First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never said I worship Ford. Never said I was special after owning a bunch if Fords. Just trying to explain to the first time specialty vehicle wanna-be owners, that this sort of thing has gone on before with cool models in high demand, even long before any supply chain issues ever started. The last couple years have just made it all worse. The chip manufacturers don't give a rats ass whether you buy a Bronco or not. And frankly, neither do the Ford dealers when they're weighing selling at a discount or selling at a bigger profit. Gee, I wonder which option they'll choose.
No one cares if you get pissed and walk away from a potential purchase because there will be plenty more prospective buyers to come along and take your place and snag a Bronco. So either wait, or move on.
Sponsored

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer is stating that this applies to the US only. As far as they know, Canadian order banks open up around October 15th for everyone (new retail orders included).

Any other Canadians out there heard anything? From their dealer or Ford Canada.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Never said I worship Ford. Never said I was special after owning a bunch if Fords. Just trying to explain to the first time specialty vehicle wanna-be owners, that this sort of thing has gone on before with cool models in high demand, even long before any supply chain issues ever started. The last couple years have just made it all worse. The chip manufacturers don't give a rats ass whether you buy a Bronco or not. And frankly, neither do the Ford dealers when they're weighing selling at a discount or selling at a bigger profit. Gee, I wonder which option they'll choose.
No one cares if you get pissed and walk away from a potential purchase because there will be plenty more prospective buyers to come along and take your place and snag a Bronco. So either wait, or move on.
You're missing the entire point of the thread, that Ford has repeatedly changed the Bronco order, build and delivery process multiple times, to the detriment of the early reservation holders. This has pissed off an entirely new set of possible Ford buyers who will swear off any Ford in the future, not a great business plan.

By the way, we are not a bunch of young whippersnappers you need to educate on the Ford special model release process, there are highly educated and knowledgeable members here who know the ropes and have been sharing it for the last couple of years, including this subject in multiple threads.

As someone who has also been buying cars and trucks for decades, I don't start from the point that fellow forum members know nothing.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you really want a Bronco you could have had one already. You all just want THE one bronco and for most of you it means waiting. You can't order 3,000,000 burgers and be pissed when the dude who ordered nuggets gets his first.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay? Why are you ranting at me? I agreed I have no faith in Ford to follow through with building customer orders first and only lower end model Broncos for stock.
I’m saying you are wrong if you think they are only building low end models for dealer stock. At least 1/3 of the local big dealer stock units were wildtrack and badlands.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m saying you are wrong if you think they are only building low end models for dealer stock. At least 1/3 of the local big dealer stock units were wildtrack and badlands.
Lol I didn’t say that. I just reiterated what their email was promising, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

bandit67

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're missing the entire point of the thread, that Ford has repeatedly changed the Bronco order, build and delivery process multiple times, to the detriment of the early reservation holders. This has pissed off an entirely new set of possible Ford buyers who will swear off any Ford in the future, not a great business plan.

By the way, we are not a bunch of young whippersnappers you need to educate on the Ford special model release process, there are highly educated and knowledgeable members here who know the ropes and have been sharing it for the last couple of years, including this subject in multiple threads.

As someone who has also been buying cars and trucks for decades, I don't start from the point that fellow forum members know nothing.
I'm well aware of all the changes to the order process. Just because I waited to join here doesn't mean I haven't been lurking for years. Found this forum right at the beginning through a sister forum.

Some of you are missing a whole bunch of points. I too could have been one of the early reservation holders that plopped down $100 with 3 or 4 different dealers, but realized the demand was going to create all sorts of issues and/or problems, so I decided to try to wait it out a while until things settled out, and avoid the ups and downs, getting bumped, etc.

My thought was that $100 deposit thing was a huge mistake. The normal $500 or $1000 would have kept a lot of posers from getting on board and screwing up the entire rollout.

Add in the pressure to Ford from big dealers losing allocation to people coming out of the woodwork for only $100, and you have the current situation.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here's the plan...
  • People who currently have a 2022MY order and will be bumped to 2023MY can place their order Sept 12th. In order to receive priority, these orders need to be submitted before Nov 14th, 2022.
  • People who do not currently have a Bronco order will be able to place one at a future date. The current estimate is sometime in Q4 2022, but no official date has been set yet.
Any word on price protection for MY23 for those before and after the March, 2021 date?

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking back on this thread since yesterday….
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. 1660075830112
LOL - was thinking the same thing. CEASE FIRE...CEASE FIRE!!!!

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While I believe the communication isn’t fabricated I also believe the content to be malarkey. More of the same lip service we have been spoon fed for 12+ months
Sponsored