x4? Maybe.... but how much? at what cost? The billet cut stuff is prettier, no doubt. but how much prettier? at what cost? I am just thinking about cost vs benefit.... How much benefit is there at what cost? Everyone has a different answer to that question with every single thing you can do to a Bronco. For me the real cost benefit lies with the johnny joints.... If they only way to get those was with a billet arm then I would probably go with Billet. But I think these oversized steel arms with Johnny joints at each end seem to be a better value proposition. The billet will not increase the articulation.

Everybody has different priorities. Sometimes my own choices contradict themselves. For the most part though I think I have been fairly consistent with my values on most of the big ticket items.... Not all... My KC lights contradicted my own value priorities... overly influenced by aesthetics.
I'm not worried about pretty. The other thing is they're lighter (I assume). Frankly, I was only interested in the argument about them having some give (and wearing longer). I can see perhaps on the rear (the others aren't really exposed). I've only heard 7075 has give, I don't really know...

I think if someone were doing a lot of rubble fields or bouldering where they get whacked a lot, maybe it would make sense. But to your point about cost, if you could buy 2-3 replacements for the same or less, and not be stranded (?), it does seem moot and maybe the looks are the defining feature for the cost.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I thought that was for me! :ROFLMAO:

Agreed on the price point, materials and machine time aren't cheap and neither is time spent designing great parts.

I am glad they are on the market as well and I appreciate the fact that there are engineers out there designing aftermarket parts for our vehicle of choice. I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to increase articulation and get rid of the low hanging shock mounts on the rear end. Core4x4 makes a good looking set of upper and lower CAs for the rear with Johnny Joints. That's probably my next step. Blanco Bronco put a set on and seems to have gotten good results. If I could figure out how to increase the front without destroying axles and steering racks, I would be in great shape.
I have the Core4x4 set w/panhard on both my 6g. LOVE them! Really don't need them on my mostly stock BL, but loved them so much on my badsquatch I decided to put them on to "future proof" it. Articulation is still limited by shock length, but they definitely improve "real world" flex...it is very difficult to three wheel mine even if I try!

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Core4x4 set w/panhard on both my 6g. LOVE them! Really don't need them on my mostly stock BL, but loved them so much on my badsquatch I decided to put them on to "future proof" it. Articulation is still limited by shock length, but they definitely improve "real world" flex...it is very difficult to three wheel mine even if I try!
Bruh, that is what I wanted to hear. Thank you! Not trying to win any ramp score contests or anything, just want some real world results.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not worried about pretty. The other thing is they're lighter (I assume). Frankly, I was only interested in the argument about them having some give (and wearing longer). I can see perhaps on the rear (the others aren't really exposed). I've only heard 7075 has give, I don't really know...

I think if someone were doing a lot of rubble fields or bouldering where they get whacked a lot, maybe it would make sense. But to your point about cost, if you could buy 2-3 replacements for the same or less, and not be stranded (?), it does seem moot and maybe the looks are the defining feature for the cost.
I think these are stout enough you would NEVER have to replace them.... The Johnny joints yes... they will wear out whether on steel or on billet aluminum. Take care of the joints (clean and grease constantly) and they too should last quite a while. But you can replace the joints without having to replace the entire arm.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got to admit that is what I thought would be the results... got them in my shopping cart just have not pushed the button yet... when I get home I am going to push the button.

your opinion means a lot to me. This was how I was leaning. you just pushed me over the edge.

EDIT: went home and pushed the button... 😁 and they have already shipped!

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Emailed them about Braptor portals but, said would be way too wide and suspension too specialized 😞

I would love full raptor portals with custom fenders. 😍
When I saw this, I thought it was about Braptor portals and this popped into my head:

Ford Bronco 74Weld compares Bronco Raptor vs. Bronco on portals 1000010413

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I have no worries about axle strength. The 74 weld "kit" comes with a new high strength full float axle.... Now that said I do have some concerns about the axle housing. I am going to truss it. But how I do that, I am still thinking through.
USE A JEEP KIT FROM SOMEWHERE LIKE BARNES 4X4... sorry caps lock was on...

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

USE A JEEP KIT FROM SOMEWHERE LIKE BARNES 4X4... sorry caps lock was on...
Actually that is funny... the Barnes is first on my list.... Have that book marked as well. Just been looking at full stuff clearance and trying to check double check and triple check my measurements. also trying to verify it would work with the ford performance diff cover I would like to get. Only reason for that one is the drain and fill plugs and well... aesthetics - but that is a lower priority than the convenience of the plugs..

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually that is funny... the Barnes is first on my list.... Have that book marked as well. Just been looking at full stuff clearance and trying to check double check and triple check my measurements. also trying to verify it would work with the ford performance diff cover I would like to get. Only reason for that one is the drain and fill plugs and well... aesthetics - but that is a lower priority than the convenience of the plugs..
Check ebay for Barnes, they have a store on there as well. No price difference bit some things showing out of stock on their website show in stock there.
Sponsored