First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who reserved after 9-17-20 was never getting a 21MY Bronco. There's so much disinformation out there, just want you to know brother.
Yes, although at the time, the numbers being thrown around were 30% of reservations would be allocations for 2021, which folks naturally assumed Ford could accurately forecast. While dealers were informed it was 30% of reservations before 9/20/20, the public was not, so the expectations for the end consumer were that 30% of the 190k reservations would be built, some 60k units which would get everyone taken care of by, well...a week from next Thursday . The disconnect between dealers forgetting their proprietary allocation formula was not known outside their inner circle meant they erroneously thought everyone understood the allocations to be extremely limited vs the total number of reservations (like 15-18%), while most everyone else did the math with expected conversion rates and came up with a worst case scenario of a year to get all the reservations done in the magical time when Ford said they would build them first. That also played into the understanding that no matter what dealer and allocations, there was a maximum wait time of a year of production. This was before commodities being restricted, chips, and bad roofs. The reason for the bad info is that Ford has never given good information to the final consumer. Don't make the mistake of thinking most reservation holders scour the forums and know all the details, they don't. They maybe, if they even go to a forum, read someones theory that is related a few times and it becomes Gospel.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if the price protection is driving Ford to try and clear out the backlog of reservation holders? With their costs increasing and higher MSRPs selling tens of thousands of vehicles with the MY21 year pricing is going to get rather expensive. I can't see them caring about the consumers but I wouldn't be surprised if the accountants pointed out the price protection was costing the company many millions of dollars. I don't know how many reservation holders are still waiting but if it's 75,000 and Ford has to take a $1,000 hit on each for price protection that's $75M which is certainly enough to make the corporate types take notice.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Existing orders? Ha!
My bronco has been both built and delivered to the dealer 5 months ago with a recalled airbag. Maybe they can re-route an airbag they’re busy putting in 2022 models and put it in a day one reservation bronco! 🤬
Just a quick update. Got a call today! 🎉
All the complaining seems to have worked. Airbag came in a speedy 22 weeks! 🥴

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder what our next "Hang in there" GIFT will be?
Yes.............sarcasm.

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if the price protection is driving Ford to try and clear out the backlog of reservation holders? With their costs increasing and higher MSRPs selling tens of thousands of vehicles with the MY21 year pricing is going to get rather expensive. I can't see them caring about the consumers but I wouldn't be surprised if the accountants pointed out the price protection was costing the company many millions of dollars. I don't know how many reservation holders are still waiting but if it's 75,000 and Ford has to take a $1,000 hit on each for price protection that's $75M which is certainly enough to make the corporate types take notice.
The price protection is an effort to keep as many early orders as possible. Most of the first two years production is going to those people. Building loyalty in a brand is huge and having early adopters abandon orders would be very damaging to that brand.

TJ1007

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look at all you complainers about your 2021 and 2022 reservations. How about a less than 24 hr reservation holder in 2020!

7190CED2-C342-4918-B16C-3FC7BB62442D.png

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at all you complainers about your 2021 and 2022 reservations. How about a less than 24 hr reservation holder in 2020!
I sympathize, at least I knew I was going to be delayed quite a bit when I cancelled my first reservation and went with the Grangtober deal. I can't believe the number of really early unfilled reservations like yours. Seeing other people walk in order and get a Bronco 18 months after making a reservation must be next level irritation with Ford. It says a lot about the determination you and others have to get a Bronco. Too bad the whole process will leave such a bad impression of Ford.

Glennbob2.7

Badlands
First Name
Glennbob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0L V8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have dealers around me posting on Facebook marketplace that they have 6 in stock Broncos (it’s a dealership with a shady reputation already) I’m seeing a lot of this on the internet today that there are dealers with large numbers of “in stock” Broncos…
I wonder WTF is going on?
Did they start replenishing stock orders again? Are these pro who had them ordered and then bailed?
I’m late to the waiting game… my dealer totaled my F150 in service so my “waiting for the reservations to get delivered first” plan got accelerated. Just sucks to see dealers having so much in stock while reading this daily and seeing so many waiting… and no communication.

HomerJ

Wildtrak
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its crazy to me to see dealers getting inventory of Broncos and people are still waiting so long to get their builds. This week I saw a dealer get 5 Broncos in stock and immediately place them all on their lot and website for sale. These were mostly Big Bends and 1 Black Diamond and 1 Outer Banks. Only 3 remain as of today and I would suspect they will be gone by Monday.

20220412_181645.jpg
Sponsored