Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A
Jeep does this really weird thing, where when you order a vehicle...they build it.

Crazy!
Are you on the wrong blog, the Jeep forum is somewhere else.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep: We'll try anything except making a better vehicle.

*edit...looks like i ruffled a few feathers from Jeep owners who are mad their Wrangler was designed in the 1950's...settle down guys, the 392 Wrangler is cool, ok!

its Ford v. Chrysler friendly banter....jokes....just take a breathe
It’s just a dumb mindset to continue to have.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably, but you'll have a few heavily guarded by people playing the long game. There could be hundreds of thousands of these things at some point too.
Also surveillance powered by the same solar panels.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Neat stuff, but I wonder if the electrical gremlins that Jeeps have will transfer when they tether together?

In all seriousness, probably half those things won't happen or stay around very long. Jeep drone is cool till it get's stuck in a tree or taken out by an eagle. BUT somebody has to start dreaming stuff up to make our toys better, then LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN! end result will only be good for us.

Sponsored

RVAM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Drone thing is cool. There is a huge market for scouting ahead or even just understanding road conditions. I’m all in on that.
I feel like a regular third party drone would probably work better. They're likely going to be buying drones from an established manufacturer, slapping a Jeep logo on it, and charging twice as much for it.

There are already great drones available with autopilot that will follow you around filming you driving a trail.

Last edited:

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A

Are you on the wrong blog, the Jeep forum is somewhere else.

Nope. Just waiting for the Bronco I reserved on July 14, 2020, ordered in January 2021 and re-ordered October 2021 to be built.

But yes, I do read the Jeep forum as well, and am blown away by these folks placing orders, getting scheduled, and picking up their rigs. It appears to be a successful business model.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like a regular third party drone would probably work better.
Angle grinder drone or nothing for me, thanks.

Squatchit

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500, 2020 R1250GS, 2006 Volvo V50 T5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do have to say it would be pretty badass if my vehicle would pick me up on the other side of a through hike or at the bottom of a multi day bike ride.. Never even thought about that till I watched that video. I couldn't give a damn about most of the other stuff.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep has had much more time to make there’s better, and they haven’t.
Lol Ford as a whole is littered with quality issues and recalls right now. Acting like Ford is the beacon of vehicle quality is funny.

As for the Bronco and Wrangler that I wasn’t even talking about. Better? Says who? You? Lol. That’s not biased at all! Why don’t you let J.D. power do their reliability studies on the Bronco before you hand out anymore of your unbiased comments.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At the trails I've been on, would be surprised to ever see charging stations. I think until range extends, EV 4x4s will be more for pavement dwellers. Which honestly a lot of people buy Broncos/Wranglers for the image not for a trail. EV will work fine for that usage.
They’ll be there. Jeep has a vested interest in making sure they continue the lifestyle they’ve created with the Jeep brand. They’ll be Solar, some will be electric. If they get forced to building electric only vehicles they’ll invest in the infrastructure because nobody will buy their vehicles without it.
Nope. Just waiting for the Bronco I reserved on July 14, 2020, ordered in January 2021 and re-ordered October 2021 to be built.

But yes, I do read the Jeep forum as well, and am blown away by these folks placing orders, getting scheduled, and picking up their rigs. It appears to be a successful business model.
Reserved the Bronco on 8/17/20 for the wife. Reserved a 2nd Bronco on 10/1/20 for the Granger deal. Early to mid 2021 I drove a 4 door big bend and loved it so I placed 2 different orders for both of us. I waited a few months and gave up and said screw it. Traded in my Challenger, ordered a Mojave Gladiator on 8/17/21, strangely on the same day I reserved the Bronco, realized that a few days later. It was delivered to the dealer on 9/18 and I got my 8% off before everything sky rocketed in price too. My truck is now 58K, 4K more than it was a year ago.

1 year to the day I ordered the Bronco I ordered the Jeep and I’ve almost been driving my Jeep for an entire year already. Glad I didn’t wait, I have no allegiance to any of these companies but at least Jeep was organized. Especially knowing what I know now and how bad this process has gotten, I would have lost out on the deal I got big time.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

3. Autonomous driving, This i Just do not get, why would you just let your jeep drive the trails by it's
Going off road autonomously might be the scariest thing I could think of. To be so comfortable that you could recline completely and let the computer do its thing is bonkers. Also, I've never been a fan of being a passenger while off road. It just seems a 100x bumpier and having zero control is not for me.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved the Bronco on 8/17/20 for the wife. Reserved a 2nd Bronco on 10/1/20 for the Granger deal. Early to mid 2021 I drove a 4 door big bend and loved it so I placed 2 different orders for both of us. I waited a few months and gave up and said screw it. Traded in my Challenger, ordered a Mojave Gladiator on 8/17/21, strangely on the same day I reserved the Bronco, realized that a few days later. It was delivered to the dealer on 9/18 and I got my 8% off before everything sky rocketed in price too. My truck is now 58K, 4K more than it was a year ago.

1 year to the day I ordered the Bronco I ordered the Jeep and I’ve almost been driving my Jeep for an entire year already. Glad I didn’t wait, I have no allegiance to any of these companies but at least Jeep was organized. Especially knowing what I know now and how bad this process has gotten, I would have lost out on the deal I got big time.
As I await my Bronco Badlands 2 door 7MT, I placed a Rubicon order on 7/11/22. Just received notice it's been scheduled for production as of 7/29/22.

I expect I'll enter the fall taking deliver of the Rubicon, and re-re-ordering my Day 2 reservation Bronco as a 2023 model.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One thing is for sure. The Bronco has changed the 4x4 industry for the better. Why fix something that isn't broken? Because it could be so much more.

Imagine a 4x4 with a built in RTT, or built in air compressor for your inflatable raft (and tires that deflate and inflate on command). There is no innovation without competition. Just look at Samsung vs iPhone. Without each other, we'd still be at iPhone 3, only that we'd call it an iPhone 15 (although it hasn't changed much since iPhone7).
Sponsored