Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember when this thread was a place to come for exciting daily news... Now I question if I should even come in here...
Yeah.. I told myself I’m only gonna check it once a day. Not even other people’s build threads or new parts is helping anymore. Disillusioned by Ford’s frankly shocking way of handling this.

BroncoCMH

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carless
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I check this one and the build threads around it for signs of life/hope.

Pray for rain so I won’t think about top-off driving.

Stopped pre-buying accessories.

Squirreling away cash for the eventual day it shows up.

I drove by the MINI lot where I bought my last car 3 years ago and there are no new cars on the lot, all lease returns. Their website shows five new cars coming - someday.

I was sleuthing on the local Ford dealership websites. Four don’t even list Broncos, one has 8. All in the process of “being built”. One of them even had a blend datethe day before mine. And Alas, it is currently sharing the same fate as mine. “In Production”.

But I’ll keep coming back. Odds of good news are getting better as time goes on.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's to hoping today is a good day from Ford.

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when this thread was a place to come for exciting daily news... Now I question if I should even come in here...
I hear you man. I check in on all the threads to see if people are getting their broncos. And then I just get pissed at Ford as they continue to eff me up the backside. My dealer got 5 broncos last Thursday on two trucks, 2 broncos Friday, and 1 Bronco Saturday. The first 5 were January/February chip hold builds finished in March, the two on Friday were 3/25 and 3/29 builds, and the Saturday one was another January build. Mine continues to be undelivered. Happy others got delivered, but I'm getting real tired of Ford effing me over here.

FJen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-DR OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got off the phone with a live Ford chat person who took the time to talk with me. She confirmed I am not on chip hold, but on plant hold. I asked what Plant Hold meant and she said it is an issue with not being able to leave the plant and means you are not sitting outside but still inside the climate-controlled plant. Just speculating, I asked if maybe it was waiting on a hard top since it is literally not able to be put outside yet. She said that is possible but no way for her to know what exactly mine is waiting on. She said plant hold is a much better situation to be in than chip hold, so I guess I've got that going for me.

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
got my built email this morning.
Didn't see you on the google tracking doc. What was your original build date, actual build date?

Awesome that you got your email!

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reservation Date - 7/01/2021
Blend date 4/8
In Production 4/12
Mods Popped 4/13
Built 4/18
Shipped Email on 4/22
CSX rail delivered to my city's railyard (FL) - 5/3/2022

Railyard is just a few miles from the dealership, but no solid ETA on when truck will pick it up and deliver the last few miles...

Sponsored

Nsk76

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got off the phone with a live Ford chat person who took the time to talk with me. She confirmed I am not on chip hold, but on plant hold. I asked what Plant Hold meant and she said it is an issue with not being able to leave the plant and means you are not sitting outside but still inside the climate-controlled plant. Just speculating, I asked if maybe it was waiting on a hard top since it is literally not able to be put outside yet. She said that is possible but no way for her to know what exactly mine is waiting on. She said plant hold is a much better situation to be in than chip hold, so I guess I've got that going for me.
This is interesting - I am also on a plant hold and haven't been able to get any info from Ford on what the reason for the hold was besides that it is not a chip hold. I also ordered a hard top, so could be the case.

I have been repeatedly told that my ETA is 5/7 - 5/13....unsure if that means to complete production, ship or actually be delivered, but regardless, not super confident in any date quite yet.

FJen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-DR OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is interesting - I am also on a plant hold and haven't been able to get any info from Ford on what the reason for the hold was besides that it is not a chip hold. I also ordered a hard top, so could be the case.

I have been repeatedly told that my ETA is 5/7 - 5/13....unsure if that means to complete production, ship or actually be delivered, but regardless, not super confident in any date quite yet.
I asked about the ETA as well again, mine is 5/6-5/11 and was told this time it referred to delivery. If we are both on plant hold for the same thing the slight difference in our ranges could be related to distance from the plant?

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just checked this morning and it flipped from built to shipped! I'm in Austin though so will probably be a minute till it arrives.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco has been sitting on a rail car at the Ford rail spur since 4-15. Someone was nice enough to activate my Ford Pass on 4-13 so I saw it get move to the railcar, but it has not moved since. Is Ford having trouble with the rail lines? Why would I be sitting in a railcar not moving for 2 1/2 weeks?

naturesmith

Big Bend
First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too am on plant hold (have been told multiple times it isn't chip hold). But....no hard top for me. The only "extra" was LED headlights. Mid-package Big Bend 2.3L, auto, Eruption Green. But I hope you are right and my Greeny is inside, warm and dry.
Sponsored