Hisham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know this question has been posted a few times but I still cannot grasp the difference between them. A few days ago there was a thread for people who got their production dates. Most of the people commenting on it keep referencing "Reservation date....., order date......." the difference between those dates can be either a few weeks or several months. Is a reservation basically a pre-order? and an order is basically once Ford confirms that they got your order?
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservations ended sometime in 2021. Anything after that are simply walk-in orders.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On July 13 2020, Ford announced the New Bronco and they opened up a website where you could put down a $100 deposit and make a reservation. Ford said that they would build broncos in the order that the reservations were received. So tens of thousands of rabid bronco fans swamped the website and made a reservation so they could be among the first people to receive a bronco.
Ford kept the reservation website open for many months maybe even a year. Some time in late 2020 or early 2021 Ford opened up the order books and people were allowed to contact a Ford dealer and convert their reservation into a real order for a Bronco. The reservation system has been closed and does not apply to anyone trying to place an order for a Bronco today.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this question has been posted a few times but I still cannot grasp the difference between them. A few days ago there was a thread for people who got their production dates. Most of the people commenting on it keep referencing "Reservation date....., order date......." the difference between those dates can be either a few weeks or several months. Is a reservation basically a pre-order? and an order is basically once Ford confirms that they got your order?
Honestly reservation date means nothing except you told ford you may want one and you gave them 100 bucks. The only date I believe to be germane to actual delivery waiting is order date.
Someone who had a reservation and did not order for a year can't blame Ford for not building a vehicle they had pictured in thier head.
I have waited 11 months, a true 11 months I ordered Dec 20 2021.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It doesn't matter

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On July 13 2020, Ford announced the New Bronco and they opened up a website where you could put down a $100 deposit and make a reservation. Ford said that they would build broncos in the order that the reservations were received. So tens of thousands of rabid bronco fans swamped the website and made a reservation so they could be among the first people to receive a bronco.
Ford kept the reservation website open for many months maybe even a year. Some time in late 2020 or early 2021 Ford opened up the order books and people were allowed to contact a Ford dealer and convert their reservation into a real order for a Bronco. The reservation system has been closed and does not apply to anyone trying to place an order for a Bronco today.
If only someone on this website had a timeline sort of concept that documented all these prehistoric steps…………..

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those who dropped a $100 on a reservation have received a wealth of gifts in return, it's been basically Christmas every other month since. You my friend are but a peasant.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reservations are so 2020.