First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you’re a sucker for a clean OEM look just like me and thinking of installing fog lights into the modular bumper of your Bronco, this write-up is for you.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776334464

I completed this installation more than a month ago but didn’t have time to post a write-up. It took me 2 months to figure out what parts I needed, gather them, and put everything together. A huge shout out to @flip for helping me out with part numbers. I had this plan since I purchased my Bronco in November of 2022. My OBX has the Lux package, so it came with the preinstalled fog light harness but empty fog light pockets in the modular bumper.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776345884

I managed to acquire a pair of take offs through FB. I joined the Bronco Raptor group and started to browse through photos looking for one that had aftermarket fog lights. It didn’t take me longer than 10 minutes to come across the one I was looking for and sent a message to the owner hoping he would want to sell the stock fogs to me. I didn’t try to low ball him and offered $300 which he kindly accepted.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776373311

The fog lights were in mint condition, but the back covers and wire harness didn’t come with them because those parts stayed in the Braptor. After doing some investigation into missing parts, I reached out to @flip to make sure I have the correct list of part numbers. The problem was that the part catalog didn’t have any visuals of the Braptor bumper back then, so we could only guess what parts I needed to order.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco PXL_20230208_215956431

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco PXL_20230208_220029133

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776527176

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776542543

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776557553

I ordered a pair of back covers (N2DZ17E810A and N2DZ17E811A) from Ruxer store. They cost me $40. By test-fitting the fog lights in the mod bumper, I realized that I would also need the Braptor bumper end caps because those on my truck didn’t have designated mounting points. Flip sent me the part numbers for those (N2DZ-17E784-AA and N2DZ-17E785-AA). The new Braptor end caps cost me $350. Of course, Ford sells them without any fasteners, so I also had to buy 8 cage nuts (W717086-S439) and a pack of M6 x 1.0 T30 bolts.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776588179

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776598691

Since the fog lights didn’t come with the wire harness, I either had to buy it from Ford or fabricate it myself. I decided to go with the latter option. If I went with the OEM part, I would have to modify it anyway. The fog lights on Braptor are operated by two switches: the outer pair is controlled by the fog light switch and the inner pair by an upfitter switch. I wanted to connect both pairs to the fog light switch (M2DZ-11654-DC) which was also purchased for this project ($70).

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776624963

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776632013

I didn’t want to replace the male connectors on the lights or the output connector in the bumper, but when I saw the price of the OEM parts, I realized that I need to come up with a cheaper solution. Each pigtail connector would cost me around $50 and I needed 10 of those – 5 for each side. I needed to identify the connectors Ford used for this wire harness. I’m not an auto electrician or engineer and don’t know what suppliers auto manufacturers use, but Google helped me solve this puzzle. The factory connectors turned out to be Molex MX150. I bought them directly from the country that makes them – which is China. They were around $3 a piece on Aliexpress which was much lower than the $50 Ford wanted.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776646777

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776663922

I crimped the pin connectors onto a 16AWG wire and ran it through loom tubing for additional protection and OEM look.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776679527

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776689434

I’m not sure if the push pins I ordered (W714584S300) were the correct ones because they seemed to be slightly longer than needed and didn’t sit tight. I solved this problem by placing 3/4 OD X 3/8" ID X 1/8" rubber washers on them.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776699129

I bolted the fog lights into the end caps before installing them on the Bronco because the Sasquatch wheels don’t leave much space for wrenching in the wheel well. After installing the end caps on the bumper, you will only need to screw in one last bolt on each side. This bolt goes through the top eyelet on the fog light assembly and into the cage nut that you need to insert in the square hole in the upper portion of the bumper.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776717877

Once everything is installed and wired, you’re going to need to program the fog lights with Forscan to make them work.

Here are the setting you need to save:

BdyCM Configuration

• Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".

• Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"

IPC

• Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)

• 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776761779

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco 1681776770781

I hope this write-up will be of help to those who decide to go the same route. It’s not the cheapest and easiest options, but as I already mentioned, it was important to me to achieve that clean OEM look.
Sponsored

Last edited:

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This post could not have come at a better time. I came across the same Raptor fogs and a separate modular bumper for my SAS OBX but could not locate part numbers anywhere nor how to guides that could help me out. I will likely have more questions soon, but just wanted to say thanks!

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This post could not have come at a better time. I came across the same Raptor fogs and a separate modular bumper for my SAS OBX but could not locate part numbers anywhere nor how to guides that could help me out. I will likely have more questions soon, but just wanted to say thanks!
Anytime!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. They’re the only fogs that look good in that pocket. Everything else looks pretty weird, out of place, ugly to me lol

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great writeup. I literally ordered parts to do the same job last week. The light that I bought have the adapter that combines the two lights into one connector. The connector is just a 4 pin MX150 rather than 2, 2 pin MX150s. I will report back once I get my parts and do the install.
Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5578

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5582

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, this is perfect timing. I was just gifted a set of these as take-offs from my buddy’s Raptor and I was wondering how easy they would bolt onto a Bronco. Thanks for this great write up, I look forward to seeing more from others too. I hope to tackle this install this week.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great writeup. I literally ordered parts to do the same job last week. The light that I bought have the adapter that combines the two lights into one connector. The connector is just a 4 pin MX150 rather than 2, 2 pin MX150s. I will report back once I get my parts and do the install.

