First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I appreciate marketing and selling the dream. Isn't that all that marketing in this segment does anyway?

Still very excited about our BRaptor order that should be built next week. Sure has been a while since 7/14/20. Hardly even feels real! You know what is real? We presently have 3k miles on our 392XR and love it more and more every day. Sky One Touch + that exhaust + 35ā€™s is a blast.

I donā€™t care about brands or big companies, I care about driving experiences. Lifeā€™s too short to love something that wonā€™t love you back. Companies and brands donā€™t love you.
Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I await my Bronco Badlands 2 door 7MT, I placed a Rubicon order on 7/11/22. Just received notice it's been scheduled for production as of 7/29/22.

I expect I'll enter the fall taking deliver of the Rubicon, and re-re-ordering my Day 2 reservation Bronco as a 2023 model.
Thatā€™s just ridiculous. Thatā€™s good you got your Wrangler order so fast though! I tried talking my wife into a 4xe but sheā€™s stuck on the Bronco.

RVAM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This ad typifies how marketing clowns and corporations don't actually understand their consumer base. And it's more obvious then ever with crap like this shoved down people's throat in the interest of being green. Autonomous four wheeling?? You got to be kidding right? What's next....a bike that you don't ride? People don't buy jeeps so a computer can wheel it for them...idiots.

Hard not to be cynical when it comes to these "innovations" when the people pushing them are not being serious.
Eh, the people this is marketing to aren't the people who already know they're buying a vehicle for off-roading. This is marketed towards a younger audience. Trust find kids, Instagram influencers, people with expendable income who like new bells and whistles.

Most people in this forum are gonna look at this ad and think it's ridiculous. Most people who wanna copy the "van life" influencer style are looking at this and drooling.

jr22

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of my favorite trails to hike here in NC is the Art Loeb. A 30 mile one-way hike. Typically this means you have to dedicate an extra 1.5hrs at the beginning and the end of the hike to have a car at the start and finish. It would be nice to hop on the trail, and have the car meet you at the terminus.

has your bluetooth worked your car properly? zero chance ford or jeep gets this right in 15 years.
the tech required to do this safely onroad is many generations in, with millions of miles of neural network training. what happens when it gets to a washout with tree, or a rock, etc... might as well put your car on a highway, brick on pedal and turn curse control on.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching a post apocalyptic movie last night, with the bad guys cruising on their choppers and in armored Brinks trucks, and wondering where they got all that fuel 30 years after the EOTWAWKI. These solar stations and biodiesel would be the only realistic paths for motorized travel in that world once the oil refineries were shut down.

So the Mad Maxs of the future will be thanking Jeep.
Except the sun will be clouded over from whatever bombs or meteor drops :unsure:

Gotta stock up on these:

Ford Bronco Jeep trying too hard!!!! 1659383649950

Sponsored

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
has your bluetooth worked your car properly? zero chance ford or jeep gets this right in 15 years.
the tech required to do this safely onroad is many generations in, with millions of miles of neural network training. what happens when it gets to a washout with tree, or a rock, etc... might as well put your car on a highway, brick on pedal and turn curse control on.
This. I was part of a test group that did autonomous driving in Vegas. The amount of ā€œwell, it doesnā€™t work ifā€¦ā€s that came up was rather crazy. You had things like construction, road closures, wrecks, stop lights with burned out bulbs, heavy rain, and on and on. And thatā€™s with it reading an actual road and things around it. There is 0% chance it could define rocks, shrubs, trees, ravines, etc.

