Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not a rare car
You can test drive then buy at your convenience

175k pre orders, many are duplicates or will cancel because of the long wait, or the bronco may not be in their budget. It wouldn't be shocking at all to see a 50+% dropout rate

If this was a low production or exotic thing then ordering without a test drive might be the only way to get one. But this is just a ford truck, any supply issues will be short lived

If you absolutely care most about being one of the first then go crazy, but if you're a person who waited years already what's waiting a couple months more going to hurt?
Sponsored

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is saying no test drive, I think this means they didn't order their own.

I would be okay walking away if I am not happy with my order when I see it - but doesn't that mean I have to eat some kind of deposit?

Does anybody know what that is going to be?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is saying no test drive, I think this means they didn't order their own.

I would be okay walking away if I am not happy with my order when I see it - but doesn't that mean I have to eat some kind of deposit?

Your dealer should not require a deposit at order time. If they do, find another dealer.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It'll be hard to walk away after putting it on order for so long,
I see Tesla's where the new owner notices horrible build quality and they just take it anyways.

It's difficult to find fault in something that you've been waiting on for a year and you have paid a deposit for too. After ordering your $100 may not be refundable anymore

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Granger Ford has confirmed that dealers have not been able to order their own stock cars yet. BUT they should still be receiving a few "mannequins" for people to check out, drive, sit in, etc, BUT not sell. All Ford Bronco stores should receive these...when? Who knows. I think Albert said it probably would not be prior to the December ordering start.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We're planning on ordering and then driving it when it gets delivered. We'll just back out if it doesn't turn out to be what we are hoping for.
Which is probably a good reason why a lot of folks are choosing the 6 over the 4. More "can't hurt" - especially if the mpg is nearly identical.

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've contacted my dealer 3 separate times to go over details like this and they have yet to get back to me. Time to find a new dealer I guess.

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting mine......unless I find a great deal on a 66-77 that's in fair condition.....I am looking still for one of those as well......

Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never test drove a new car before buying it. Not sure what that would even would do for me. I understand if someone would want to tho...

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I confess I am having some concerns about placing my order in December. I have NEVER made a purchase of this magnitude ($50K plus) on something that I have not had the opportunity to experience in person first or at least see somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I am a Die Hard Ford guy and have three Ford's in my garage at any given time but with something this new I have to take a giant leap of faith. Quality is not a concern I know it will be a great vehicle and its abundantly clear that Ford has done their homework on the Bronco. My larger concerns are things like how will I like the ergonomics, will it fit me well or be too small?

I am not even hung up on driving one first but I sure wish Ford would make vehicles available for people to see in person before the ordering process. I would be satisfied if there was some numbers of Broncos that were moved regionally to different dealers and the reservation holders could at least see them. Maybe a couple day windows at regional sites that you could just go look at them and maybe sit in it to see how you like it. No test drives necessary. I would be willing to drive 100 miles for that opportunity. That would go a LONG way increasing my comfort level on pulling the trigger in December.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sort of do. But this is why I'm here every day. By the time December rolls around I think I'll have a pretty good idea what I'm getting into.

As for driving it, feeling it, getting in it, etc.... I've never been super picky about some of these things. Modern vehicles are, for the most part, all pretty good. I haven't owned anything from this decade so I think I'll be pretty happy. I haven't been spoiled by all the creature comforts yet.

Ive never put this much research into a vehicle either. So I think I'll be good on that front.
Sponsored