Sponsored

Any way to remove the speed limitations...

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, it does not. Like some famouse guy said many years ago: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
What's next, doing Moab in a Stingray, just because you can? Just sayin....
That quote never actually came from that famous guy. In fact, it likely didn't even come from anyone famous at all. But, infinity being what it is...

People have done more interesting things with less, doesn't make it stupid or deserving of an answer, in the same way you don't have to answer to anyone with what you do to or with your vehicle.
Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that it can be done with FORSCAN, but I am going to have to test it out first, but no reason that it won't work.
So many garbage replies lecturing OP.. Thanks for putting out a real answer. It must be in the PCM somewhere.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why remove the limiter? Because it's not hard to hit. Going to FL last week traffic was literally cruising at 90. One pass and you're on the limit. Lame.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My first car was a 1959 Ford Galaxie with a 352 police interceptor engine. Easily buried the speedometer reading of 120. Guesstimated top speed of probably 140. Bias tires (no radials). No seat belts. No computer chips. No disc brakes. Way too much flack given to the OP for wanting to go 102+. Geesh.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, it does not. Like some famous guy said many years ago: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So many garbage replies lecturing OP.. Thanks for putting out a real answer. It must be in the PCM somewhere.
Well, if it were me, the easiest way is to tell the computer that the tires are 60% of the real size and then switch to KPH.

But that's just me.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to Ford Transit/F150 community, PCM AS-BUILT, 7E0-163-01 and 7E0-163-02 are "Speed_Limiting_Features (SLF)".

7E0-163-01xxxx**xxxx--Customer Preference Additional Speed Governor (CPASG)

7E0-163-02xx*xxxxxxx--0 =SLF Reserved for "blank"2 =SLF With ASL, Less ISA
1 =SLF Less ASL, Less ISA3 =SLF With ASL, With ISA

Last edited:

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t believe I am just reading this thread. I to would like to up the top speed. Have had the Bronco at its limits multiple times and would like a little more to keep up with the Raptors. 114 would be nice.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t believe I am just reading this thread. I to would like to up the top speed. Have had the Bronco at its limits multiple times and would like a little more to keep up with the Raptors. 114 would be nice.
I just came back from the garage after changing the code. I'll see if it actually affected anything once I get a change to go to Mexico :)

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There was another similar thread to this on the Bronco Raptor top speed and attempts to increase it (link). The ninnies came out of force there as well impling that anything above the tires rated speeds would caue an immediate explosion... I argued that tire ratings (speed ratings) all have significant margins of safety. It got so bad over there someone seemed to wish me harm if I even experimented with such heresy...

My calculations indicate the Raptor will top out (indeed drag limited, in 7th) at about 125 mph, the lower powered Broncos will obviously be less. Marginal power to push every incrementally higher top speed takes HUGE hp jumps (power lost to drag increases at the cube of the speed).

I've had my 4Runner with oversize KO2s at the limiter at about 115 and it felt just fine. This was down in Mexico, of course.

Larger travel, bigger tires, more power, higher redline, greater acceleration and top speed, steeper climbs, bigger rocks, faster laps; this is motorsport and this is what we do. All of these, within some reasonable limits and all will be fine. Obviously, push any of these far outside of the factory envelope, without appropriate modification and risk goes up, sometimes even to a guaranteed failure.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, it does not. Like some famous guy said many years ago: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Darien Gap in a Corvair. Just because some GM bigwig wanted to create a drug highway through Panama .....
https://bestride.com/news/the-wages-of-vair-in-1962-chevrolet-sent-corvairs-to-the-darien-gap
Sadly , not highlighted, one of the 3 corvairs never came home.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was another similar thread to this on the Bronco Raptor top speed and attempts to increase it (link). The ninnies came out of force there as well impling that anything above the tires rated speeds would caue an immediate explosion... I argued that tire ratings (speed ratings) all have significant margins of safety. It got so bad over there someone seemed to wish me harm if I even experimented with such heresy...

My calculations indicate the Raptor will top out (indeed drag limited, in 7th) at about 125 mph, the lower powered Broncos will obviously be less. Marginal power to push every incrementally higher top speed takes HUGE hp jumps (power lost to drag increases at the cube of the speed).

I've had my 4Runner with oversize KO2s at the limiter at about 115 and it felt just fine. This was down in Mexico, of course.

Larger travel, bigger tires, more power, higher redline, greater acceleration and top speed, steeper climbs, bigger rocks, faster laps; this is motorsport and this is what we do. All of these, within some reasonable limits and all will be fine. Obviously, push any of these far outside of the factory envelope, without appropriate modification and risk goes up, sometimes even to a guaranteed failure.
The way my 2 door 2.7 pulls, I would be shocked if it was drag limited to 125, but rather limited by my personal attachments.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to admit I hit over 100mph in my 2 door badlands sas. Did it twice on the highway drag racing a truck and a charger. Felt like it could pull more but the govenor kicked in. My guess with the gearing it could top out around 130 maybe 140mph.

I kicked my self for doing it but it was so much fun. Not doing that again. Risk too high.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still locked at 102mph after the PCM tweak..

It appears you'll need a tune (and z-rated tires) to get rid of the governor unfortunately.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2.7 or 2.3 are not going to get to 125 (delimited)...

Aerodynamics are the dominant factor which are largely irrelevant below about 50-60 (you nor the engine "feels" that drag) but from there and up it increases really fast. These are bricks...
Sponsored