First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was riding high on emotion but managed to hold off on making a reservation. Now that the rational brain is kicking in, I'm back to waiting for driving reviews and my own seat time. Ford has a much better chance of getting me into a Sport if they hit the lots soon enough. This down payment is burning a hole in my pocket. :LOL: Tomorrow, I'm visiting the Toyota dealership. Let's see if I make it out without a purchase. Ford is lucky that Toyota's stock has been depleted here locally and there's hardly anything to drive. But they called and said a truck arrived this week with some fresh stock.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't test driven a car in about 17 years :)

I bought my Shelby GT500 without a test drive as well as three different trucks. No real reason unless you are seriously straining the bank to buy it. You can always back out generally within 48 hours should you absolutely hate it. I was concerned about height maybe being an issue since I'm 6'3" but watching a video of a guy who was 6'7" get in, I'm fine.
I'm not sure what the bank has to do with it though? When I bought a notebook PC last year, I tested out various notebooks at a store, and found one where I liked the keyboard feel, screen size and brightness, etc. I bought an angle grinder the other day. I didn't get to run it in the store, but I took several out of boxes and tested the switch arrangement, grip and other features, before finding one that had a good feel and seemed sturdy.

I do that with many things I buy, and for a vehicle will do same. Also I already own a Jeep TJ and Land Rover. So this Bronco will need to provide enough of a benefit over those, to make buying worthwhile. Test driving the new Bronco and giving it an in-person going over will help make that an educated decision.

Obviously your method of purchasing has worked for you. To me, buying a new Bronco without having driven or maybe even having seen it, seems buying more on the image than the reality and utility. To each his own, but that is opposite to how I make most purchases.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Obviously your method of purchasing has worked for you. To me, buying a new Bronco without having driven or maybe even having seen it, seems buying more on the image than the reality and utility. To each his own, but that is opposite to how I make most purchases.
I've already said in this thread but seems folks might be missing it. You can test drive it before you buy.

You'll be ordering without testing, sure, but if you have concerns it's no issue to test it before signing papers and walking away from it.

I'm not sure what the hang-up is here unless someone has zero self-control and can't say no to parting with their money once it arrives.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd at least like a go in a manual to get a feel for the shifter and clutch. I'm really sensitive to those things so it would be nice to know whether or not I like how it shifts or not. I doubt I'll get the chance, given that even if they do happen to ship out Pre-production models to dealers, they'll send out auto models only.
This big time. Might be my number one "want to know" item. I read this is a new transmission rather than from an existing truck? How does it feel and shift, how is the clutch. What about the crawler gear? Still one of the more personal and feel-based attributes of a vehicle left, as a lot of other things become automated. Hoping to test drive a manual before deciding on a purchase.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've already said in this thread but seems folks might be missing it. You can test drive it before you buy.

You'll be ordering without testing, sure, but if you have concerns it's no issue to test it before signing papers and walking away from it.

I'm not sure what the hang-up is here unless someone has zero self-control and can't say no to parting with their money once it arrives.
I'm not doing that. I'm not going through the process of ordering, then only seeing the vehicle at the end, having a day or two to make a decision and then screwing around returning it. No way.

I want to look at the vehicle, crawl under and over it, test drive it. See the different versions and options. Maybe test drive a second time or try auto vs manual and 2 door vs 4 door. The "buy and return" thing is not a valid option for me. That would bite.

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need the color question answered.... need to see colors!!
I'm stepping up form a 2000 Ranger, its going to be a lot better - no need to test drive

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Good point. If you pick one though and walk away it could be another 2 years before you get the one you want.......MOst of us are already looking at 2022 if you ordered it in the last week or so. I'm also curious how pricing is going to work. I guess its locked in once you order...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven a Taco, a 2/4dr JL, Jk and my Truck, I got a pretty good sense of how it'll drive

I'm only curious about the clutch engagement point, but I'm sure I'll figure that out just fine

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would definitely like a test drive, though I'm sure doing anything off-road won't be allowed. I'm also looking forward to reading reviews from some trusted sources (Car and Driver, R&T, etc.). They will probably have access to them before we will.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of you guys have mentioned returning the car????

Can't do that in California, you sign it's yours. No take backs unless you're buying used at CarMax or something

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I rent Wranglers on vacation every year so I also assume it won't be too different than that.
Solid axle vs. IFS, I would think it will be very different.

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m fully in. I can’t say that I’m picky enough to be disappointed in much after seeing videos, pics, and Ford’s quality.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what the bank has to do with it though? When I bought a notebook PC last year, I tested out various notebooks at a store, and found one where I liked the keyboard feel, screen size and brightness, etc. I bought an angle grinder the other day. I didn't get to run it in the store, but I took several out of boxes and tested the switch arrangement, grip and other features, before finding one that had a good feel and seemed sturdy.

I do that with many things I buy, and for a vehicle will do same. Also I already own a Jeep TJ and Land Rover. So this Bronco will need to provide enough of a benefit over those, to make buying worthwhile. Test driving the new Bronco and giving it an in-person going over will help make that an educated decision.

I don't believe I have ever tested a PC before buying one, so you are very right...to each their own.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As others have said, if you BUY a bronco before test driving it, that is because you chose to. We all have reservations, which turn into orders, which turn into deliveries, and which point you basically get "first dibs" on driving and buying it.

If it makes you feel better, before that time comes, go out and test drive the competition: Test drive a Ranger, F150, Wrangler, Toyota, whatever. So when you do drive the Bronco, you have already done the comparisons.

Then if it doesn't fit the bill.. walk. The most you will be out is $100 and that is only assuming the Dealer wants to be a dick and not give you the refund.

So to answer the OPs question, Of course we WANT to, and of course we WILL.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can I get power seats in the Big Bend? Which package do I need to get? I just can’t get comfortable unless I can adjust the seats.
Yea, that is a thought I had also. I wondering if I could order them thought Ford parts or the aftermarket. You have to go up the Outer Banks to get power seats. This is the only thing I want beyond what the Big Bend already offers.
Sponsored