First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question but I've never registered a truck or SUV in Illinois, only cars and motorcyles . . . will this be registered as truck or passenger? I'm pre-filling out the title and reg form online and it pulled the VIN info properly and populated most of the fields . . . but it also says Truck (with a dropdown for other values). It's body on frame so definitely truck construction, no problem with that, just don't want a "B" plate if that's what this ends up as. If it IS a "B" plate then I'll opt for a FF memorial plate (also no problem) as I live in Chicago, just figured it would be easiest to ask other Illinois Bronco6G folks.

Dealing with Ill SoS can be painful enough as it is, just want to have all my ducks lined up so that forking over ~$5K is as smooth as it can be.

TIA!
Ford Bronco Illinois Plate Type? 1684342540392
Sponsored

OP
OP
Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Passenger, mine does not have B plates
Thanks! I know they did some changes a while ago that were supposed to address how "trucks" are mainstream but not being directly affected then I didn't pay all that much attention.

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was jazzed about the b plates until I realized that you can't park on most streets and like you are technically forbidden from using lsd

So just registered mine as a passenger vehicle

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not b. Couldn't transfer.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was jazzed about the b plates until I realized that you can't park on most streets and like you are technically forbidden from using lsd

So just registered mine as a passenger vehicle
And there have been talks about charging more for "trucks" on toll roads so passenger plates may save you money if that ever passes. This is reason I'm getting passenger plates on my maverick also. Not sure about Chicago though as everything I do is banned in Chicago so don't pay attention to their fees or rules.
Sponsored