First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I laugh every time I see someone comment they look good. It's only a render folks. :rolleyes: They don't even have a real top fitted according to ADV yet, so even they don't know if it's going to work.
Well at least we do know what the Ford MIC top looks like... and it ain't good.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well at least we do know what the Ford MIC top looks like... and it ain't good.
A few things it has going for it though is it has 3 removable sections. It works with the Sunrider and it only costs $695 if you order on a build.

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gotcha, well if you see a 4 dr, soft top, CG, squatch riding around with a silver lab in the back seat, good chance it's me!
Don't see many silver labs!

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buying one at the parts counter is entirely different than adding to a build.
I'm aware of that! I was part of the MY22 First Batch, I already have my Bronco. I had to remove the hard top to get it built. The Day I removed the Hardtop and Hitch from my build that night I received a Vin and build date of Dec 20th. I did not want a soft top it's loud really loud, it really feels like when someone opens the back windows while going down the highway that pounding in your ears.

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our top will be able to support comparable weight to the factory hardtop. The roof rails will connect to the factory positions (up front at the windshield frame and at the rear of our hardtop).
This comment solidified another buyer!! Now I need a rooftop tent...

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@ADV Fiberglass apologize if this question has been answered.. but is the front removeable panel the same dimensions/latch locations as the factory front panel?

I ask because I'm assuming Clearlidz will do a Bronco panel at some point, which I'd be interested in.. would be a bummer if it doesn't with with your modular top, which is way better than the OEM one.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@ADV Fiberglass apologize if this question has been answered.. but is the front removeable panel the same dimensions/latch locations as the factory front panel?

I ask because I'm assuming Clearlidz will do a Bronco panel at some point, which I'd be interested in.. would be a bummer if it doesn't with with your modular top, which is way better than the OEM one.
I had the same question on the Sunrider. I haven't seen an answer which suggests it won't work. That puts me out at any price.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This comment solidified another buyer!! Now I need a rooftop tent...
That’s not solidifying anything outside of factory rack that holds 110/440 (dynamic/static). It’s going to be up to rack developers to come up with solutions that hold more.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely different product and they will not make money on it.

As soon as they could be starting to make cash the others will also be in the market.

Hope i don't sound like an ADV basher. Hope the best for them!
They make tops for private labels.

how do you know they won’t make money on it? Lol

there was a post awhile back that broke it down pretty well. ADV can only produce so many tops. It makes no sense for them to charge bargain basement prices and have a queue of orders they can never fill. Not to mention hearing everyone whine about delays lol.

I think they priced it fairly.

Cheers

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They make tops for private labels.

how do you know they won’t make money on it? Lol

there was a post awhile back that broke it down pretty well. ADV can only produce so many tops. It makes no sense for them to charge bargain basement prices and have a queue of orders they can never fill. Not to mention hearing everyone whine about delays lol.

I think they priced it fairly.

Cheers
I think you just described the situation Ford has put itself into. :)

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s not solidifying anything outside of factory rack that holds 110/440 (dynamic/static). It’s going to be up to rack developers to come up with solutions that hold more.
It seems to me that the roof is the limiting factor.

Those weight capacities are based on the Ford/Webasto roof, and it appears that @ADV Fiberglass is just trying to meet the same specifications.

The roof can only support so much weight, and there is little, if anything, that the design of a rack can do to improve on that.

Now, Patriot Fastbacks makes a specific selling point of how durable their roofs are. It may well turn out that with a rack installed, you really might be able to carry more weight on a Patriot Fastbacks roof than on a Ford/Webasto roof or an @ADV Fiberglass roof.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems to me that the roof is the limiting factor.

The roof can only support so much weight, and there is little, if anything, that the design of a rack can do to improve on that.
Isn't the weight actually supported at the rack attaching points and not the roof itself?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.