B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone,

New to the forum (1st post - wow this place is great). This Labor Day I went into my local Ford dealer and placed an order for a 2 Door Badlands. The salesman was very helpful and we essentially built one on the Ford website, he printed everything out, we made sure it was accurate and then signed some dealer paperwork & put down a $500 deposit for the car. He made very clear that I'm likely looking at end of 2022, early 2023 for delivery. I gave him a call today because I hadn't received any sort of email from Ford or the dealership regarding the order and he confirmed that "The order was definitely placed i just verified with my manager". I asked him about getting some sort of reference number for tracking my order and he replied with "You will have to wait until they allow 2022 reservations to be available as they are not right now."

My question is what is the difference between my dealer "order" and getting a reservation for a 2022 model? I understand that reservations are now closed for all 2021 models but was under the assumption that going directly into the dealer kind of bypassed the need for a reservation. Will I still need to make a reservation once they become available if I've already placed an order through my dealer?

Thanks in advance - tried finding this similar issue on the forum but didn't have any luck.
Sponsored

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should have received something already. I did the same thing you did on Saturday the 4th and had an email confirmation in minutes….

OP
OP
bob.walnut12

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should have received something already. I did the same thing you did on Saturday the 4th and had an email confirmation in minutes….
Was it an email from Ford? Did you get a reservation number?

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a written copy of my order from the dealer with the order number. The email is just a summary of the order, but is from Ford.

I had another dealer tell me they couldn’t order at all. So I would think maybe your dealer is AFU

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$500 deposit?? It was only $100 before - is this the new price or did they scam you?

Sponsored
OP
OP
bob.walnut12

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a written copy of my order from the dealer with the order number. The email is just a summary of the order, but is from Ford.

I had another dealer tell me they couldn’t order at all. So I would think maybe your dealer is AFU
got it. what does 'AFU' stand for? what's the alternative to a dealer being an AFU dealer?

OP
OP
bob.walnut12

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$500 deposit?? It was only $100 before - is this the new price or did they scam you?
I live in the Warrington, PA area. Fred Beans Ford in Doylestown/Langhorne was doing $500 deposits, John Kennedy Ford in Jenkintown was also doing $500 deposits and Chapman Ford in Hatboro was doing $0 deposits but a salesman told me they had 400+ reservations.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honesty mate - I wouldn’t worry too much about it. You’re SOO far down the line that you’ll definitely have to re-order when the MY22 order banks open and maybe even again for MY23. I’d keep an eye out for when the order banks open up, redo your order and call your dealer and then re-order with them.
I ordered a few months ago and never got a confirmation from Ford but I did call the Bronco customer service number and they confirmed that my order had been placed. Once you re-order for MY22, then I’d follow up shortly thereafter with bronco customer service.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honesty mate - I wouldn’t worry too much about it. You’re SOO far down the line that you’ll definitely have to re-order when the MY22 order banks open and maybe even again for MY23. I’d keep an eye out for when the order banks open up, redo your order and call your dealer and then re-order with them.
I ordered a few months ago and never got a confirmation from Ford but I did call the Bronco customer service number and they confirmed that my order had been placed. Once you re-order for MY22, then I’d follow up shortly thereafter with bronco customer service.
the way its going some people who put in reservation in 2020 well be MY23 I put one in on 8/17/20 for a 2 door and I be surprised to get before next summer ,crap I be surprise to get it before this date next year .

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What you received is called a DORA >> Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement .

A DORA is good to have as it means Ford has acknowledged the order.

BUT ... if you placed an order recently then 99% you will not get it until late 2022 or early 2023.

The reason why Ford stopped the reservations process is that they have come to the realization that they can't build all the reservations they have currently in 2022.

Once the 2022 B&P comes online, you will prob need to update your order anyway. And if you get pushed into 2023 then you will have to reorder again.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The order was not placed with Ford as the order banks for 2022 are not currently open.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2022 Order banks opens tomorrow

• 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

The order was not placed with Ford as the order banks for 2022 are not currently open.
Sponsored