Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sorry that happened to you. may I ask how long/how many miles till it started back up?
I misread your post. Thought you just got your Bronco and still had the new but old rev transmission. My noise showed up somewhere between 300-400 miles. Could have been sooner but first 335 miles were highway type.
Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure was hoping a resolve to this issue after a year and a half would’ve been present. A local dealer has a 4 door mic top black diamond manual A51 I would love to consider at msrp but sounds like early 2023 models on are duds also , oh boy , might have to wait for 2024 models end of summer , go ford go ! Sorry for those dealing with this .New to me has always been trouble free , This forum
has sure saved me from lots of aggravation

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For anyone that’s had their Bronco at a dealer for a month or more, were you able to call Ford (not the dealer) to complain? I’ve never had a vehicle in service this long that I basically made a payment on a vehicle while it sits outside and the more I think about it the more I’m not a fan of that.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For anyone that’s had their Bronco at a dealer for a month or more, were you able to call Ford (not the dealer) to complain? I’ve never had a vehicle in service this long that I basically made a payment on a vehicle while it sits outside and the more I think about it the more I’m not a fan of that.
I'm about to make my third payment ;) I think there are a few others that have been without a car since December. Sounds like we should all be getting an update around 5/17/23. Might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping to get mine back before June. Also, I definitely recommend calling Ford customer care.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm about to make my third payment ;) I think there are a few others that have been without a car since December. Sounds like we should all be getting an update around 5/17/23. Might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping to get mine back before June. Also, I definitely recommend calling Ford customer care.
What do you mean by this?: Sounds like we should all be getting an update around 5/17/23.

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn’t sure if reimbursing was an actual thing or no. I assumed no but telling friends about what’s happening they’re like “well sounds like Ford owes you a payment” and I just laughed and said yeah right, lucky I have a loaner I’m not paying for.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm at like 70ish days at dealers. Ford claims they are processing a debit card for one of my payments. They also are claiming they will give me an additional ESP however that's supposed to work. I did already purchase 8yr/100,000 mile ESP. They said they wouldn't extend the one I already had or the factory warranty while it's sitting and lapsing time away. But They said they would offer me a new one? So maybe they'll just offer me 10-year 100,000 mi? Still waiting for these things to happen. Extra 30 days got tacted on because the dealer had 5 months waiting on TSB parts to figure out they needed a tool and didn't figure that out until tear down. That tool is 30+ days back ordered as of about 10 days ago. I'm kinda just sitting around in Limbo and zero assurance since pretty much no consistent information on a fix being found.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be sure that the transmission tech doesnt break the plastic spacer clip. It is NOT part of the TSB, and if you break it, they say backorder is until May 15th. (My TSB was *started* Jan 4th.... my bronco is still there). Here is the retainer clip...

1682104988385.png

Here is what the buyback email looks

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX:

This correspondence serves as a confirmation that Ford Motor Company will offer to repurchase your vehicle under the terms of ID lemon law.

Please be aware this process will take an average of 30 days to complete.

I do need some background information on you & the vehicle to start with. Please answer the following questions:

1) What is the best phone number for you?
2) Is this the best email address for you?
3) I have XXXXXXXXXXXX as your address; is this correct?
4) Did you buy your vehicle from Granger Motors, Inc.?
5) Did you lease or purchase your vehicle? If purchased, was it new?
6) Did you finance your vehicle? If so, whom through?
7) Did you have any negative equity in the amount financed (traded in a vehicle that you still owed on)
8) Have you had any late fees since paying on the vehicle?
9) Did you have any aftermarket items added to the vehicle after purchase?
10) Is your vehicle operable?
11) Is there any damage, not considered normal wear or tear?
12) Is the vehicle currently with you or at the dealership? If dealership, which one?
13) Is the vehicle repairable; now or in the future?
14) Are you currently in a rental or plan to use a rental during our process?
15) Will there be any time in the next 30 days you are unavailable?

In order to present you with a formal offer, Ford Motor Company will require the following documents:

· A copy of the driver’s license of all titled owners
· A copy of the vehicle’s current registration
· A copy of the bill of sale/buyer’s order
· A copy of the finance contract
· A copy of the title application/vehicle transfer form from the dealership
· A payment history from your lienholder (if financed with Ford Motor Credit these documents will be transmitted to me automatically) detailing the payment amounts and the amounts going to principal and interest for every payment for the life of loan.
· A written payoff statement from your lienholder which includes the following information: A 10 day payoff amount including a daily interest rate (per diem), account number, collateral information, and overnight payoff address.

Please return the above information to me via fax at (877) 489-3091 ATTN: XXXXX Case# XXXXXX or by email (fastest) at [email protected]. Once this information is received, I can begin to formulate your formal offer. Please note that supplying Ford Motor Company with the requested documentation does not obligate you to accept any offer. You will have a chance to review the offer and ask any questions before you make a decision.

Currently there are 2 options for you to consider:

Repurchase
· Ford Motor Company [FMC] will pay off your current lienholder after the vehicle is surrendered.

· You will remain responsible for any loan payments until the buyback is complete.

· You will be reimbursed for any cash value you have put into the vehicle (including but not limited to: Base price, taxes, fees, & Ford extended warranties-as long as it’s been paid for & not provided for free), minus usage, rebates, & payoff balance; unless it’s a leased vehicle.
– If a leased vehicle, you will be reimbursed for any trade-in, payments, & down payments made, minus usage, negative equity late fees, aftermarket contracts, items, or accessories (if they do not fall within the refund).

· Any payments made on the vehicle that are not included in the repurchase figures will be refunded once the buyback is complete.

· If you choose to accept the repurchase Option, a private offer will be provided to you which will allow for a discount on a new Ford vehicle (exclusions apply), if you choose to purchase another Ford vehicle.

