mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m starting this thread to consolidate information on the impact of dealer allocation to reservation dates. I’ve talked to some dealers (mine included) that have many more reservations than allocations. I’ve heard of dealers that have more allocations than reservations (perhaps an urban legend, but I heard it from a dealer). Given all the chatter on unscrupulous or clueless dealers, a lot of folks may be considering a dealer switch. A lot of dealers have published clear pricing guidelines, which have brought them a lot of transfers.
My question is, if we move to a popular dealer, will we lose our chance at a ‘21 allocation? There are all the factors of folks wanting late availability items, MY’22 specs, cancellations, etc. If you’re on the bubble (not first day, but July), what’s the best strategy to get a MY’21?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hasn't Ford stated multiple times that no dealer will have more allocations than reservations?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I’m starting this thread to consolidate information on the impact of dealer allocation to reservation dates. I’ve talked to some dealers (mine included) that have many more reservations than allocations. I’ve heard of dealers that have more allocations than reservations (perhaps an urban legend, but I heard it from a dealer). Given all the chatter on unscrupulous or clueless dealers, a lot of folks may be considering a dealer switch. A lot of dealers have published clear pricing guidelines, which have brought them a lot of transfers.
My question is, if we move to a popular dealer, will we lose our chance at a ‘21 allocation? There are all the factors of folks wanting late availability items, MY’22 specs, cancellations, etc. If you’re on the bubble (not first day, but July), what’s the best strategy to get a MY’21?
Did you search for the other dozen threads that discussed this at lenght? That is where you will find your answers.

BroncoBLMT

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Silverado, & Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you move to a popular dealer, you definitely have a chance of missing out on a 2021 allocation. Unfortunately, you can miss the 2021 mark with most dealers.

OP
OP
mdk100

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve read all the posts. I can’t imagine having a full time job and keeping up with all this S@$t. But the dealer allocation model throws a spin on the reservation scheme. Ford isn’t allocating Bronco’s just by reservation time stamp. Dealer allocation now figures into that. I’m trying to sort out how that will work to my benefit or detriment if I transfer dealers. Given all the new dealer dynamics, I thought others might benefit from a clear discussion.

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve read all the posts. I can’t imagine having a full time job and keeping up with all this S@$t. But the dealer allocation model throws a spin on the reservation scheme. Ford isn’t allocating Bronco’s just by reservation time stamp. Dealer allocation now figures into that. I’m trying to sort out how that will work to my benefit or detriment if I transfer dealers. Given all the new dealer dynamics, I thought others might benefit from a clear discussion.
Per Ford PDF:

Bronco Allocation Formula for 2021
50% - dealer converted reservations
25% - dealer retail sales share of nation (volume)
25% - wrangler/4runner registrations in dealer PMA

So you need to find a high volume dealer, with lots of converted reservations, and zip codes where people own a lot of Wranglers

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is not news, the forum has known that for months. There are thousands of posts explaining every facet of possiblies.

To many users are unprepared to search for answers themselves on one of the most popular subjects in months and expect everyone to explain a dozen possible outcomes. Sorry you are late to the party, here are all the answers.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.