Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco BD w/sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello,

So under the front edge of my hood I noticed some dried in air bubbles in the factory paint. There are two different spots with the picture being the worse of the two. My question for those who know is, is this sure to become a rusting/chipping problem in the future and do I have ground to stand on in raising this issue with the dealer? Bronco is a 24 BD that I’ve had for less than a month.

IMG_2094.jpeg
Sponsored

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re right to be concerned about that paint imperfection on the hood’s edge. First, this seems to be a recurring quality control issue with Ford Motor Company and second, it will unfortunately lead to rust. This exact situation happened on my wife’s Ford Explorer. I was not as quick as you in noticing the problem. And the rust had begun to set in and enlarged the paint bubble to corrosion creeping along that edge under the paint. The good news is that our dealership took care of the matter under warranty and the hood was repainted. But still…. Paint deficiencies like these are not what you would expect from Ford Motor Company.

CoastieN70

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had that happen with my Explorer ST, aluminum hood. Brought it to the dealers attention and they replaced the hood.
Aluminum corrodes from the inside out, repaint does not correct the corrosion problem.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is corrosion where something got in under the paint. Do you live where a lot of salt is used in the winter.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happens on bodies that are made of mixed metals, some panels are aluminum and some are steel. The pre-paint processes to clean and etch the metal have to be compatible with both metals, so they aren’t as effective as single metal treatments. The F-150s and others that are all aluminum don’t have the issue.

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
absolutely contact the dealer now! We had hair strands under the clear. Nasty, but buffed out.

OP
OP
The Deal

The Deal

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco BD w/sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is corrosion where something got in under the paint. Do you live where a lot of salt is used in the winter.

The car is about a month old and hasn’t seen salt or winter yet.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello,

So under the front edge of my hood I noticed some dried in air bubbles in the factory paint. There are two different spots with the picture being the worse of the two. My question for those who know is, is this sure to become a rusting/chipping problem in the future and do I have ground to stand on in raising this issue with the dealer? Bronco is a 24 BD that I’ve had for less than a month.

Ford Bronco Air bubbles in factory paint 1713109581581-td
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored