Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you make the adjustments?
dammit........I "think" it is using the in dash display and the buttons on the steering wheel. I will try
to figure it out again lol. I spent about an hour going through just about every setting and configuration menu on the truck. It does a lot more than people think.
Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you make the adjustments?
ok its in the sync 4 menu on the dash.....there are also a couple videos out there. When I got my Bronco it did not have the ambient lighting turned on. I stumbled across it during set up and turned it on.

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every think of just pushing them a little more forward towards the window?
This is slightly helpful but still too long. Literally if they removed an inch it would be better. Then again not everyone is as tall as I am lol. But even still I think they are a little too long, in compared to the size of the window.

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
dammit........I "think" it is using the in dash display and the buttons on the steering wheel. I will try
to figure it out again lol. I spent about an hour going through just about every setting and configuration menu on the truck. It does a lot more than people think.
Keep us up to date though

olooney

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if water is getting under the floor liner here?
There still seemed to be a good seel at that point. Water was just sitting there. I believe some people are saying the water may be getting in near where the rubberized mats meet the point where the seats are anchored into the floor. Not sure.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't you have a cabin light on the rear roll bar cross member? I accidently found that I had to turn it on with a button in the above console by the front row overhead light buttons.
Hmmm

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would guess the controls switched to the left side of the wheel because of the manual transmission option. I wonder if the Mustang has controls on the left?
Yes, Mustang's audio controls (Vol +/-, previous/next track, and mute) are on the left spoke. Cruise control below them on the left side.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Overall i'm really stoked with my First Edition. All my annoyances are minor except one.

- Horn honk on exit. I have property and have 2 gates to open/close when I pull my bronco out of the shop and leave for the day. I'm sure my neighbors loved the first few days when I'd leave at 5:30 am and the Bronco was honking away. hahaha I will adjust with ForScan
- Clicking in the hardtop. I read this could be fixed with some flacking tape on the metal tabs. I'm going to try this when it comes back from being Xpel wrapped this week.
- But the biggest one. I freaking HATE where the grab handles are. They are useless getting in and out of the Bronco for me and anyone else that gets in. I bashed my knee so hard on the drivers side one that it drew blood. I think i'm going to to just remove the driver side one for now until I figure out what to do.

Other those things, which are pretty minor i've been really please with a first year brand new model truck. Power is good, Drives great, brakes are great, comfortable on longer trips. I don't regret my purchase at all.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window visors are just way too large. I'm 6'6 and when I put those down, half my vision is lost.... Something just a little smaller, would have been a much better choice.
They pivot ya know 🤷
You don't always have to drop them straight down.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't you have a cabin light on the rear roll bar cross member? I accidently found that I had to turn it on with a button in the above console by the front row overhead light buttons.
This! 👆🏻
Mine is on and it lights up the back nicely.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 1100 miles my only complaint is the 4cyl sounds terrible. Not the exhaust note, the actual engine at idle rattles. My gf thought somethingwas wrong with it it sounds so bad. The jbl soundbar makes the rear window useless but I expected that, and the sound quality is good enough for me, so fair trade off. What's weird is when I remote start it the rear defrost turns on. No idea why
Yeah, it's pretty unrefined sounding. I thought they plumbed in "V8" noise...
They sound much better on the YouTube vids I've seen of them standing on it. 🤷
Mine idles as smooth as butter though.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The digital cockpit is kinda oddly set up. I think the analog speedometer is somewhat redundant and the screen interface isn’t that great. It’s not terrible but way too much real estate for two speedometers. Fuel and temp are also kinda quirky.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is slightly helpful but still too long. Literally if they removed an inch it would be better. Then again not everyone is as tall as I am lol. But even still I think they are a little too long, in compared to the size of the window.
Is your seat too high? You're probably cranked up because of your height.

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They pivot ya know 🤷
You don't always have to drop them straight down.
Yea but also they hit the windshield and there is no more room to push them further. It’s not a big deal lol, just a little observation.

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is your seat too high? You're probably cranked up because of your height.
I’m actually all the way down and back. It’s prob more a factor because I’m tall.
Sponsored