But it makes a cool commercial and thatā€™s what gets people posting on the internet talking about how X car company should do thatā€¦

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

I had to laugh when I saw this AD,
1. solar stations in the middle of the woods, $hit where I am in PA EV stations are few far and between, they are just now starting to put them on Turnpike.
2. Jeep drone.. when "if" this happens I'm trading in the Bronco, so better get with it Ford..lol
3. Autonomous driving, This i Just do not get, why would you just let your jeep drive the trails by it's self, Kind of defeats the purpose of off-roading.
4. Flat-seat stargazing, I do wish my Bronco rear seats were flush, I think ford dropped the ball on this one. But the way this AD depicts it is funny, I can see it now, last call at the bars and a lot of jeeps driving around with 2 people getting busy in the back.. I like how they say "do not Attempt" in AD even though the couple is doing it!!!

What did I just watch?šŸ˜‚

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh you mean like building a vehicle people can actually buy? Building a vehicle with a diesel that gets 30 mpg, or a plug in hybrid with 20 miles of all electric range? You mean building a vehicle that is best in class at rock crawling?

I have had a bronco reserved for 600+ days now, but if you think the Bronco is beating Jeep at its own game you might be biased. Both have their pros and cons.
Yes actually. Jeep finally has competition which forces their designers and engineers to make their vehicles more attractive. Things that ford missed. Things that they could've done all along but they were comfortable and profitable as they were. Now Ford is taking market share and they're forced to do better. I don't see it as trying too hard. Trying just hard enough to gain some sales back.

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apparently a few jeep owners still have money in their pockets. Therefore jeep is trying to just empty every pocket.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. solar stations in the middle of the woods, $hit where I am in PA EV stations are few far and between, they are just now starting to put them on Turnpike.
2. Jeep drone.. when "if" this happens I'm trading in the Bronco, so better get with it Ford..lol
3. Autonomous driving, This i Just do not get, why would you just let your jeep drive the trails by it's self, Kind of defeats the purpose of off-roading.
4. Flat-seat stargazing, I do wish my Bronco rear seats were flush, I think ford dropped the ball on this one. But the way this AD depicts it is funny, I can see it now, last call at the bars and a lot of jeeps driving around with 2 people getting busy in the back.. I like how they say "do not Attempt" in AD even though the couple is doing it!!!

I ordered the slide out tailgate on my WikdTrak and it makes the bed longer and flush. I currently drive a 4xe and itā€™s bed is not flush to store the batteries.

Sponsored

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That ad is šŸ”„

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was that a trailer for a new sitcom?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Eh, the people this is marketing to aren't the people who already know they're buying a vehicle for off-roading. This is marketed towards a younger audience. Trust find kids, Instagram influencers, people with expendable income who like new bells and whistles.

Most people in this forum are gonna look at this ad and think it's ridiculous. Most people who wanna copy the "van life" influencer style are looking at this and drooling.
Sure. Point is.... I don't believe this is real...like most fanciful marketing BS. If some naĆÆve younger people think it is or will be...so be it.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. I was part of a test group that did autonomous driving in Vegas. The amount of ā€œwell, it doesnā€™t work ifā€¦ā€s that came up was rather crazy. You had things like construction, road closures, wrecks, stop lights with burned out bulbs, heavy rain, and on and on. And thatā€™s with it reading an actual road and things around it. There is 0% chance it could define rocks, shrubs, trees, ravines, etc.

But it makes a cool commercial and thatā€™s what gets people posting on the internet talking about how X car company should do thatā€¦
None of it works...until it does. And one day autonomous driving will absolutely be the norm, and it will handle construction and road closures and wrecks (of which there will be few because the cars will be better drivers than we are). The point of participating in the process is it gets better.

Someday there will be autonomous driving on trails. I don't believe it'll be by 2030 as the commercial says, but it will come. I'm not much interested at this point, but the technology will eventually be there.

And anyone thinking there won't be charging stations at trailheads just isn't paying attention to what's happening around us right now. It's all coming. And I predict national parks will be some of the early adopters on it, as the federal government will want to promote it.

We're still at least one more major evolution in batteries away (for increased capacity and much faster charging), but that will likely come this decade.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m an engineer in automotive - Iā€™m well aware how far away we are from level 5 autonomous vehicles; just saying it would be a nice feature to have.
Sponsored