First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will not mount one underneath my Bronco. Sure they say waterproof but when you need it, it won't work. I have a VIAR in my truck for the RV and other trailers. Works great and only takes a few seconds to get it out and hooked up
After watching SEMA builds last night, I see that underneath is where most are mounting it as well.

I'm not yet convinced you can fit a 6cfm+ compressor anywhere else. This only really matters if you off-road quite a lot. If you just dabble or just use it for bike tires, this is a lot of work and money. 4 minutes per tire is nothing once a month, but twice a weekend with 2-3 vehicles? It's a massive time sink.

If you mount anything below the rear cargo area, it's out of fording depth anyways. It's going to be a popular spot for aux fuel tanks as well, I'd imagine. From the ground to the bottom of the pan, it's about 37" with sasquatch.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you mount anything below the rear cargo area, it's out of fording depth anyways. It's going to be a popular spot for aux fuel tanks as well, I'd imagine. From the ground to the bottom of the pan, it's about 37" with sasquatch.
I still can’t get over how clean is the bottom of your Bronco!

Were you working on a hoist?

Very clever placement, BTW - I can tell you put a lot of effort into selecting this spot. As a person who also is a part-time MacGyver I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Same comments to 4x4TruckLEDs - love the effort!

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still can’t get over how clean is the bottom of your Bronco!

Were you working on a hoist?

Very clever placement, BTW - I can tell you put a lot of effort into selecting this spot. As a person who also is a part-time MacGyver I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Same comments to 4x4TruckLEDs - love the effort!
No, that's the thing. That place was SPOTLESS and I've been offroading several times already. High speed running and rock crawling.. and not a speck of mud. It's a cool little spot you could stash tons of addons, like extra fuel tank etc. I'm still moving the intakes in to the cabin to be safe.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re saying this is fake news?

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 1636314474293

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re saying this is fake news?

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 1636314474293
Yeah. Unless they did a lot of relocating stuff. I attempted to get it in that spot and it scratched up my coolant tank and put a lot of pressure on it. One jolt off roading would probably do it.

Also, it's just sitting on the wheel well carpet liner. There's nothing metal down there to attach it in any way, and the ARB mounts from the bottom.

There isn't really an area to even connect a mounting bracket. You really would have to relocate the module on top in some fashion and move either your air box or coolant tank a bit.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com mount is the best solution I've seen for the guys who want it in the engine compartment. I hope it works.

I'm about to finish my install and you'll be able to see why I think this is the best spot overall. It's also a prime spot for a mass produced mounting bracket, because there is plenty of frame to hook it to instead of going through the reinforced floor pan where I did. It's under the rear floor, hard to tell from my photo.

I should also say that my concern with that area is it's only a couple inches from the bigger of the two turbos.. it gets HOT in that area. Lots of heat radiating up. Not sure how good that is long term for the compressor.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a "reason" we're not sharing it with the world yet. As soon as we release it, everybody is going to start copying it. So we're not sharing anything until production is underway.
Ok, now you just sparked my interest. 😂

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You know we've developed a twin compressor ARB mount right? It fits the 2.3L and once our prototype comes in we'll be modifying it a bit to fit the 2.7L as well
Im looking forward to it for my 4dr OBX as the next upgrade. Is there a bracket for the single ARB pump? How does that one fit under the hood?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah. Unless they did a lot of relocating stuff. I attempted to get it in that spot and it scratched up my coolant tank and put a lot of pressure on it. One jolt off roading would probably do it.

Also, it's just sitting on the wheel well carpet liner. There's nothing metal down there to attach it in any way, and the ARB mounts from the bottom.

There isn't really an area to even connect a mounting bracket. You really would have to relocate the module on top in some fashion and move either your air box or coolant tank a bit.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com mount is the best solution I've seen for the guys who want it in the engine compartment. I hope it works.

I'm about to finish my install and you'll be able to see why I think this is the best spot overall. It's also a prime spot for a mass produced mounting bracket, because there is plenty of frame to hook it to instead of going through the reinforced floor pan where I did. It's under the rear floor, hard to tell from my photo.

I should also say that my concern with that area is it's only a couple inches from the bigger of the two turbos.. it gets HOT in that area. Lots of heat radiating up. Not sure how good that is long term for the compressor.
Im hoping for an install that works in the 2.7 engine compartment. I'm even fine with the ARB single. And the double isnt much good with air tools unless i also install the 1 gallon air tank . . . Where would that fit!

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im hoping for an install that works in the 2.7 engine compartment. I'm even fine with the ARB single. And the double isnt much good with air tools unless i also install the 1 gallon air tank . . . Where would that fit!
These bracket makers are good at their jobs. I have no doubt that working solutions will come forward, but I see why they aren't here yet. There just isn't a lot of room under the hood, and the only open areas are near the turbos. Lots of heat.

The area I chose is just a big empty void under the truck above the axle, but it hasn't been the easiest install. I'm finishing it up this morning so a big post with photos and a guide will be coming shortly.

The guys looking for a less custom solution (everything is accessible in the rear cargo area in my install) should just wait a bit longer for @4x4TruckLEDs.com to finish their prototyping. Will cut install time down in half.

I would love to see someone make some custom wiring harnesses as well made for the Bronco. I've had to completely remake the wiring harness that came with it by pulling out tons of wires for things like air lockers etc.

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a "reason" we're not sharing it with the world yet. As soon as we release it, everybody is going to start copying it. So we're not sharing anything until production is underway.
Get on that patent!!

1B379674-31DC-4570-AA0C-F8D53FD7B34E.jpeg

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be waiting for the under the hood placement. Underneath just doesn’t seem like a great long term place to keep it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a small woodshop, but I can do aluminum fab since it cuts on the same tools as wood. Nothing as fancy as your version. That is quite literally the only place I saw today that was even remotely possible, so I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off base. You can only bend aluminum to a point, so it looked all the world like I was going to end up with a $600 compressor in my radiator fans. 🤣
Get on that patent!!

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 1B379674-31DC-4570-AA0C-F8D53FD7B34E
Not worth the cost of a patent for a mounting bracket.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know we've developed a twin compressor ARB mount right? It fits the 2.3L and once our prototype comes in we'll be modifying it a bit to fit the 2.7L as well
I agree with this. I have mounted under jeep hood with 3.6 motor and later LS3. There are many places to do it there. I dont know I would mount under body with holes drilled and just above exhaust?? I look forward to your 2.7 option. Have my arb, bronco build supposed to be tomorrow. Cant wait

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan on picking up a Dual ARB - do you have approximate dimensions?
Sponsored