First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right there with you, brother. From my morning commute today. My airbags deployed, but no fluids leaking.

If anybody wants to chime in with their totaled/fixable thoughts, I’m all ears. More details here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-2023-shadow-black-base-experience.63687/post-1802754
Crazy, looks like you barely took any damage, but your airbags went off. Ours took way more damage apparently but didn’t set off airbags. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry to see your Bronco like this! Other than airbags, seems like simple repairs with nothing structural.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@jwysopal Any word yet from the insurance company? Has the adjuster been out yet to inspect?
Not much yet. They are scheduled to check it out tomorrow I believe. And I can’t get police report about the guilty party for ~10 days after incident, sometimes they release early though.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
dammmm! so sorry to see this happen, hope every one is ok!

assuming its not totaled let me know if I can help.
I have front fenders, grill, bumper, High package headlights, ucas, tie rods, shocks etc.

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
dammmm! so sorry to see this happen, hope every one is ok!

assuming its not totaled let me know if I can help.
I have front fenders, grill, bumper, High package headlights, ucas, tie rods, shocks etc.
Thanks! Appreciate it ✌

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sadly, my Bronco was hit head on while stopped at a red light, by a dude high on meth! He hit about 3 cars, but the Bronco took the brunt of the impact.

BUT, the Bronco front end crushed where it needed to and protected my wife inside! And that’s all that matters.

I always drive the Bronco to work, even though I have a long drive, because well, it’s a Bronco, and it drives amazing!

For some reason, I told my wife to take the Bronco to work that morning, and I drove her hybrid to work.

Now to wait and find out if this will be a high dollar repair job, or if it will be a total loss.
What do you think? Not sure if any portions of the frame were bent, which usually writes it off as totaled immediately. I guess we’ll see!

Sad day, but again, just glad my wife was safe inside the Bronco when this happened.

And even though i’m upset at the meth head who crashed into everyone, I’m glad he was ok and didn’t get severely hurt in the crash. (and if you’re wondering why I say meth head, we all saw the pipes and lighters in the drivers seat)

Looks like coolant was leaking out, but the Bronco still started right up and tow truck driver drove it right up the back of the flat tow.

Now to wait for the insurance process.
3AB4FC28-DE91-4F2A-ACC4-7AA5242DA426.jpeg
D9DFB15B-D781-4BBB-8DC5-8ED199876034.jpeg
404DC395-FD84-4DEC-912E-2764982BD9C2.jpeg
C8AD2681-AFDB-4915-92C3-974F8622DE4D.jpeg
5C8C6307-DFA2-4C89-94AC-7B3E0E13E379.jpeg
Yikes.. so sorry to see this. Your bronco looks like it had a lot of time and effort poured into it. I hope you're able to get it fixed without being set back too much. Sending you lots of good luck friend.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, my Bronco was hit head on while stopped at a red light, by a dude high on meth! He hit about 3 cars, but the Bronco took the brunt of the impact.

Now to wait for the insurance process.
3AB4FC28-DE91-4F2A-ACC4-7AA5242DA426.jpeg
404DC395-FD84-4DEC-912E-2764982BD9C2.jpeg
To give you some perspective, I purchased my Bronco from a Salvage Auction after it had been Totaled. All airbags intact. Your Bronco looks 1000X worse....... My first pic below is from the auction house before I purchased it. The next pictures are how it arrived to me on Day 1. Yes, these are pictures of a SALVAGE Title Bronco.

nYsRUCA.png

qnscydA.jpg

W9PeP4o.jpg

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To give you some perspective, I purchased my Bronco from a Salvage Auction after it had been Totaled. All airbags intact. Your Bronco looks 1000X worse....... My first pic below is from the auction house before I purchased it. The next pictures are how it arrived to me on Day 1. Yes, these are pictures of a SALVAGE Title Bronco.
Wow! That’s crazy, good example to reference. Thanks! ✌

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going to bet it is totalled, but it will be rebuilt by someone.

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am going to bet it is totalled, but it will be rebuilt by someone.
Yep, if it’s totaled, I sure hope it gets rebuilt by someone!

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First and foremost I am glad that your wifey is ok, it is sad for a much loved vehicle to have to be sacrificed, but at the end of the day it is just a "THING" and those can be replaced. I am sorry to see the amount of damage to the Bronco, especially due to the availability of a replacement Broncos and the current ordering situation.
I agree with the others that should his insurance company NOT total out your Bronco, I would request a subsidy to adjust for loss of value. My insurance company USAA did this for me when my sons car was hit by an Uber Driver and totaled out. Talk to your insurance and make them do all the work, thats why you pay them.

Again, glad that all is well! I hope that you can hit the trails soon!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
****UPDATE****

Insurance will be spending $20,000 to repair my Bronco!

The good thing is, it’s really just exterior parts, with new radiator and hoses to be done. So I’m genuinely happy to know I’ll be getting my Bronco back out on the road.

Now just the likely LONG wait for all the parts to come in for replacement.

Ford Bronco TOTALED!? or Fixable?? We’ll find out soon! 88412241-B7A9-485E-AD78-54872C45558E

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

****UPDATE****

Insurance will be spending $20,000 to repair my Bronco!

The good thing is, it’s really just exterior parts, with new radiator and hoses to be done. So I’m genuinely happy to know I’ll be getting my Bronco back out on the road.

Now just the likely LONG wait for all the parts to come in for replacement.
Awesome news!

The insurance adjuster for our 2018 Expedition estimated in the $20K range but ended up at $36K with three months worth of waiting. Came a lot closer to totaling out in the end than I expected, and the repair shop actually had to commission a local guy to replicate a wiring harness that is eternally out of stock.

I would suggest at this point talking to the repair shop and seeing which parts are going to be difficult to source, then seeing if there are aftermarket replacements for the backordered stuff (Steel bumper, Morimoto headlights, or ADV quarter panels, for example). If you were thinking of upgrading already, and some of that stuff is on the wait list, you could end up spending a lot less for the upgrade by just paying the difference (or in some cases, lowering the cost) and not having to wait as long for replacement parts. Just a thought to get you on the road a little sooner, some shops will work with you a lot more than others.

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome news!

The insurance adjuster for our 2018 Expedition estimated in the $20K range but ended up at $36K with three months worth of waiting. Came a lot closer to totaling out in the end than I expected, and the repair shop actually had to commission a local guy to replicate a wiring harness that is eternally out of stock.

I would suggest at this point talking to the repair shop and seeing which parts are going to be difficult to source, then seeing if there are aftermarket replacements for the backordered stuff (Steel bumper, Morimoto headlights, or ADV quarter panels, for example). If you were thinking of upgrading already, and some of that stuff is on the wait list, you could end up spending a lot less for the upgrade by just paying the difference (or in some cases, lowering the cost) and not having to wait as long for replacement parts. Just a thought to get you on the road a little sooner, some shops will work with you a lot more than others.

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. I’m curious if the the HD steel bumper will be hard to get, so I’ll be talking to them about alternatives if the need arises.
Thanks!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. I’m curious if the the HD steel bumper will be hard to get, so I’ll be talking to them about alternatives if the need arises.
Thanks!
Possibly, I would imagine it's going to depend more on parking sensor availability than the bumper itself...but perhaps if they're more or less universal parts, stock might be plentiful. Total guess, I don't really know, most of the parts we waited on with the expy were electrical.
Sponsored