Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw the four piece option, which looks like T tops (old school) for the driver and passenger, but the 6 piece I'm assuming would be the same style (t-top) as the front section, but for the center piece of the 4 door?

Inkedroof-multi-part1_LI.jpg
Your etch-a-sketch is what I pictured from that as well.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great stuff. Huge thank you! Did they provide any safety information? Any sense as to the step-in heights on the various trims? Thanks!
They did not. Ideally I would have brought my tape measure to record a step in height.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @atonge40 for getting all of our questions answered and thanks to all the forum members that contributed. Iā€™m glad to see @atonge40 was able to get all of our questions addressed.

@atonge40 Will there be a written piece for your experience anywhere we can read about your overall opinion?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK CSI nerds from a few months back, work your magic.

If I had to guess, an oil jug or (more likely) antifreeze jug (shown in top pic) is what? About 8"-10" wide? Therefor possibly giving us between 16"-20" (estimated) behind the seats in the 2 door? Can maybe stretch it to 24"????

As for the 4 door pic, who has their best guess on the size of the rear window to the Bronco? It's shown sitting in the floor in 2nd pic with maybe 4"-6" of extra space on the floor.

I'll await the enginerds responses ?
I'm one of those enginerds. If someone can get me the tire size on the 4 door red bronco shown i should be able to calibrate my scale to the tire and transfer the scale to the window in the back.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for ALL the great information and the pictures!

One clarification please.... again the 'order' vs 'reservation' nuance.

Q. In what order will the reservations be fulfilled?
A. They will be fulfilled as closely to order received as possible

I hope the answer should have said

A. They will be fulfilled as closely to 'reservation' received as possible.

People can all 'order' at the same time, so first come first serve for orders vs. order of reservation is a BIG difference.

thanks againl

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two of my questions that Iā€™m not happy about. Rear seat length is the same as a 2 door at only 36. And depth of the cargo is only 6 inches longer??

So a shallow back seat and shallow trunk, yet the car is 12ā€ longer. It doesnā€™t add up. The HOPE is that they were rounding up/down to the half foot. A 2.5 ft (30ā€ trunk is very shallow). My outback is 41ā€
Maybe 2 door is more like 22ā€ and 4 door is 32ā€. With 2 door being rounded up to the half foot and 4 door being rounded down. To me that makes sense given the additional length of the 4 door. And the fact that the 2 door cargo is probably really shallow given they somehow achieved rear seat room the same as the four door.

I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure this out and scaling pics of the side and rear profile pics on my computer using the 35ā€ wheel, overall width of car, and fords rear shoulder room dimensions as reference points - Iā€™m guesstimating 32ā€ deep, 47ā€ wide for the 4 door.

I attached a wrangler photo. As you could see bronco is definitely wider with swing out door and narrower frame for cage, but bronco is also shallower. It seems more usable cargo given the bodywork is taller so more stacking power from floor to window.

Anyway - So if the top half of the cargo area above the wheel arches is 2 or 3ā€ wider and I just average out 47ā€ Wide loading floor and 51-53ā€ = 50ā€ average width across floor to ceiling. 50x32x38 (guesstimate for height) thatā€™s 60,800 cubic inches / 1728 (inches in cubic feet) is over 35 cubic feet. So that sounds right given fords specs.

In terms of usable cargo, not blocking windows. Iā€™m getting to 32x47x23 = exactly 20 cubic feet of ā€˜real worldā€™ cargo use.

My outback is WAY deeper at 41 but not as wide and way shorter from floor to window only 18ā€. So my usable cargo to window calc ends up being 18 cubic feet so somewhat of an improvement.

For comparison the wrangler is 41x34x20 (est height to window) so 16 cubic feet of cargo from floor to window.

A251A386-A685-4DE3-8437-4C3AC21E0A1F.jpeg

06293541-C753-4B44-8395-264772E330F6.jpeg

D65F9D5C-9657-4ED5-B99F-56FE308BAA89.png
Bro, what is all this. Despite what measurements the guy said, the cargo area of the 4 door looks like it can fit twice as much stuff as the 2 door.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, so when I take the doors off, I lose speakers?
Preproduction. I should have just said unknown. Making me second guess myself since I wasn't able to take pictures of that specific interior. I'll reach out for clarification.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Preproduction. I should have just said unknown. Making me second guess myself since I wasn't able to take pictures of that specific interior. I'll reach out for clarification.
Thanks man!

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People can all 'order' at the same time, so first come first serve for orders vs. order of reservation is a BIG difference.

thanks againl
Yeah. Order/reservation. The current order will remain the order as best as possible.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm one of those enginerds. If someone can get me the tire size on the 4 door red bronco shown i should be able to calibrate my scale to the tire and transfer the scale to the window in the back.
I scaled it. See my post in the previous page

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bro, what is all this. Despite what measurements the guy said, the cargo area of the 4 door looks like it can fit twice as much stuff as the 2 door.
Lol. Math?

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's 0.393701 inches! :ROFLMAO:
I was really expecting more. Thatā€™s not much of a loss at all. I was planning on staying with the 33s on the badlands for the extra travel but if itā€™s that little I might as well get 35ā€™s later.

I wonder if that just comes from longer bump stops or if itā€™s a spacer on top of the coils.

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thanks againl
good morning everyone!

Iā€™m concerned about this too... so is it up to dealers when our orders are sent through or do we actually place the order ourselves on Ford.com?

thank you so much for this all this information @atonge40! :D

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Q. Can you explain the difference between modular and non-modular hardtops.
A. The non-modular top is a four piece top with removable top panels. The modular top is a six piece top with removable top panels as well as removable rear windows.
Thats cool and puts the modular hardtop on my list of wants
Sponsored