Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll second that And the transmissions don’t last.
Sponsored

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Autonomous driving would be cool so you could drive to the top of a mountain, ride your MTB down, and have your Jeep/Bronco/etc. autonomously drive to the end of the trail to pick you up.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EV Bronco is on the way. You will start seeing charge stations at trail heads before too long.
Although I agree that EV broncos are coming, and that’s cool. What I don’t want to see is charging stations at the trail head. I want my nature excursion to feel natural… don’t need to see that there. I think the better solution is to have a 5gallon gas can size spare battery if you need to have the extended range. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This ad typifies how marketing clowns and corporations don't actually understand their consumer base. And it's more obvious then ever with crap like this shoved down people's throat in the interest of being green. Autonomous four wheeling?? You got to be kidding right? What's next....a bike that you don't ride? People don't buy jeeps so a computer can wheel it for them...idiots.

Hard not to be cynical when it comes to these "innovations" when the people pushing them are not being serious.
I think they know there consumer base because most people who buying jeep and Broncos won't never take them off-road and so many people eating up EV now days .

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although I agree that EV broncos are coming, and that’s cool. What I don’t want to see is charging stations at the trail head. I want my nature excursion to feel natural… don’t need to see that there. I think the better solution is to have a 5gallon gas can size spare battery if you need to have the extended range. Just my opinion.
Brilliant.
Someone will do this once the EVs become more mainstream offroaders.
Disguise them as a rugged fuel can or a pax-type of mount so the appearance of rugged adventurer can be upheld.
Tech eventually will make them smaller, lighter, more capacity.
I totally see this coming.
One day.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are so many places without EV charging now, especially out here in the spacious western states, that I can't imagine that the 1,000s of trailheads will be a priority for charging stations. More like a slow drip.

Not sure what the permit/approval process would look like to get them installed in some of these spots either on state and federal land......sure, many people like the idea of being green, but do they want that monstrosity messing up the beauty of some remote scenic location? And then have someone contracted to service them?

Also, I'd rather not come down the trail and have to wait in line to charge before heading home or hoping the thing is even functional. Hybrid would help with that worry I guess. Maybe ARB will design a portable EV charger that can somehow dump a charge into your EV?

But its always good to push the tech envelope and look to the future so no problem with Jeep doing some R&D on these concepts

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to laugh when I saw this AD,
1. solar stations in the middle of the woods, $hit where I am in PA EV stations are few far and between, they are just now starting to put them on Turnpike.
2. Jeep drone.. when "if" this happens I'm trading in the Bronco, so better get with it Ford..lol
3. Autonomous driving, This i Just do not get, why would you just let your jeep drive the trails by it's self, Kind of defeats the purpose of off-roading.
4. Flat-seat stargazing, I do wish my Bronco rear seats were flush, I think ford dropped the ball on this one. But the way this AD depicts it is funny, I can see it now, last call at the bars and a lot of jeeps driving around with 2 people getting busy in the back.. I like how they say "do not Attempt" in AD even though the couple is doing it!!!

jee.JPG
Wow. That was one of the worst commercials I have ever seen. Just buy a $200 remote control Jeep toy and you can accomplish the same thing.

MooseF15

Badlands
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner Off-Road; 2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who’s gonna get their freak on in a see through pyramid tent?

I love our Golden Retriever but I don’t want Moose watching and judging me while I’m being intimate with the Mrs
I definitely would not do that!

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep: We'll try anything except making a better vehicle.

*edit...looks like i ruffled a few feathers from Jeep owners who are mad their Wrangler was designed in the 1950's...settle down guys, the 392 Wrangler is cool, ok!

its Ford v. Chrysler friendly banter....jokes....just take a breathe
I'm not upset about the Jeep. I find the comment about Jeep making a better vehicle interesting. Cause we all know that the Bronco has no issues!!

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not upset about the Jeep. I find the comment about Jeep making a better vehicle interesting. Cause we all know that the Bronco has no issues!!
None of them were called "Death Wobble" though.🤷‍♂️

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had to laugh when I saw this AD,
1. solar stations in the middle of the woods, $hit where I am in PA EV stations are few far and between, they are just now starting to put them on Turnpike.
2. Jeep drone.. when "if" this happens I'm trading in the Bronco, so better get with it Ford..lol
3. Autonomous driving, This i Just do not get, why would you just let your jeep drive the trails by it's self, Kind of defeats the purpose of off-roading.
4. Flat-seat stargazing, I do wish my Bronco rear seats were flush, I think ford dropped the ball on this one. But the way this AD depicts it is funny, I can see it now, last call at the bars and a lot of jeeps driving around with 2 people getting busy in the back.. I like how they say "do not Attempt" in AD even though the couple is doing it!!!

jee.JPG
This teaser has checked every box not to offend the easily marginalized masses

-Erasing history to only focus on the present.
-Electric vehicles are the only way forward, along with unreliable green grid options.
-Inter-racial couple representation.
-Biometric data storage for tracking.
-Autonomously control by AI servers for off road "following", also for tracking.
-An equitable non-conforming, non-culture appropriated "tipi" made of recycled topo-chico glass bottles, because global worming.

Also, if you are offended by satirical prose, then you are part of the problem.

29bf74c5-ae7f-4a15-b5c2-1af09f10d257_text.gif

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? The ZF transmissions are fantastic. Prefer them over the 10R60/80.
The one in my 2500 ram died at 90k. Very little towing and all highway and or offroad. Electronics were finicky from day one. Engine always sounded like it was trying so hard to get anything done. Just got a Chevy 2500 with the 6.6 gas. Night and day difference in how smooth the power and transmission is. Plus all of the buttons do what you ask the first time you push them. The reverse camera works every time unlike the dodge. if I can help it I’ll never own another mopor. They just aren’t in the same league.
Sponsored