Cash and Keep

. This option is a cash settlement offer if you choose to keep your vehicle.

. You must be in possession of your vehicle to receive this option. All documents and information will still need to be completed in order to formulate this offer.

. This option does not remove the ability to choose to complete a repurchase in the future.

. If this offer is accepted you will be able to reopen / open a new case in the future if the vehicle is not repaired to standards. Any future case / settlement will have this payment deducted from its amounts.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm at like 70ish days at dealers. Ford claims they are processing a debit card for one of my payments. They also are claiming they will give me an additional ESP however that's supposed to work. I did already purchase 8yr/100,000 mile ESP. They said they wouldn't extend the one I already had or the factory warranty while it's sitting and lapsing time away. But They said they would offer me a new one? So maybe they'll just offer me 10-year 100,000 mi? Still waiting for these things to happen. Extra 30 days got tacted on because the dealer had 5 months waiting on TSB parts to figure out they needed a tool and didn't figure that out until tear down. That tool is 30+ days back ordered as of about 10 days ago. I'm kinda just sitting around in Limbo and zero assurance since pretty much no consistent information on a fix being found.
Ford Canada send me a cheque for the 70 odd days it was at my dealer. So they coveted all my payments in that window.

No mention of extra warranty

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Canada send me a cheque for the 70 odd days it was at my dealer. So they coveted all my payments in that window.

No mention of extra warranty
Nice to know. I am not shy and happy to press harder on Ford. As for the warranty mention, I specifically asked about it and mentioned that it's kind of unfair the warranty is going to tick away but I am without the vehicle.

Those that don't ask, don't get fed!

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is what the buyback email looks

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX:

This correspondence serves as a confirmation that Ford Motor Company will offer to repurchase your vehicle under the terms of ID lemon law.

Please be aware this process will take an average of 30 days to complete.

I do need some background information on you & the vehicle to start with. Please answer the following questions:

1) What is the best phone number for you?
2) Is this the best email address for you?
3) I have XXXXXXXXXXXX as your address; is this correct?
4) Did you buy your vehicle from Granger Motors, Inc.?
5) Did you lease or purchase your vehicle? If purchased, was it new?
6) Did you finance your vehicle? If so, whom through?
7) Did you have any negative equity in the amount financed (traded in a vehicle that you still owed on)
8) Have you had any late fees since paying on the vehicle?
9) Did you have any aftermarket items added to the vehicle after purchase?
10) Is your vehicle operable?
11) Is there any damage, not considered normal wear or tear?
12) Is the vehicle currently with you or at the dealership? If dealership, which one?
13) Is the vehicle repairable; now or in the future?
14) Are you currently in a rental or plan to use a rental during our process?
15) Will there be any time in the next 30 days you are unavailable?

In order to present you with a formal offer, Ford Motor Company will require the following documents:

· A copy of the driver’s license of all titled owners
· A copy of the vehicle’s current registration
· A copy of the bill of sale/buyer’s order
· A copy of the finance contract
· A copy of the title application/vehicle transfer form from the dealership
· A payment history from your lienholder (if financed with Ford Motor Credit these documents will be transmitted to me automatically) detailing the payment amounts and the amounts going to principal and interest for every payment for the life of loan.
· A written payoff statement from your lienholder which includes the following information: A 10 day payoff amount including a daily interest rate (per diem), account number, collateral information, and overnight payoff address.

Please return the above information to me via fax at (877) 489-3091 ATTN: XXXXX Case# XXXXXX or by email (fastest) at [email protected]. Once this information is received, I can begin to formulate your formal offer. Please note that supplying Ford Motor Company with the requested documentation does not obligate you to accept any offer. You will have a chance to review the offer and ask any questions before you make a decision.

Currently there are 2 options for you to consider:

Repurchase
· Ford Motor Company [FMC] will pay off your current lienholder after the vehicle is surrendered.

· You will remain responsible for any loan payments until the buyback is complete.

· You will be reimbursed for any cash value you have put into the vehicle (including but not limited to: Base price, taxes, fees, & Ford extended warranties-as long as it’s been paid for & not provided for free), minus usage, rebates, & payoff balance; unless it’s a leased vehicle.
– If a leased vehicle, you will be reimbursed for any trade-in, payments, & down payments made, minus usage, negative equity late fees, aftermarket contracts, items, or accessories (if they do not fall within the refund).

· Any payments made on the vehicle that are not included in the repurchase figures will be refunded once the buyback is complete.

· If you choose to accept the repurchase Option, a private offer will be provided to you which will allow for a discount on a new Ford vehicle (exclusions apply), if you choose to purchase another Ford vehicle.

Cash and Keep

. This option is a cash settlement offer if you choose to keep your vehicle.

. You must be in possession of your vehicle to receive this option. All documents and information will still need to be completed in order to formulate this offer.

. This option does not remove the ability to choose to complete a repurchase in the future.

. If this offer is accepted you will be able to reopen / open a new case in the future if the vehicle is not repaired to standards. Any future case / settlement will have this payment deducted from its amounts.
Wonder why they specifically asked if you purchased it from Granger!?

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is pretty wild. Granger must be infamous at Ford HQ.
It shouldn't matter as they look at the vehicle purchase agreement and amount paid on the official document. ...But yes, strange...

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice to know. I am not shy and happy to press harder on Ford. As for the warranty mention, I specifically asked about it and mentioned that it's kind of unfair the warranty is going to tick away but I am without the vehicle.

Those that don't ask, don't get fed!
I have an extended warranty as well but I will outlive rhe 100, 000 miles before I hit the years so it's not a big deal for me.

Trooper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have any luck finding a dealer to perform the TSB in the Long Island or NY metropolitan area? It seems like there is a severe shortage of transmission techs in my area . . .
Sponsored