Sponsored

Who has priority? me with a reservation and no order vs going into the dealership and placing an order?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do I have priority over someone walking in the door and placing an order? My reservation 7/30/21 and I assume not able to order until the '22 order banks come out
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do I have priority over someone walking in the door and placing an order? My reservation 7/30/21 and I assume not able to order until the '22 order banks come out
Depends on the builds. If they were exactly the same, a reservation holder would have priority. You can order right now if you want. Some dealers aren't doing it though.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All things created equal, the reservation holder does, but the commodity shortages have forced Ford to manufacture what they can. The system moves down the reservation/order list. If they don't have the parts to build a vehicle for someone that has a day 1 reservation, it keeps moving on until there's an order that can be built. With the popularity of certain options, it's conceivable that someone with a very new reservation could avoid all of the deadly build sins and get a very basic build much earlier than someone who ordered early on but ordered with lots of options that are in short supply.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the builds. If they were exactly the same, a reservation holder would have priority. You can order right now if you want. Some dealers aren't doing it though.
Thanks. I see no use of ordering now unless others are getting ahead of me by not doing so. Since that's not true I will wait on the 22 order banks.

Thanks again

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure the Reservation system ended last week. I don't know if any ol Joe can go into the dealership and make a reservation anymore

Sponsored
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure the Reservation system ended last week. I don't know if any ol Joe can go into the dealership and make a reservation anymore
I didn't say make a reservation. I said if they go in and order do they get ahead me- the guy with a reservation but no order

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Reservation holder with timestamp has priority. If you walk in, you are a "retail order without a timestamp". From Ford's FAQs when the res system closed:

I have a customer with an early reservation, how can I ensure they are being prioritized? The scheduling system will continue to pull orders based on customers reservation timestamp. As the systems runs out of buildable orders because of commodities, it will move down the list until it finds an order that is buildable. Scheduling prioritizes retail orders with a timestamp first, retail orders without a timestamp second, and stock orders last.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't say make a reservation. I said if they go in and order do they get ahead me- the guy with a reservation but no order
Ford says that time of reservation matters, but it doesn't really. If they go in and order a Bronco and have no constraints they could be built before you

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford says that time of reservation matters, but it doesn't really. If they go in and order a Bronco and have no constraints they could be built before you
Your first sentence isn’t accurate at all. Read the FAQ I posted above to understand how it works. Your second sentence is possible, but only because your unit ahead of it wasn’t buildable and was thus skipped, but the scheduling system goes in timestamp order to schedule units.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your first sentence isn’t accurate at all. Read the FAQ I posted above to understand how it works. Your second sentence is possible, but only because your unit ahead of it wasn’t buildable and was thus skipped, but the scheduling system goes in timestamp order to schedule units.
I've just seen enough Day 1 people get pushed to MY22 and March reservations go through with the same options to not believe what Ford says publicly. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa, wait .... no order?
Clarify.
Did you go into or deal with a dealer to submit an actual order yet?
A reservation that does not get converted to an order is worthless.

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the order....Have a first day reservation, VIN and several build dates and am waiting on mine (BL 2.7 LUX with MIC and Tow), whereas, another without a reservation ordered his(BB 2.3 manual Mid Soft top and no tow) just over a month ago and is driving around as of last week.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..... and then there is the dealer allocation model that further erodes the integrity of the timestamp.
Consider that a dealer with a strong online presence might have way more day 1 reservations than they have allocation..... those day 1's that don't make the cut might have to wait awhile, while small town Ford dealer gets into their October 2020 reservations.
It's a mess really.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..... and then there is the dealer allocation model that further erodes the integrity of the timestamp.
Consider that a dealer with a strong online presence might have way more day 1 reservations than they have allocation..... those day 1's that don't make the cut might have to wait awhile, while small town Ford dealer gets into their October 2020 reservations.
It's a mess really.
This is pretty much what happened to me. I'm a late reservation that ended up with a VIN and build date. I got pushed back a bunch, but my dealership had very few orders so there was really no competition.
Sponsored