First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have a reservation, but after the last production pull I was wondering the difference between walk in vs reservation. Is walk-ins put behind reservations and if the dealer can’t match the available options to their reservations it goes to walk in orders? Or are walk-ins on a separate list? Or is this whole thing a dumpster fire and no one really knows the greater Ford master plan?
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've put a plan in motion, I'm testing to see if this is the case. I ordered a 4dr BD 2.7 MIC Mid Sas vs my reservation 2dr BL 2.7 Mid.

See what gets pulled first lol. I'm betting the 4dr even though it has MIC and just ordered

OP
OP
Dambro

Dambro

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've put a plan in motion, I'm testing to see if this is the case. I ordered a 4dr BD 2.7 MIC Mid Sas vs my reservation 2dr BL 2.7 Mid.

See what gets pulled first lol. I'm betting the 4dr even though it has MIC and just ordered
Definitely keep up to date with that, was thinking of ordering at a new dealer walk-in or moving the reservation. But don’t want to be to hasty if it doesn’t really matter.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely keep up to date with that, was thinking of ordering at a new dealer walk-in or moving the reservation. But don’t want to be to hasty if it doesn’t really matter.
Most likely won't, but at this point I'm kinda trying anything

Sponsored

Johare11

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Plymouth Sport Satellite
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am considering a second order also, but I agree that this whole thing is a hot mess of a dumpster fire.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

real test would be if you walked in and oder the exact same Bronco as your reservation order.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it depend what you order the more you have on your Bronco longer it well take because Ford is using the parts they are getting to build the simple Broncos because they can build more Broncos that way.Ford is hoping people who placed reservations back in 2020 give up so they can get 2022 and 2023 MSRP and not 2021 MSRP for the Bronco.

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 SVT Terminator Cobra, Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I walk in ordered my bronco on 11/3/21, following week on 11/15 I made a few changes to my order and 3 days later on 11/18 I received my first projected build date and VIN. My dealer said that I jumped ahead of many reservation holders who had not received a build date / VIN at that point.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The question to ask your dealer each month is 1. What number am I at on your allocation list? How many units were you allocated in each of the past three months.
From that information you can ascertain how much your build is being bypassed by other builds at your dealership.

Sponsored

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have a reservation, but after the last production pull I was wondering the difference between walk in vs reservation. Is walk-ins put behind reservations and if the dealer can’t match the available options to their reservations it goes to walk in orders? Or are walk-ins on a separate list? Or is this whole thing a dumpster fire and no one really knows the greater Ford master plan?
Ford Bronco Walk-in vs reservation 1643198900753
@Ford Motor Company

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reservation timestamp is only relevant with respect to other orders at the same dealer. Ultimately, allocation is king.

With the change in allocation rules for MY'22, I was placed in allocation purgatory. I tried to move my reservation order, but quickly realized that was another false claim by Ford. A week after MY'22 order banks opened, I placed 3 identical orders at different dealerships in addition to rolling over my reservation order.

Reservation Order: 2-dr OBX 2.3L High Tow
Identical Walk-In Orders: 2-dr BD 2.3L Tow

Not much difference between the two. I still maintained the 2-dr with the default constrained MIC top and the tow package that has been constrained from the beginning.

Received a VIN and build date for one of my walk-in orders last week. Canceled the others and will keep my reservation order rolling over so that I'll trade-in the holdover Bronco until my time in allocation purgatory is over.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically a walk in at dealership B will get their Bronco long before reservation holder at dealership A because dealership B sold more Ford Escapes in 2018. Ford doesn't care that you have supported this endeavor for a year and a half either.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dumpster fire about sums it up. I've seen people walking in and ordering and getting scheduled the same week. And their builds are identical to people who are Day 1. Biggest thing right now is allocations. Then constraints. I don't think reservations and time stamps even come into play anymore.

I'll admit I currently have two orders with two different dealers and I'm about ready to place a third with yet another dealer. My first order is with Chapman. And they are completely transparent so I know I won't be scheduled this year. Maybe not even next year. The second one selling at invoice talked a good game at first. But now wont' give me any indication of outstanding orders or allocations. I'm hoping the third will be much more transparent than #2. If not I'm throwing in the towel, waiting it out and see which one gets pulled first. I don't have time to play the dealer search game.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

real test would be if you walked in and oder the exact same Bronco as your reservation order.
I did this, although my reservation was 8-4-21 so not an early one. Ordered Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch Lux Soft top tow on 8-9 (reordered 10-18).
Was told I was in a long line so I ordered another at a different dealer-
Order date 11-1-21. Badlands 2.7 Lux soft top (no tow or Sasquatch).
I dropped tow from my first order around the same time.
Received 2/7 build dates for both in December. Both pushed to 2/14.
Sponsored