First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went today at the 9:30 slot and drove the same model. Big Bend surprised me to the point that I'm wondering if i even need the BD i ordered. Lol
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went today at the 9:30 slot and drove the same model. Big Bend surprised me to the point that I'm wondering if i even need the BD i ordered. Lol
Good to know that about the Big Bend! That's what I have!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know that about the Big Bend! That's what I have!
We did the whole course they had setup without a rear locker and on the stock passenger tires. Big Bend didn’t even have all terrain tires. If it wasn’t for my want of MGV and washout floors, I’d highly consider the Big Bend too.

one pedal driving and trail turn assist are really cool options. My guide didn’t have me use one pedal on the last big downhill obstacle. He said “let’s see how you do without it?” Rutted and mud downhill and the BigBend felt solid and under control.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only reason I didn't go bb was the massive cost jump to get advanced auto.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, had the 4-door Rapid Red manual Badlands (number 8 vehicle) and it only needed 4-L to do every bit of it. Did the SBD and both lockers once to to get out of an intentionally 'got stuck' part (it would have gotten out without them). If i was going to settle for the automatic, an OBX with rear locker added would get me anywhere i would have the sack to try going. You absolutely are better off getting at least the high package, the camera on the big screen makes huge pucker factor moments cresting hills in to a yawner. Lightest clutch i have ever driven. Fording maybe 20-22 inches of water was nothing to this tank and the crawler gear probably would have done the whole course in 4-H. Lot of flexibility without having to change the transfer case. Couple of drops from the MIC into my leg in the light rain was the only real bummer. It was shocking to me how easily it walked through the chewed up mud without lockers being used. A good time, had Steve as my guide, highly recommend going if you have one in your area. Maybe 40 minutes of seat time and a free summer ballcap. We missed out on the mogals set up to show articulation, too wet, but the added mud everywhere else was more impressive and useful to me anyway.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, had the 4-door Rapid Red manual Badlands (number 8 vehicle) and it only needed 4-L to do every bit of it. Did the SBD and both lockers once to to get out of an intentionally 'got stuck' part (it would have gotten out without them). If i was going to settle for the automatic, an OBX with rear locker added would get me anywhere i would have the sack to try going. You absolutely are better off getting at least the high package, the camera on the big screen makes huge pucker factor moments cresting hills in to a yawner. Lightest clutch i have ever driven. Fording maybe 20-22 inches of water was nothing to this tank and the crawler gear probably would have done the whole course in 4-H. Lot of flexibility without having to change the transfer case. Couple of drops from the MIC into my leg in the light rain was the only real bummer. It was shocking to me how easily it walked through the chewed up mud without lockers being used. A good time, had Steve as my guide, highly recommend going if you have one in your area. Maybe 40 minutes of seat time and a free summer ballcap. We missed out on the mogals set up to show articulation, too wet, but the added mud everywhere else was more impressive and useful to me anyway.
We had Sam in vehicle #2 (4dr Big Bend). Good conversation and I learned a ton from him. Good guy who told us this was their last stop, so unfortunately there won't be another opportunity to get behind the wheel off-road other than the Off Roadeo. Which he highly recommended going to do as well. My wife heard that and is all in after riding along yesterday. I'm still really surprised by how the Big Bend just ate through everything there in the rain/mud yesterday. Just solidifies that I don't know how capable the Bronco is and trying to order one without doing what I did yesterday would've caused me to buy options I won't use or don't need. After saying all that, I'll be buying a Black Diamond for sure. Sas pkg isn't needed for me at all, I'd be wasting my money. It'd be cool to have, but a big ol waste for my usage.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another point the Bronco rep (who appeared to be running the show) made at the event yesterday, typically Rocky Glen OHV Park isn't for larger street vehicles, more for atvs, supercross/mini bikes, or the polaris utvs. She did say if a group of 4x4 vehicles wanted to have some fun there, Rocky Glen will rent out time to a group of Bronco/Jeep/4Runner/etc users, but only for those vehicles. I thought it was interesting enough to share with the group here in case down the road someone organized an event, this could be a location to rent out for a set period of time for Bronco use only (if that's something someone wanted to do). I don't know any specifics, but it was mentioned.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just drove the Bronco out here at Rocky Cut Off Road Park. Through all kinds of mud and crap. Oh wow oh wow oh wow. Now I want it more than ever. That was so much fun. We were driving into things that I would have never driven in, and my hunting partner wouldn't even have driven in. So much mud perfect for what I wanted to learn to do. Because the only trouble we ever get in this mud. Well this thing handles good it drives nice really sweet.

