Sponsored

Mach-E All Online Order Process - I wonder if Bronco will get this?

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sister site Mach-E Forum detailed the all-online ordering completion process for Mach-E (link here), and EVbite has said
This system was created side by side with the Mustang Mach-E (and upcoming EV’s) in mind, due to the average EV customers preference. However, this is the future of Ford and will be available across the model lineup either alongside its release or shortly after.
Who else would be interested in an all-online process? I know I would (and kinda-sorta am, I reserved the Mach-E but am changing my order to a Bronco due to Michigan's terrible charging network and the fact that I drive on avg 20,000 miles a year).

And here's a few screenshots of the system from EVbite article (link here):

Ford to Fully Immerse the Mustang Mach-E with an Online Buying Process
written by Giovanni September 13, 2020

Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Purchase-Dashboard-1.jpg

If we look at zero-emissions cars as the modernization of the everyday car, then we can look at the push towards online sales as the modernization of the dealership experience. For the longest of times, the dealership experience has been a thorn in basically every car buyer’s side, long waits, pushy salesmen, haggling, etc. makes for a draining experience. We have seen Tesla not only prove that electric cars are feasible, but also that a simple online car buying experience can be successfully done. While it looks like many others are not quite yet ready to abandon their dealership networks, Ford is looking to dive head first into a fully online buying experience, possibly even beating Tesla’s process.
Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Purchase-Dashboard-2.jpg
What does everyone think?
Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going for the Tesla vibe.

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't mind this at all; especially with having my reservation out of state with Granger. Eliminates the need to physically go to the dealerahip or have build specs lost in translation over the phone or through email. I'm 100% for this!

ms-2iMwsf.gif

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Mach-E reservation too. And I will also most likely cancel it for the Bronco. I didn't think there were many cross-shoppers between the two vehicles.

Anyway, I would hope that Ford would go in with the no hassle/no haggle all online for EVERY car. As long as there is a drop down for Xplan and I'm OK with everything, I'd rather not have to go to a dealer and sit in a box for 8 hours.

I haven't purchased a Ford new, well, ever. But I've always seen decent incentives, good financing and ironically Ford could probably make more money this way on the average.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting but as was said the Mach-E is definitely targeting the Tesla lifestyle. And it seems as though Ford is all in on branding 'lifestyles' now, with that I'd doubt Bronco mimics it. But who knows.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the dealers would riot on ford,that could be a lot of lost sales.(not to mention losing out on trying to haggle the best deal game)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s already been discussed here that this is the process for the Bronco. You will order online and then follow up with your dealer to confirm all the details before they place the order.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would go for this in a heartbeat. Anything not to have to step foot in a dealership.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't mind this at all; especially with having my reservation out of state with Granger. Eliminates the need to physically go to the dealerahip or have build specs lost in translation over the phone or through email. I'm 100% for this!

Ford Bronco Mach-E All Online Order Process - I wonder if Bronco will get this? ms-2iMws
I'm suspecting that @Granger Ford will be communicating 1 step over to make sure that we get EXACTLY what we are looking for. Guessing that there is a manual "import" from the customer portal to the dealers order system.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who else would be interested in an all-online process?
Already happening, you still have to order through the dealership...

However the paperwork and most of the delivery is/can be handled online...

They are still working on the remote delivery part of it...

The main difference between Tesla and Ford are dealership agreements that cannot be undone at this point...

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't mind this at all; especially with having my reservation out of state with Granger. Eliminates the need to physically go to the dealership or have build specs lost in translation over the phone or through email. I'm 100% for this!
That is the way it will happen for the ordering and some delivery paperwork...

We would still love to have all come and get the delivery experience of coming and picking it up from the corral...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyway, I would hope that Ford would go in with the no hassle/no haggle all online for EVERY car.

The MachE has no markup invoice and window sticker are the same #...

I'd rather not have to go to a dealer and sit in a box for 8 hours.

I would believe that is the sentiment for all folks...me included...

Ford could probably make more money this way on the average.

Ford makes the same amount of money on all vehicles because dealerships cannot negotiate a price with them...

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is the way it will happen for the ordering and some delivery paperwork...

We would still love to have all come and get the delivery experience of coming and picking it up from the corral...
Yeah, we'll definitely want to come drive it and take delivery from the corral. Only thing I'm concerned about is dealing with the financing guy (no offense intended, just being honest) as that is where even my best dealership experience has always gone south (if it hadn't already done it before that).
Sponsored