First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi All, I’m looking to see if anyone knows of an existing thread that breaks down the process Ford uses (or says they use) for determining dealer allocations and priority for building orders. I have a reservation date of 7/11/21 and finally converted to an order on 2/11/22. I know many of y’all have been waiting for over a year, and I plan to be in that position as well, but I’ve seen it mentioned more than once that the dealer you order through and their allocations plays a major part in how quickly your order gets filled. I ordered mine through a dealer 5 hours away, and they have been easy to work with and guaranteed (for whatever that’s worth) to stick to MSRP, but I’d consider placing a new order with one of the dealers closer if it meant I would increase my chances of getting one sooner.

Also, I’ve seen quite a few links to order trackers and other tools to track your order once it has been scheduled for production, but is there anything that gives insight into where an order is in line that isn’t scheduled for production yet?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated!
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah yes, the Lagrangian of the Standard Model, the keycode to understanding (essentially) everything in the physics of the Universe! Except gravity.

The answer surely is in there... somewhere.

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could'nt stop myself but post this..

giphy.gif

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers allocations and the builds in front of you are the biggest factors to getting scheduled. There is no way to determine a dealers allocations except to ask them. Build priority is still allegedly given to res timestamp but if Ford doesn't have the parts to build your you will get skipped and the next buildable unit pulled. The next month the build que starts at the beginning and runs down the dealers list again looking for buildable units. There is no way to determine where you stand in the unscheduled line. The best way to figure that out is to have a conversation with your dealer about their allocations and number of orders and it is still all guess in timeframe.

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers allocations and the builds in front of you are the biggest factors to getting scheduled. There is no way to determine a dealers allocations except to ask them. Build priority is still allegedly given to res timestamp but if Ford doesn't have the parts to build your you will get skipped and the next buildable unit pulled. The next month the build que starts at the beginning and runs down the dealers list again looking for buildable units. There is no way to determine where you stand in the unscheduled line. The best way to figure that out is to have a conversation with your dealer about their allocations and number of orders and it is still all guess in timeframe.
Exactly…and I think it is misinformation people spread here about Rez order not being a factor anymore. I think they need to understand that the Rez order is NOT relative to ALL timestamps globally, but only specific to their selling dealership’s Rez orders. It is also VERY dependent upon that dealership’s specific allocation, and general parts availability at the Ford plant, as you stated above. My dealer gives me my position updates such as this:

“Here is the latest:

14th OVERALL
12th AMONG 4 DOOR ORDERS
6TH AMONGST NON-LUX PKG ALL TRIMS
2ND AMONGST NON-LUX PKG BADLANDS”

You also have to keep in mind that if someone that has an earlier Rez timestamp AT YOUR DEALERSHIP alters their order by eliminating constraints that have been holding them back, they will end up extending your position by being selected before you because of their timestamp, and the numbers above change. It’s very fluid.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Delivery date factors:
Reservation
- Orders are based on when you reserved your Bronco.
Dealer Priority - Dealers can select priority customers to move to the front of the line.
Allocation - your dealer has an allocation number. This is the number of Broncos they will get in 22, your reservation and priority factor into delivery date.
Supply and demand - There are "deadly sins" Due to supply and demand combinations of items on your order will delay it until all components are available to process build. Two Door, Wildtrak, 2.7 Engine, Lux Package, SAS, ManSquatch, and Tow are examples

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah yes, the Lagrangian of the Standard Model, the keycode to understanding (essentially) everything in the physics of the Universe! Except gravity.

The answer surely is in there... somewhere.
I was going to add a bit more theory but why mess with the perfect answer.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The allocation formula, which I believe is your core question takes sales factors into account for different models and some unknown to us factors. The biggest thing to understand is that the current formula they use to determine how many allocations a dealer gets does NOT in any way consider the number of reservation orders that exist at the individual dealerships. That means that Ford does not prioritize reservations over dealer stock or walk in orders when deciding how many Broncos a dealer gets. A reservation timestamp only helps determine within the individual dealers who is serviced. It makes no difference if a dealer has all their reservations filled and is ordering dealer stock for the lot or if they have 200 reservations waiting since 2020 as to how many a dealer gets.
Sponsored