Good for you! I had to fabricate this wire harness myself.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you’re a sucker for a clean OEM look just like me and thinking of installing fog lights into the modular bumper of your Bronco, this write-up is for you.

I completed this installation more than a month ago but didn’t have time to post a write-up. It took me 2 months to figure out what parts I needed, gather them, and put everything together. A huge shout out to @flip for helping me out with part numbers. I had this plan since I purchased my Bronco in November of 2022. My OBX has the Lux package, so it came with the preinstalled fog light harness but empty fog light pockets in the modular bumper.

I managed to acquire a pair of take offs through FB. I joined the Bronco Raptor group and started to browse through photos looking for one that had aftermarket fog lights. It didn’t take me longer than 10 minutes to come across the one I was looking for and sent a message to the owner hoping he would want to sell the stock fogs to me. I didn’t try to low ball him and offered $300 which he kindly accepted.

The fog lights were in mint condition, but the back covers and wire harness didn’t come with them because those parts stayed in the Braptor. After doing some investigation into missing parts, I reached out to @flip to make sure I have the correct list of part numbers. The problem was that the part catalog didn’t have any visuals of the Braptor bumper back then, so we could only guess what parts I needed to order.

I ordered a pair of back covers (N2DZ17E810A and N2DZ17E811A) from Ruxer store. They cost me $40. By test-fitting the fog lights in the mod bumper, I realized that I would also need the Braptor bumper end caps because those on my truck didn’t have designated mounting points. Flip sent me the part numbers for those (N2DZ-17E784-AA and N2DZ-17E785-AA). The new Braptor end caps cost me $350. Of course, Ford sells them without any fasteners, so I also had to buy 8 cage nuts (W717086-S439) and a pack of M6 x 1.0 T30 bolts.

Since the fog lights didn’t come with the wire harness, I either had to buy it from Ford or fabricate it myself. I decided to go with the latter option. If I went with the OEM part, I would have to modify it anyway. The fog lights on Braptor are operated by two switches: the outer pair is controlled by the fog light switch and the inner pair by an upfitter switch. I wanted to connect both pairs to the fog light switch (M2DZ-11654-DC) which was also purchased for this project ($70).

I didn’t want to replace the male connectors on the lights or the output connector in the bumper, but when I saw the price of the OEM parts, I realized that I need to come up with a cheaper solution. Each pigtail connector would cost me around $50 and I needed 10 of those – 5 for each side. I needed to identify the connectors Ford used for this wire harness. I’m not an auto electrician or engineer and don’t know what suppliers auto manufacturers use, but Google helped me solve this puzzle. The factory connectors turned out to be Molex MX150. I bought them directly from the country that makes them – which is China. They were around $3 a piece on Aliexpress which was much lower than the $50 Ford wanted.

I crimped the pin connectors onto a 16AWG wire and ran it through loom tubing for additional protection and OEM look.

I’m not sure if the push pins I ordered (W714584S300) were the correct ones because they seemed to be slightly longer than needed and didn’t sit tight. I solved this problem by placing 3/4 OD X 3/8" ID X 1/8" rubber washers on them.

I bolted the fog lights into the end caps before installing them on the Bronco because the Sasquatch wheels don’t leave much space for wrenching in the wheel well. After installing the end caps on the bumper, you will only need to screw in one last bolt on each side. This bolt goes through the top eyelet on the fog light assembly and into the cage nut that you need to insert in the square hole in the upper portion of the bumper.

Once everything is installed and wired, you’re going to need to program the fog lights with Forscan to make them work.

Here are the setting you need to save:

BdyCM Configuration

• Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".

• Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"

IPC

• Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)

• 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101

I hope this write-up will be of help to those who decide to go the same route. It’s not the cheapest and easiest options, but as I already mentioned, it was important to me to achieve that clean OEM look.
I was also trying to use the factory fog harness and found that I am not getting any power from the harness after enabling through Forscan, did you measure with a meter to check for voltage before installing the lights?

I also bought the ford light switch model ending in CC, which has front/back fog light switch, in hopes of using the rear fog switch as well, but since I cannot even get front fogs to work, right now I am using the Aux switches.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question answered.

Sponsored

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. Amazing amount of effort you put into this. I have thought of doing the same. Then I ran across these.
https://www.21offroad.com/collectio...eel-bumper-2021-bronco?variant=44095158190303
OEM comes at a price for sure and since spending $1000 or $200 on lights does not make a Bronco more valuable, and because I dislike shipping costs I ordered a similar product from @Mabett

Forum members can use a coupon that drops price before tax below $200 through end of this month

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now if I could just find a modular bumper with sensor holes I would def jump on this. Looks great.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model