Reservation Priority vs Dealer Priority and Allocation

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From past experience, I know that Ford dealerships are typically allocated a set number of vehicles and are allowed to prioritize their customer orders. Naturally this would allow dealers to rank more profitable orders ahead of others so that they have a higher chance of being built.

How does this system work with reservations? I think I read where Ford plans to more or less follow reservation order priority. Does that mean dealer no longer has control of which order gets built first?
Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to dealers I've seen on here, these will not count against allocation. There wont be allocations until all the reserved Broncos are built and delivered.

OP
OP

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
According to dealers I've seen on here, these will not count against allocation. There wont be allocations until all the reserved Broncos are built and delivered.
This is good news! Hard to believe though, that they would potentially open it up for a small number of well-publicized low-cost dealers to scoop up a huge number of deliveries.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is good news! Hard to believe though, that they would potentially open it up for a small number of well-publicized low-cost dealers to scoop up a huge number of deliveries.
I agree. In fact, I've worried about the impact that would have on the process as a whole. I hope it would motivate the smaller volume dealers to, at the very least, forgo any attempt at a mark-up. Then again, it could have the opposite effect. If a few dealerships are soaking up volume share, the smaller places may be more likely to add mark-up to greater profit from the few they get.

Then again my wife says I'm too paranoid . . . I think she's plotting against me.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the pricing for reservations should be good. Problem i see is I don't think anyone expected reservations to fill the year. A few issues with this. First, the few mannequin and backed out of units are likely to set ADM records. Second is I think this system will get smaller dealers far more units than they'd get through allocation, i don't think the large dealers that normally get most of the allocation (and are responsible for the big ADMs) are going to be happy ( and I'm sure they'll let Ford know). I think this reservation system is a great idea, just that Bronco is hotter than we ever imagined. Third issue is the dealers that didn't sign up for reservations wont be getting any Broncos other than the first mannequin units. They could have signed up so its their mistake, but I don't think any dealers thought things would be this big that retail orders wouldn't happen.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the pricing for reservations should be good. Problem i see is I don't think anyone expected reservations to fill the year. A few issues with this. First, the few mannequin and backed out of units are likely to set ADM records. Second is I think this system will get smaller dealers far more units than they'd get through allocation, i don't think the large dealers that normally get most of the allocation (and are responsible for the big ADMs) are going to be happy ( and I'm sure they'll let Ford know). I think this reservation system is a great idea, just that Bronco is hotter than we ever imagined. Third issue is the dealers that didn't sign up for reservations wont be getting any Broncos other than the first mannequin units. They could have signed up so its their mistake, but I don't think any dealers thought things would be this big that retail orders wouldn't happen.
sorry for the dumb question but what does adm stand for

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
additional dealer markup (over sticker)

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sorry for the dumb question but what does adm stand for
ADM = Additional Dealer Markup

So charging over the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) is considered ADM.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADM = Additional Dealer Markup

So charging over the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) is considered ADM.
thank you!!!!

Bronco4u

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ram1500,17 f650,92 bronco,03 2500hd,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Additional dealer markup . ADM