I had Sam, too....and we were in 4H most of the time with crap street passenger car tires!! Shocked at a. what it could do, and b. what I could do!! This is the stuff that my hunting partner and I would pass on and go around. No more. We're going thru!!

And yeah, I thought the same thing about getting enough of us together to rent the park. If I ever get mine. Supposed to build 5/23 week, but I've been lied to so much.............

I also had the privilege of meeting "The Sean" @Ourbroncolife of the ski goggles and over footlong gold locks....very nice and helpful. Both he and Sam did the rear quarter softtop removal that so many folks break....so I won't break mine! I sure wish these guys were running Ford non-Communications dept.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just drove the Bronco out here at Rocky Cut Off Road Park. Through all kinds of mud and crap. Oh wow oh wow oh wow. Now I want it more than ever. That was so much fun. We were driving into things that I would have never driven in, and my hunting partner wouldn't even have driven in. So much mud perfect for what I wanted to learn to do. Because the only trouble we ever get in this mud. Well this thing handles good it drives nice really sweet.

I had Sam, too....and we were in 4H most of the time with crap street passenger car tires!! Shocked at a. what it could do, and b. what I could do!! This is the stuff that my hunting partner and I would pass on and go around. No more. We're going thru!!

And yeah, I thought the same thing about getting enough of us together to rent the park. If I ever get mine. Supposed to build 5/23 week, but I've been lied to so much.............

I also had the privilege of meeting "The Sean" @Ourbroncolife of the ski goggles and over footlong gold locks....very nice and helpful. Both he and Sam did the rear quarter softtop removal that so many folks break....so I won't break mine! I sure wish these guys were running Ford non-Communications dept.
pretty awesome experience realizing what this thing is capable of and I'm not sure we really pushed it all that much either! LOL! I think Sam wanted to do more, but I'm sure he's bound by all sorts of liability agreements. Oh well, I guess that will be the limits I'll have to push when the time comes. Hahahaha. Really happy to realize what the BigBend can do though, I'd be really comfortable buying BigBend/Base no Sas, if I didn't want a BlackDiamond.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Nice. I also had Sam as my co-pilot and drove the #2 Big Bend. I also spoke with Caleb, the owner of of the park and he mentioned that there would opportunities to rent out Rocky Glen to a group of Bronco/Jeep owners. I guess he is the new owner.

Funny you mention Sean. I just said "hey your the YouTube video guy" and I had a nice chat with him about the Off Rodeo event. Went back and found his videos and realized that I think his wife was also there. She was the one registering the drivers. Nice people, and very helpful.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another point the Bronco rep (who appeared to be running the show) made at the event yesterday, typically Rocky Glen OHV Park isn't for larger street vehicles, more for atvs, supercross/mini bikes, or the polaris utvs. She did say if a group of 4x4 vehicles wanted to have some fun there, Rocky Glen will rent out time to a group of Bronco/Jeep/4Runner/etc users, but only for those vehicles. I thought it was interesting enough to share with the group here in case down the road someone organized an event, this could be a location to rent out for a set period of time for Bronco use only (if that's something someone wanted to do). I don't know any specifics, but it was mentioned.
Man if an event like this gets going I’d definitely buy in.

The closest ORV park I can find that allows 4x4s is Badlands out in Attica, which is damn near 3 hours out.

We should organize something! Shit I can get the ball rolling if people in this thread express interest.

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm supposed to head out there tomorrow for the last day. Kinda sucks, not sure I can make it but reading this really makes me want to head out there.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm supposed to head out there tomorrow for the last day. Kinda sucks, not sure I can make it but reading this really makes me want to head out there.
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went out there this morning and drove their 2 door Wildtrack SAS. Definitely worth the little bit of time beating on their Broncos and my guide was really cool. Hopefully my 5/30 build week sticks cause now I'm getting more impatient after going...