MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The section of article below says that “Ford is focused on building existing customer orders as opposed to Broncos earmarked for dealer inventory.”

This is the clarification and news I was hoping and looking for! This is without a doubt a step in the right direction as is the encouraging sales and production numbers for Q1.

The Ford Authority Take
Ford Bronco sales during the first quarter of 2022 were quite healthy, albeit limited by the ongoing circumstance of demand outpacing supply. To that end, Ford is still focused on building existing customer orders as opposed to Broncos earmarked for dealer inventory.In fact, demand for the Bronco is so strong that Ford recently stopped taking orders for the 2022 model year. It’s worth noting that this high demand has caused many Bronco reservation/order holders to wait for months and, in some cases, as long as a year to get their new wild horse.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

“In some cases” …. 😂 😤

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well.... as long as they are still focused on the reservationists, we should stay on the same awesome path we are on now!

Anyway, I still get a sad chuckle when I re-read the email about pausing retail orders;

Bronco Order Banks
We're continuing to prioritize the orders we already have, like yours,1 by pausing new retail orders of the 2022 model year after March 7, 2022. And you'll hear more on the 2023 model year later this year.

While it is great that they are continuing to prioritize orders like mine, maybe it might be nice for a change to concentrate on my actual order instead of ones just like it? Just a thought is all... (a pipe dream, I know; they would have to change the allocation formula to take reservations into account to actually prioritize reservation orders instead of exisiting and not necessarily reservation based orders)

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch what the company does, not what its spokesmen say. Halting orders was a positive step, but they’ve got a long way to go to build back trust from the enthusiast base.

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The issue now is shipping them to dealers. Railyards have at times held onto Broncos for weeks after they arrive at destination yards. Convoys are delivering newer builds before delivering Broncos that have been sitting in the shipping lot for weeks.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
“Focused on” is different than saying exclusively building reservations before dealer stock. Up to a year…. Many of us have exceeded that mark.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The section of article below says that “Ford is focused on building existing customer orders as opposed to Broncos earmarked for dealer inventory.”

This is the clarification and news I was hoping and looking for! This is without a doubt a step in the right direction as is the encouraging sales and production numbers for Q1.

The Ford Authority Take
Ford Bronco sales during the first quarter of 2022 were quite healthy, albeit limited by the ongoing circumstance of demand outpacing supply. To that end, Ford is still focused on building existing customer orders as opposed to Broncos earmarked for dealer inventory.In fact, demand for the Bronco is so strong that Ford recently stopped taking orders for the 2022 model year. It’s worth noting that this high demand has caused many Bronco reservation/order holders to wait for months and, in some cases, as long as a year to get their new wild horse.
Not sure what clarified or new info here. This is the way Ford has been handling Bronco all along.

The only thing new is that Ford paused new orders on March 7th and that's old news as well.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what clarified or new info here. This is the way Ford has been handling Bronco all along.
It's what they've said all along. Not necessarily what they've done.

It's also pretty vague. If there's no change in how allocations are handled, the guy that ordered 30 minutes before the books closed is likely to get a Bronco before Day 1 reservation at the wrong* dealership.

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heck, I’ll take any good news no matter how vague. Light years better than no comment.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The Ford Authority Take
Something for you to consider is that Ford did not say they are focused (which means nothing) on existing customer orders (and it does not say reservation based orders get any sort of priority in any event), but that Ford Authority, who is not affiliated with Ford, is telling you what they think Ford means. There is nothing you posted from Ford directly. No quotes, no official word, just an internet article with someone's opinion.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"In some cases," like mine, we put in our orders for our July 2020 reservations in January of 2021, reordered in October of 21, and have no word on when we will be scheduled for production. I seriously doubt I will have mine by January of 2023.

If I didn't place a 2nd order four months ago minus the MIC and SAS that is now on a rail car somewhere between Chicago and MN, I'd be ordering a Rubicon. :)

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heck, I’ll take any good news no matter how vague. Light years better than no comment.
This is not from Ford, it is from a separate company giving you their opinion on what the words of Ford mean.
Sponsored