Northern Illinois

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello I am the General Sales Manager of a Ford dealership and a HUGE Bronco guy! Growing up we had a 79 Bronco Orange with a white top and a Manual trans it was a blast! Lots of good memories looking forward to buying a new Bronco when they come out!
Cool! I had a '79 Blue. Other than the new one, my favorite.
Sponsored

Jgibbons1685

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have any of you had any dealing with Gerald Ford in North Aurora? I placed an order before the cutoff. Just curious if I picked a good dealership to work with.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have any of you had any dealing with Gerald Ford in North Aurora? I placed an order before the cutoff. Just curious if I picked a good dealership to work with.
I personally had a bad experience with them. I've seen others on the forum who have had a good experience with them. I originally placed my order with them back in July 2020, and I never heard a peep from them. After numerous emails asking about the process, I finally spoke to their "head guy," and an appointment was set. I get there and they start preparing paperwork as if I'm buying from them. I'm then sent to their internet sales guys when I mentioned Granger Ford's super-low price. I ask them if they could match Granger's under-invoice price. Trust me, I wanted to spend my money locally, but I don't have thousands of dollars to throw away. They laughed and asked me where I would have the Bronco serviced, and I obviously said any Ford dealership in the country! Well, one of the knuckleheads told me that if I go to Gerald to have my Granger-bought Bronco service, that I would be put at the end of the line and I wouldn't get a loaner! What a nut! You know what knuckleheads, I bought my Bronco 3% under invoice and it was a no-hassle experience! Anyways, hopefully I'm not over reacting and scaring you, but just be careful! My Ford Is Hennessy/River View Ford in Montgomery/Oswego, a little farther away from home, but that's where I'm treated good! Good luck!

Jgibbons1685

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally had a bad experience with them. I've seen others on the forum who have had a good experience with them. I originally placed my order with them back in July 2020, and I never heard a peep from them. After numerous emails asking about the process, I finally spoke to their "head guy," and an appointment was set. I get there and they start preparing paperwork as if I'm buying from them. I'm then sent to their internet sales guys when I mentioned Granger Ford's super-low price. I ask them if they could match Granger's under-invoice price. Trust me, I wanted to spend my money locally, but I don't have thousands of dollars to throw away. They laughed and asked me where I would have the Bronco serviced, and I obviously said any Ford dealership in the country! Well, one of the knuckleheads told me that if I go to Gerald to have my Granger-bought Bronco service, that I would be put at the end of the line and I wouldn't get a loaner! What a nut! You know what knuckleheads, I bought my Bronco 3% under invoice and it was a no-hassle experience! Anyways, hopefully I'm not over reacting and scaring you, but just be careful! My Ford Is Hennessy/River View Ford in Montgomery/Oswego, a little farther away from home, but that's where I'm treated good! Good luck!
No. Thank you for your honest opinion. I read about your experience in this thread. So far I’ve been treated well. They stated they will sell for MSRP. I’ve never received an order confirmation from Ford for my order back in February but I think it’s because they didn’t use my email address. I’m hoping it’s not a future issue. But anyways, I placed an order for a WildTrak, I’m willing to bet I won’t see it this year and it will probably be a 2023.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No. Thank you for your honest opinion. I read about your experience in this thread. So far I’ve been treated well. They stated they will sell for MSRP. I’ve never received an order confirmation from Ford for my order back in February but I think it’s because they didn’t use my email address. I’m hoping it’s not a future issue. But anyways, I placed an order for a WildTrak, I’m willing to bet I won’t see it this year and it will probably be a 2023.
Good for you that you're getting it at sticker! Hope to see you around Kane County soon!

Sponsored

Jgibbons1685

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you that you're getting it at sticker! Hope to see you around Kane County soon!
I’m from Batavia and work in St. Charles. Fingers crossed to get it this year but definitely not holding my breath.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m from Batavia and work in St. Charles. Fingers crossed to get it this year but definitely not holding my breath.
Kool....I work in St. Charles, too, at the complex at 38 & Peck...but I have a company car....so the Bronco sits in the garage a lot! But come warmer weather, I'm going to be out-n-about!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw a green 4DR today at Peck & Keslinger near St. Charles/Geneva area around 11:00, and then a red 4DR west of there soon thereafter!

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know it really depends but I had a terrible experience with them. Old school car tactics to get me to sign and before you go "my manager needs to talk to you so I don't get into trouble" line. I had a great experience at Haggerty in West Chicago though.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone head to Rockford for the Bronco event this weekend? We are about to get into the car for the 11AM event, just curious on if anyone had any feedback. Guessing we might be doing some muddin today! LOL.

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone head to Rockford for the Bronco event this weekend? We are about to get into the car for the 11AM event, just curious on if anyone had any feedback. Guessing we might be doing some muddin today! LOL.
Missed this notice. What’s going on in Rockford?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going tomorrow morning. First drive!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going tomorrow morning. First drive!
I just got done doing the course in the mud while it rained. I drove a 4dr Big Bend with passenger tires. The Big Bend did everything there flawlessly. Sas pkg is overkill for me/my usage and not needed in my opinion. My guide was awesome. Walked me through anything and said “let’s push this thing to see if it can handle it”. He said, “if it can’t do it, we’ll back up and figure out another option”. Never had to do that.

I’m ordering a Black Diamond and the guide said “you’ll be good in that. This Big Bend just rocked this trail and you’ll have more capability in the Black Diamond.”

i feel good with everything now.

Last edited:

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got done doing the course in the mud while it rained. I drove a 4dr Big Bend with passenger tires. The Big Bend did everything there flawlessly. Sas pkg is overkill for me/my usage and not needed in my opinion. My guide was awesome. Walked me through anything and said “let’s push this thing to see if it can handle it”. He said, “if it can’t do it, we’ll back up and figure out another option”. Never had to do that.

I’m ordering a Black Diamond and the guide said “you’ll be good in that. This Big Bend just rocked this trail and you’ll have more capability in the Black Diamond.”

i feel good with everything now.
I went today at the 9:30 slot and drove the same model. Big Bend surprised me to the point that I'm wondering if i even need the BD i ordered. Lol
Sponsored