Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4runner, 1995 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Trying just enough....
Oh you mean like building a vehicle people can actually buy? Building a vehicle with a diesel that gets 30 mpg, or a plug in hybrid with 20 miles of all electric range? You mean building a vehicle that is best in class at rock crawling?

I have had a bronco reserved for 600+ days now, but if you think the Bronco is beating Jeep at its own game you might be biased. Both have their pros and cons.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean I would buy that in a heartbeat.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3. Autonomous driving, This i Just do not get, why would you just let your jeep drive the trails by it's self, Kind of defeats the purpose of off-roading.

One of my favorite trails to hike here in NC is the Art Loeb. A 30 mile one-way hike. Typically this means you have to dedicate an extra 1.5hrs at the beginning and the end of the hike to have a car at the start and finish. It would be nice to hop on the trail, and have the car meet you at the terminus.

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
putting facial recognition in your car huh

WEF just said we have to get rid of cars. Easy way to do that

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ever seen an unmolested sign in the wilderness??? I think its a rite-of-passage for some peeps to put bullet holes in anything man made in the wilderness. Only a matter to time before these solar panels are riddled with bullet holes...
In the spirit of keeping our national parks natural... I hope none are built in the NPS. To date, all national park campgrounds have: No power or water connections, no showers, no cell antennas, etc. There are zero cell phone antennas in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Let's hope the same remains true for charging stations....Keep em out.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jeep: We'll try anything except making a better vehicle.

*edit...looks like i ruffled a few feathers from Jeep owners who are mad their Wrangler was designed in the 1950's...settle down guys, the 392 Wrangler is cool, ok!

its Ford v. Chrysler friendly banter....jokes....just take a breathe
I wouldn't sweat that. I mean, the basic design of the 911 is the same as it was in '64, yet every time there's another 'supercar showdown!' on some car show, Porsche rolls up with their 60 yr old design and obliterates everyone.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching a post apocalyptic movie last night, with the bad guys cruising on their choppers and in armored Brinks trucks, and wondering where they got all that fuel 30 years after the EOTWAWKI. These solar stations and biodiesel would be the only realistic paths for motorized travel in that world once the oil refineries were shut down.

So the Mad Maxs of the future will be thanking Jeep.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
EV Bronco is on the way. You will start seeing charge stations at trail heads before too long.
At the trails I've been on, would be surprised to ever see charging stations. I think until range extends, EV 4x4s will be more for pavement dwellers. Which honestly a lot of people buy Broncos/Wranglers for the image not for a trail. EV will work fine for that usage.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching a post apocalyptic movie last night, with the bad guys cruising on their choppers and in armored Brinks trucks, and wondering where they got all that fuel 30 years after the EOFTWAWKI. These solar stations and biodiesel would be the only realistic paths for motorized travel in that world once the oil refineries were shut down.

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!
Great, now I am going to have to sell the ICE and go get me a KITT-style Jeep.

Sponsored

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was watching a post apocalyptic movie last night, with the bad guys cruising on their choppers and in armored Brinks trucks, and wondering where they got all that fuel 30 years after the EOTWAWKI. These solar stations and biodiesel would be the only realistic paths for motorized travel in that world once the oil refineries were shut down.

those solar stations would be looted of their panels within the first week.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

those solar stations would be looted of their panels within the first week.
Probably, but you'll have a few heavily guarded by people playing the long game. There could be hundreds of thousands of these things at some point too.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep: We'll try anything except making a better vehicle.

*edit...looks like i ruffled a few feathers from Jeep owners who are mad their Wrangler was designed in the 1950's...settle down guys, the 392 Wrangler is cool, ok!

its Ford v. Chrysler friendly banter....jokes....just take a breathe
Nah ur golden. I said that awhile ago.. Bronco gives you more for the money whereas jeep you get less for more.
Sponsored