Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CG / 4 Door / Hard Top / Self-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else heard this. I went in to drop my tow package yesterday. Dealer said on their call this week Ford told them they were going to 60/40 dealer orders vs customer orders. Why?!? They also had a Bronco on the lot that wasn’t a customer order. One they ordered to sell. As a 21 res, this don’t sit well with me.
Sponsored

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thoughts on why...

1) Customers with custom orders are more likely to retain their orders for a few extra months if it means getting exactly what they want. They'll be frustrated, but the shortage is ultimately to blame for the wait.
2) Dealers will accept just about any allotment right now if it means having actual vehicles to sell, so they can pay their bills. The last allotment I heard of a dealer nearby getting was a surprise couple of basic BBs. They sold instantly, of course.

They're just trying to find the happy medium that retains as many custom orders as possible while keeping dealers afloat IMO.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is understandable when Ford said they needed a start making Broncos even if they can't meet the reservation holders (due to constraints and such).

But where they really screwed us all, is when they started counting dealer stock allocations against reservations allocations.

So yes, it has been widely discussed, that a dealer with reservation orders can use up their allocations on retail stock before the reservations can be built with part constraints.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts on why...

1) Customers with custom orders are more likely to retain their orders for a few extra months if it means getting exactly what they want. They'll be frustrated, but the shortage is ultimately to blame for the wait.
2) Dealers will accept just about any allotment right now if it means having actual vehicles to sell, so they can pay their bills. The last allotment I heard of a dealer nearby getting was a surprise couple of basic BBs. They sold instantly, of course.

They're just trying to find the happy medium that retains as many custom orders as possible while keeping dealers afloat IMO.
I agree. I am not sure what they are sending dealers, but for all we know it is a bunch of slap together builds. They looked in the parts closet and said, "what can we build that we will push out the door today?"

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t buy this. If they have customer orders they will get built first . If that dealer has no customer orders that can be built or more allocation than orders that can be built it may be 60/40 for that dealer.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t buy this. If they have customer orders they will get built first . If that dealer has no customer orders that can be built or more allocation than orders that can be built it may be 60/40 for that dealer.
And yet a ton of us have been waiting on reservations more than 560 days. I drove past a local dealer a few weeks ago with several hard tops for sale with $20k+ markups. @Ford Motor Company doesn’t care

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome the the wizarding world of Ford.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And yet a ton of us have been waiting on reservations more than 560 days. I drove past a local dealer a few weeks ago with several hard tops for sale with $20k+ markups. @Ford Motor Company doesn’t care
Believe me share holders do care. The dealers most likely either marked up adm on a customer or a customer order fell through. Lots of that going on also.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well they did not build all 7000 FE models before anything else either. First should mean first, not whenever we get to them

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well they did not build all 7000 FE models before anything else either. First should mean first, not whenever we get to them
They are built in priority order based on the dealer you selected, if they can be built. They have to build what they can. It would make no sense to shut down because they can’t build it. Large corporations have plans to make for the board of directors and shareholders and guidance give to Wall Street. This isn’t a privately held company. The board of directors and the shareholders definitely care if they meet their objectives and orders. Why do you think stock dropped 10% in one day when they announced the shutdown last week. Just because everyone doesn’t have their bronco doesn’t mean they don’t care. Reservations always meant they would be built first, if not constrained, with your dealer. If there are constraints they build what they can.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yep, spot on and I can attest to this first hand at the Ford dealership by my residence.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are built in priority order based on the dealer you selected, if they can be built. They have to build what they can. It would make no sense to shut down because they can’t build it. Large corporations have plans to make for the board of directors and shareholders and guidance give to Wall Street. This isn’t a privately held company. The board of directors and the shareholders definitely care if they meet their objectives and orders. Why do you think stock dropped 10% in one day when they announced the shutdown last week. Just because everyone doesn’t have their bronco doesn’t mean they don’t care. Reservations always meant they would be built first, if not constrained, with your dealer. If there are constraints they build what they can.
This ☝
Sponsored